Page 854 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 3547548048448508518528538548558568578588649049541354 ... LastLast
Results 12,796 to 12,810 of 20754
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    There was two Infinity War omni's announced, there is a much bigger one that seems to cover everything and the Starlin/Hickman one.
    Ah now I get it. Sorry for the misunderstanding. The Infinity War is the event after the Gauntlet omni, but I never have read any of the material due to the only minor X appearences in it. Would also be interested in some comments on that one!

Nice to see the New X-Men: Childhood's End stories get recollected. I've been waiting for that for awhile.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

There are actually three Infinity Omnibuses on the way:

Infinity War Omnibus

ISBN:*9781302915964Publisher:*MarvelImprint:*Marve lOn Sale:*April 16, 2019Format:*HARDCOVER BOOKEdition:*N/APrice:*$125.00 ($158.00 In Canada)Category:*COMICS & GRAPHIC NOVELSTerritories:Size:*7-1/4" X 10-7/8"Pages:*1,352

Description: The epic sequel to the Infinity Gauntlet! Adam Warlock's dark half has resurfaced. The Magus is here. And the cosmos shall feel his wrath! As the Magus schemes for ultimate power, an army of evil doppelgangers overwhelms Earth's heroes, Dr. Strange and Galactus seek answers and Thanos enters the fray -alongside the Infinity Watch! Can the Avengers, X-Men and more turn the tide? To defeat the Magus, Eternity must be awakened...and the Infinity Gauntlet reassembled!

COLLECTING:*INFINITY WAR 1-6; FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) 366-370; SPIDER-MAN (1990) 24; DEATHLOK (1991) 16; DAREDEVIL (1964) 310; WARLOCK AND THE INFINITY WATCH 7-10; DOCTOR STRANGE, SORCERER SUPREME 42-47; SILVER SURFER (1987) 67-69; WONDER MAN (1991) 13-15; ALPHA FLIGHT (1983) 110-112; SILVER SABLE & THE WILD PACK 4-5; GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (1990) 27-29; QUASAR 37-40; NEW WARRIORS (1990) 27; MARC SPECTOR: MOON KNIGHT 41-44; NOMAD (1992) 7; SLEEPWALKER 18; MATERIAL FROM CAPTAIN AMERICA (1968) 408; ALPHA FLIGHT (1983) 109; MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS (1988) 108-112

The Thanos Wars: Infinity Origin Omnibus

ISBN:*9781302915308Publisher:*MarvelImprint:*Marve lOn Sale:*April 9, 2019Format:*HARDCOVER BOOKEdition:*N/APrice:*$100.00 ($127.00 In Canada)Category:*COMICS & GRAPHIC NOVELSTerritories:Size:*7-1/4" X 10-7/8"Pages:*800

Description: Before he eradicated half the Marvel Universe, Thanos fought his first Infinity Gem-powered wars against Captain Marvel, Adam Warlock and the combined might of the Avengers. Created by the incomparable Jim Starlin, these epic battles redefi ned the stakes for Marvel's heroes -and at the center of it all was always Thanos. Starlin imbued Thanos' stories with an existential spirit and cosmic scope that made the Mad Titan as compelling as he was dangerous. Experience Thanos, Drax and Gamora's fi rst appearances, the very first assembling of the Infi nity Gems, the reinvention of Captain Marvel, the return of Adam Warlock and more in this awesome Omnibus edition. Beautifully restored and packed with extensive bonus material, it's a must-have for every Marvel fan.

COLLECTING:*IRON MAN (1968) 55, CAPTAIN MARVEL (1968) 25-34, MARVEL FEATURE (1971) 12, AVENGERS (1963) 125, STRANGE TALES (1951) 178-181, WARLOCK (1972) 9-15, MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) 55, AVENGERS ANNUAL (1967) 7, MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE ANNUAL (1976) 2, MARVEL GRAPHIC NOVEL (1982) 1, MATERIAL FROM DAREDEVIL (1964) 105, LOGAN'S RUN (1977) 6

and the unfortunate:

Infinity By Starlin & Hickman Omnibus

ISBN:*9781302915650Publisher:*MarvelImprint:*Marve lOn Sale:*April 2, 2019Format:*HARDCOVER BOOKEdition:*N/APrice:*$125.00 ($158.00 In Canada)Category:*COMICS & GRAPHIC NOVELSTerritories:Size:*7-1/4" X 10-7/8"Pages:*848

Description: From the epic that began it all - to the blockbuster event to end all blockbuster events! For Thanos, the Infinity Gauntlet is the ultimate prize. With it comes omnipotence: absolute control of time, space, power, reality, the mind and the soul. On the edge of Armageddon and led by the mysterious Adam Warlock, Earth's super heroes join in a desperate attempt to thwart one nihilistic god's insane plunge into galactic self-destruction. Years later, Thanos makes a world-shattering return, seeking to claim Earth while the Avengers are caught in a war in deep space! Galactic empires will fall as his crazed plans come to fruition! From the cosmic minds of Jim Starlin and Jonathan Hickman come the bookend chapters of the Mad Titan's quest for infinity!

