Page 857 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 3577578078478538548558568578588598608618679079571357 ... LastLast
Results 12,841 to 12,855 of 20754
    All-New Member

Just got Punisher Max vol 1 omnibus, and I'm not expert on binding, but I believe this is the first binding where pages didn't seem connected to the spine, and there is a bit of a gap. Can anyone tell me if this is normal? Will it hold up over time?

Spectacular Member

Someone posted this link when people were having the same issue with the Miles Morales omnibus and it worked well for me:

http://community.comicbookresources....Marvel-Omnibus

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrStayPuft View Post
    Just got Punisher Max vol 1 omnibus, and I'm not expert on binding, but I believe this is the first binding where pages didn't seem connected to the spine, and there is a bit of a gap. Can anyone tell me if this is normal? Will it hold up over time?

If its also the paper backing which has come on done, it could over time hurt the binding. Technically its still sewn. A thin piece of paper isnt the main thing holding the book together but I also had a book like this and it opened at a sharp v rather than a curve which could be harder on the sewn binding. I glued it and it returned back to a curve. You may want to return it before you go that route.

All-New Member

For the first time, I've received books with not good binding (I think I may have moaned about Thor by Walter Simonson but in comparison that binding now looks great).
    I made a large order when eBay had that 10% off code, and 3 of the omnibuses I received are not great. By far the worst is Deadpool & Co - I found a youtube video implying this is a widespread issue. Similar to the images other users have posted, the glue between the paper and the material hasn't stuck together. I relaxed the spine as you are recommended to (no idea if it even makes a difference in this case!) and can see that the 'not sticking' goes all the way down the spine so you can see out the other end!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSmith24 View Post
    For the first time, I've received books with not good binding (I think I may have moaned about Thor by Walter Simonson but in comparison that binding now looks great).
    I made a large order when eBay had that 10% off code, and 3 of the omnibuses I received are not great. By far the worst is Deadpool & Co - I found a youtube video implying this is a widespread issue. Similar to the images other users have posted, the glue between the paper and the material hasn't stuck together. I relaxed the spine as you are recommended to (no idea if it even makes a difference in this case!) and can see that the 'not sticking' goes all the way down the spine so you can see out the other end!
    This is what has happened to my Miles Morales omnibus
    It's a terrible quality issue with what is supposed to be a premium product and seems to be becoming a regular issue

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSmith24 View Post
    I am reading Deadpool & Co right now and it doesn't look like the paper was ever glued. Seems to be a problem with this entire print run.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

[QUOTE=MrStayPuft;3838649]Just got Punisher Max vol 1 omnibus, and I'm not expert on binding, but I believe this is the first binding where pages didn't seem connected to the spine, and there is a bit of a gap. Can anyone tell me if this is normal? Will it hold up over time?

I ordered this last week, but it won’t be here until a few days from now. I’ll post how the binding is on my copy.

However, that is NOT normal, and you should see if you can exchange it if possible.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Default Marvel Collected Editions Sales - July 2018

The complete estimated comic book sales figures for July 2018 are in (please note this list only details those comics sold to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond). I’ve listed below the Marvel OHC/Omnibus/MMW’s as well as the larger TPB collections such as the Epic and Complete lines that made the list, detailing the position, title and estimated sales. I haven’t included any reentries.

19. Doctor Strange: Damnation: The Complete Collection - 1,849
    27. Avengers by Jonathan Hickman Omnibus Vol. 2 - 1,652
    56. Star Wars OHC Vol. 3 - 1,216
    57. Shield by Hickman and Weaver: Human Machine OHC - 1,208
    74. Marvel Masterworks: Captain America HC Vol. 10 - 998
    80. Captain America Epic Collection Vol. 4: Hero or Hoax - 940
    93. Generations TPB - 887
    94. Star Wars Legends Epic Collection Vol. 3: The Original Marvel Years - 887
    96. Nova by Abnett & Lanning: The Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 871
    99. Journey to Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Captain Phasma OHC - 852
    110. Spider-Girl: The Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 805
    114. Star Wars: Rogue One Adaptation OHC - 777
    115. Daredevil Epic Collection Vol. 19: Root of Evil - 769
    118. Doctor Strange: Sorcerer Supreme Omnibus Vol. 2 - 759
    149. Joe Jusko Marvel Masterpieces OHC (IDW) - 633
    156. X-Men Origins: The Complete Collection - 610
    189. The Punisher: Shadowmasters TPB - 496
    212. Marvels Ant-Man and Wasp: Art of the Movie HC - 454
    226. Thor By Walter Simonson Vol. 4 TPB - 425
    227. Skaar Son of Hulk: The Complete Collection - 423
    248. Secret Invasion: Rise of the Skrulls TPB - 391
    302. Secret Invasion by Brian Michael Bendis Omnibus - 321

DC's Omnibus sales in July 2018:
    Batman by Grant Morrison Omnibus Vol. 1 - 1,767
    Ex Machina: The Complete Series Omnibus – 661
    Flash: The Silver Age Omnibus Vol. 3 – 628
    New Teen Titans Omnibus Vol. 3 (New Edition) – 279

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    19. Doctor Strange: Damnation: The Complete Collection - 1,849
    27. Avengers by Jonathan Hickman Omnibus Vol. 2 - 1,652
    118. Doctor Strange: Sorcerer Supreme Omnibus Vol. 2 - 759
    302. Secret Invasion by Brian Michael Bendis Omnibus - 321
    Doctor Strange Damnation---well damn that sold strong!
    Avengers by Hickman vol.2 did as well as anticipated
    Doctor Strange: Sorcerer Supreme Omni vol. 2 - I hope that is good enough to get a third volume. I want this series completed
    Secret Invasion Omni---I smell clearance bin and Black Friday blowouts coming
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Doctor Strange: Sorcerer Supreme Omni vol. 2 - I hope that is good enough to get a third volume. I want this series completed
    Agree on the SS Omi. I have the first 2.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I think the rate at which Marvel are releasing Omnibuses, we should see a Dr Strange SS Vol. 3 at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    I think the release date is working against Secret Invasion. It came out the last week and didn't release on places like Amazon until August.
    That may be so, but I don't think a lot of us were asking for this Omnibus.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Received my Volume 2 Ennis Punisher MAX Omni today, and the build quality looks solid. Someone recently posted about poor binding on the first volume, but this one looks good. I won’t be able to comment on the first one’s quality until I receive it on Friday or Saturday.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Received my Volume 2 Ennis Punisher MAX Omni today, and the build quality looks solid. Someone recently posted about poor binding on the first volume, but this one looks good. I won’t be able to comment on the first one’s quality until I receive it on Friday or Saturday.
    Just got my Vol 1 & 2 the other day and my Vol 1 was just fine after my page through. Vol 2 went back for miss cut pages, but the binding seemed good.

Not sure how much anyone would be interested since they are still widely available but I have two X-Men Classic Omnibus' and would be willing to trade it for something.