COLLECTING:*INFINITY GAUNTLET 1-6, INFINITY 1-6, NEW AVENGERS 7-12, AVENGERS 14-23

I'm considering picking up the first two but I'm not convinced yet. The first in particular as a follow up to the Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus. It's just a shame it doesn't include Warlock and the Infinity Watch #1-6, in particular that #1 wasn't in the Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus which would have been nice as it was the aftermath.

Amazing Member

Ended buying alot this week. Both Fantastic Four Epic and Punisher Max Vol 2. Holy crap I need that Infinity War and Infinity Origin book so much. Especially Infinity Origin!

pickup.jpg

So the Savage Sword of Conan is in addition to the other Marvel Conan omnibus. I wonder how much of all this Marvel will collect. That would be a **** ton of omnibus collections for Savage Sword alone. The magazine series ran 235 issues.

For some reason, I initially thought Marvel would collect the entire 275-issue Conan the Barbarian run. I don't know why. Maybe I based it off Marvel collecting all of Star Ward and Shang Chi when they got the rights. But . . . wow. That's a lot of Conan. Ha ha.

I don't know now.

Either way, I'm game for a at least a couple of them.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post
    Ah now I get it. Sorry for the misunderstanding. The Infinity War is the event after the Gauntlet omni, but I never have read any of the material due to the only minor X appearences in it. Would also be interested in some comments on that one!
    Infinity War is decent. It's a lesser story than Infinity Gauntlet, but the tie-ins are a bit better (Infinity Crusade on the other hand, yikes). I did a huge Starlin read through last summer (basically everything in the Thanos War omni, the IG omni, then IG Aftermath through the end of Crusade, then on to Infinity Abyss, The End and the OHC originals) so parts blend together, but I don't think I really got bored or upset or any other negative word until around Infinity War Aftermath. There's a certain repetitiveness, especially as they move towards Infinity Crusade, that just didn't do it for me. As an aside, it's one of the reasons I like the OHC series Starlin is doing now w/Thanos - the stories are really out there and a little off-kilter instead of just another bad guy needs to collect the Powerful MacGuffin so s/he can shape the universe to his/her will.

If you're going to move from Gauntlet to War, I'd recommend picking up the IG Aftermath trade - it'll cover everything Warlock and Surfer related that bridges the two omnibii.
    https://smile.amazon.com/Infinity-Ga...tlet+aftermath
    Last edited by bob.schoonover; 08-02-2018 at 09:40 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    So the Savage Sword of Conan is in addition to the other Marvel Conan omnibus. I wonder how much of all this Marvel will collect. That would be a **** ton of omnibus collections for Savage Sword alone. The magazine series ran 235 issues.

For some reason, I initially thought Marvel would collect the entire 275-issue Conan the Barbarian run. I don't know why. Maybe I based it off Marvel collecting all of Star Ward and Shang Chi when they got the rights. But . . . wow. That's a lot of Conan. Ha ha.

I don't know now.

Either way, I'm game for a at least a couple of them.
    I feel like these should be collected in Walt Simonson Thor Omnibus size books and not Shang Chi size books.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    It's kind of amusing that Excalibur is the one Epic Collection series being released in order. It makes a certain kind of sense, but I'm a little jealous of people that have the ability to read the series they want in order (I'll use this little space to scream into the universe, "Where is my ASM: Gang War Epic Collection?!?!?").
    I'm pretty sure I've never read Excalibur in order (until Warren Ellis' run), so I'm really glad they're reprinting the Epics in order.

For the rest of the series, it hasn't seemed to effect my enjoyment much.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member

I'm kind of miffed at the Cable & X-Force: Onslaught! collection - I expected they'd just skip over the Onslaught x-over issues and fill in all the space between Onslaught and Operation: Zero Tolerance. Now we're (probably) going to get two collections with a ton of double dipping for those of us that already collected the events.

That Thanos Wars Omnibus is basically the collection I invented for the most recent "Most Wanted Marvel Omnibus" poll, so that's cool (well, I included Silver Surfer: Homecoming, too, just for Starlin completeness).

It's kind of amusing that Excalibur is the one Epic Collection series being released in order. It makes a certain kind of sense, but I'm a little jealous of people that have the ability to read the series they want in order (I'll use this little space to scream into the universe, "Where is my ASM: Gang War Epic Collection?!?!?").
    I feel in a similar way regarding the X Force Onslaught book. Essentialy we get 2 (!) new collected issues but I am Still happy about it. The reasons why are I love the first X Force run and Siryn is my No. 1 X character and the X Force Epic line seems to be really dead. So it is at last a good sign that they still try to capitalize in the mixed Cable title. Plus we are getting an X Men Onslaught Aftermath and I am convinced we will be getting the same for X Force. It's about time.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post
    I feel in a similar way regarding the X Force Onslaught book. Essentialy we get 2 (!) new collected issues but I am Still happy about it. The reasons why are I love the first X Force run and Siryn is my No. 1 X character and the X Force Epic line seems to be really dead. So it is at last a good sign that they still try to capitalize in the mixed Cable title. Plus we are getting an X Men Onslaught Aftermath and I am convinced we will be getting the same for X Force. It's about time.
    Hey, I'm happy we're getting another book, too. As both a Cable and X-Force reader, I'm getting five (5!) new issues for my ~$20 so . . . ugh, still. I'm guessing we'll get one more C&XF collection - Cable 40-47 and X-Force 62-70 and Cable/X-Force Annual '97 - that's when Cable left X-Force and is also where the newer Cable trades pick up. Still, it would have been nice to just get one collection that fits in between Onslaught and O:ZT (at least for me since I own both OHCs).

I'm still waiting for a third omnibus for X-Force, too: Cable 9-20, X-Force 32-43 + Annual 3, New Warriors 45,46, Excalibur 82, X-Factor 106, and Wolverine 85. That, plus a nice Cable and the New Mutants OHC would really make my shelf look fantastic . . .

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Infinity War Omnibus

ISBN:*9781302915964Publisher:*MarvelImprint:*Marve lOn Sale:*April 16, 2019Format:*HARDCOVER BOOKEdition:*N/APrice:*$125.00 ($158.00 In Canada)Category:*COMICS & GRAPHIC NOVELSTerritories:Size:*7-1/4" X 10-7/8"Pages:*1,352

Description: The epic sequel to the Infinity Gauntlet! Adam Warlock's dark half has resurfaced. The Magus is here. And the cosmos shall feel his wrath! As the Magus schemes for ultimate power, an army of evil doppelgangers overwhelms Earth's heroes, Dr. Strange and Galactus seek answers and Thanos enters the fray -alongside the Infinity Watch! Can the Avengers, X-Men and more turn the tide? To defeat the Magus, Eternity must be awakened...and the Infinity Gauntlet reassembled!

COLLECTING:*INFINITY WAR 1-6; FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) 366-370; SPIDER-MAN (1990) 24; DEATHLOK (1991) 16; DAREDEVIL (1964) 310; WARLOCK AND THE INFINITY WATCH 7-10; DOCTOR STRANGE, SORCERER SUPREME 42-47; SILVER SURFER (1987) 67-69; WONDER MAN (1991) 13-15; ALPHA FLIGHT (1983) 110-112; SILVER SABLE & THE WILD PACK 4-5; GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (1990) 27-29; QUASAR 37-40; NEW WARRIORS (1990) 27; MARC SPECTOR: MOON KNIGHT 41-44; NOMAD (1992) 7; SLEEPWALKER 18; MATERIAL FROM CAPTAIN AMERICA (1968) 408; ALPHA FLIGHT (1983) 109; MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS (1988) 108-112
    Is it weird that I'm most excited about getting those Wonder Man and Alpha Flight issues in oversized glory?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    There are actually three Infinity Omnibuses on the way:

Infinity War Omnibus

The Thanos Wars: Infinity Origin Omnibus

ISBN:*9781302915308Publisher:*MarvelImprint:*Marve lOn Sale:*April 9, 2019Format:*HARDCOVER BOOKEdition:*N/APrice:*$100.00 ($127.00 In Canada)Category:*COMICS & GRAPHIC NOVELSTerritories:Size:*7-1/4" X 10-7/8"Pages:*800

Description: Before he eradicated half the Marvel Universe, Thanos fought his first Infinity Gem-powered wars against Captain Marvel, Adam Warlock and the combined might of the Avengers. Created by the incomparable Jim Starlin, these epic battles redefi ned the stakes for Marvel's heroes -and at the center of it all was always Thanos. Starlin imbued Thanos' stories with an existential spirit and cosmic scope that made the Mad Titan as compelling as he was dangerous. Experience Thanos, Drax and Gamora's fi rst appearances, the very first assembling of the Infi nity Gems, the reinvention of Captain Marvel, the return of Adam Warlock and more in this awesome Omnibus edition. Beautifully restored and packed with extensive bonus material, it's a must-have for every Marvel fan.

COLLECTING:*IRON MAN (1968) 55, CAPTAIN MARVEL (1968) 25-34, MARVEL FEATURE (1971) 12, AVENGERS (1963) 125, STRANGE TALES (1951) 178-181, WARLOCK (1972) 9-15, MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) 55, AVENGERS ANNUAL (1967) 7, MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE ANNUAL (1976) 2, MARVEL GRAPHIC NOVEL (1982) 1, MATERIAL FROM DAREDEVIL (1964) 105, LOGAN'S RUN (1977) 6

It's just a shame it[Infinity War Omni] doesn't include Warlock and the Infinity Watch #1-6, in particular that #1 wasn't in the Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus which would have been nice as it was the aftermath.
    I'll for sure be getting these. I'm also disappointed it doesn't have W&TIW issues. Is it possible with Adam teased for GotG3 movie that the collections dept is holding that out for inclusion in a full on Infinity Watch Omni??

Marvel finally dipping it's toe into(non pre-announced) volume 4 terrain with Avengers Omni volume 4!! Super pumped to get this as it takes the title up through issue #119!!
    I'll also get the Conan Omni with BWS cover.
    Daredevil Masterwork vol.13

Hoping that when solicits get up through May that the collections department will use this last Avengers 4 film to perhaps get us the following:
    Invincible Iron Man vol.3
    Captain America vol.3
    The Incredible Hulk vol.2
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    I feel like these should be collected in Walt Simonson Thor Omnibus size books and not Shang Chi size books.
    Yes, I agree.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Infinity War is decent. It's a lesser story than Infinity Gauntlet, but the tie-ins are a bit better (Infinity Crusade on the other hand, yikes). I did a huge Starlin read through last summer (basically everything in the Thanos War omni, the IG omni, then IG Aftermath through the end of Crusade, then on to Infinity Abyss, The End and the OHC originals) so parts blend together, but I don't think I really got bored or upset or any other negative word until around Infinity War Aftermath. There's a certain repetitiveness, especially as they move towards Infinity Crusade, that just didn't do it for me. As an aside, it's one of the reasons I like the OHC series Starlin is doing now w/Thanos - the stories are really out there and a little off-kilter instead of just another bad guy needs to collect the Powerful MacGuffin so s/he can shape the universe to his/her will.

If you're going to move from Gauntlet to War, I'd recommend picking up the IG Aftermath trade - it'll cover everything Warlock and Surfer related that bridges the two omnibii.
    https://smile.amazon.com/Infinity-Ga...tlet+aftermath
    Thanks for the tip Bob. It'll come in handy. It still is annoying not to have those Warlock and SS issues oversized in the Omnibuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'll for sure be getting these. I'm also disappointed it doesn't have W&TIW issues. Is it possible with Adam teased for GotG3 movie that the collections dept is holding that out for inclusion in a full on Infinity Watch Omni??

Marvel finally dipping it's toe into(non pre-announced) volume 4 terrain with Avengers Omni volume 4!! Super pumped to get this as it takes the title up through issue #119!!
    I'll also get the Conan Omni with BWS cover.
    Daredevil Masterwork vol.13

Hoping that when solicits get up through May that the collections department will use this last Avengers 4 film to perhaps get us the following:
    Invincible Iron Man vol.3
    Captain America vol.3
    The Incredible Hulk vol.2
    Captain America Vol. 3 up to the Kirby CA Omnibus would be very nice indeed.

Spectacular Member

Hey, I'm happy we're getting another book, too. As both a Cable and X-Force reader, I'm getting five (5!) new issues for my ~$20 so . . . ugh, still. I'm guessing we'll get one more C&XF collection - Cable 40-47 and X-Force 62-70 and Cable/X-Force Annual '97 - that's when Cable left X-Force and is also where the newer Cable trades pick up. Still, it would have been nice to just get one collection that fits in between Onslaught and O:ZT (at least for me since I own both OHCs).

I'm still waiting for a third omnibus for X-Force, too: Cable 9-20, X-Force 32-43 + Annual 3, New Warriors 45,46, Excalibur 82, X-Factor 106, and Wolverine 85. That, plus a nice Cable and the New Mutants OHC would really make my shelf look fantastic . . .
    I like your thinking. I am so looking forward to the next Volume of Cable X Force.