Page 863 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3637638138538598608618628638648658668678739139631363 ... LastLast
Results 12,931 to 12,945 of 20773

Speaking of Spider-Man, I am doing a read through of my collection...

Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus 1-3
    Amazing Spider-Man Epics: The Goblin's Last Stand & Kraven's Last Hunt
    Spider-Man by Roger Stern Omnibus
    Amazing Spider-Man by Michelinie & McFarlane Omnibus
    Spider-Man Big Time Complete Collections
    Superior Spider-Man OHC 1-3

Obviously there are some huge gaps in my collection and was looking to potentially fill some of those in. Anyone have any recommendations on other Spider-Man collections? Preferably Omnibus, OHC, Epic, or Complete Collection formats.

I keep going back and forth on the Clone Saga Ominbus' but I have heard nothing but negativity toward the stories.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus volume 4 will be sick!
    From Spider- Slayer to first Gibbon and than Kraven return and
    than first appearance of Hammer Head and than Hulk and Spidey tangle in
    Canada and than death of Gwen Stacy and Norman Osborn and than Luke Cage comes to visit
    and than first appearance of Man-Wolf and than Frank comes bearing gifts with first appearance
    of The Punisher and than Doc Ock and Aunt May and Hammer head for two issues and than the
    Molten Man returns for two issues and than Tarantula makes his first appearance and Punisher his second
    and than Harry Osborn becomes the new Green Goblin (Amazing Spider-Man 105- 137)
    I am sure there is a Annual and Giant Size or two that needs squeezing in and maybe we won't see
    Poor old Harry yet
    Exactly! This was a great stretch of storytelling. It's been a long time since I've read all the issues and I'm not sure I've read them all (haha), but ASM was strong all the way through about 150 and then it kind of hit a rut until the 190s. And of course a few years later . . . Stern!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

STAR WARS BY JASON AARON OMNIBUS Cover by JOHN CASSADAY:

EARTH X TRILOGY OMNIBUS: OMEGA Cover by ALEX ROSS:

THE AVENGERS OMNIBUS VOL. 4 NEAL ADAMS COVER (DM ONLY):

Savage Sword of Conan: The Original Marvel Years Omnibus vol. 1 Dell’Otto Cover:

SAVAGE SWORD OF CONAN: THE ORIGINAL MARVEL YEARS OMNIBUS VOL. 1 VALLEJO COVER (DM ONLY):

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: DAREDEVIL VOL. 13 HC Cover by GIL Kane:

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post

Obviously there are some huge gaps in my collection and was looking to potentially fill some of those in. Anyone have any recommendations on other Spider-Man collections? Preferably Omnibus, OHC, Epic, or Complete Collection formats.

I keep going back and forth on the Clone Saga Ominbus' but I have heard nothing but negativity toward the stories.
    I wouldn't recommend the Clone Saga Omnibus'. There is some great material in there, but also a lot of garbage. I would recommend the Spider-Man Brand New Day Complete Collection volumes 3 and 4. I loved all the issues in them, and they would increase your enjoyment of Big Time and Superior.

Quote Originally Posted by iPodwithnomusic View Post
    I wouldn't recommend the Clone Saga Omnibus'. There is some great material in there, but also a lot of garbage. I would recommend the Spider-Man Brand New Day Complete Collection volumes 3 and 4. I loved all the issues in them, and they would increase your enjoyment of Big Time and Superior.
    Great. thanks! Any particular reason why just volumes 3 & 4 of Brand New Day and not the first 2?

There's the Michelinie and Larsen omni which immediately continues the Michelinie and McFarlane. Also the two Alien Costume Saga Complete Collections that follow the Stern omni, which I've been waiting on an omni of this forever. They will make an omni of this, won't they?

Astonishing Member

The Alien Costume Saga is great,the stories from Amazing Spider-Man were writen by Tom De Falco.The stories are a must read IMO.
    The Roger Stern stories in Amazing Spider-Man were to me the best the stories became again after the quality they had while Stan Lee was writing them,but the Tom De Falco stories in ASM right after the Roger Stern run in ASM is a essential read as well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Savage Sword of Conan: The Original Marvel Years Omnibus vol. 1 Dell’Otto Cover:

SAVAGE SWORD OF CONAN: THE ORIGINAL MARVEL YEARS OMNIBUS VOL. 1 VALLEJO COVER (DM ONLY):

The Omnibus with the Dell,Otto cover is cool but i like the Omnibus with the original cover more.
    Anyways i have more Omnibuses that i want to buy first that this one,but it´s cool to see this one being published because i will be buying it as well as soon as i get a few more of other Omnibuses i want to get first.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Exactly! This was a great stretch of storytelling. It's been a long time since I've read all the issues and I'm not sure I've read them all (haha), but ASM was strong all the way through about 150 and then it kind of hit a rut until the 190s. And of course a few years later . . . Stern!
    Agreed,there was more consistency in the stories up until issue 150 of Amazing Spider-Man.
    Even so up untill the Roger Stern great run in Amazing Spider-Man there were great story arcs imo.
    As the Shocker story arc in issue 151 and 152,the Doctor Octopus and Hamerhead Ghost saga,the crossover story with Nova,the Third Green Goblin Saga and of course the story arc that concludes in issue 200 of Amazing Spider-Man that have the return of the Burglar.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    The Alien Costume Saga is great,the stories from Amazing Spider-Man were writen by Tom De Falco.The stories are a must read IMO.
    The Roger Stern stories in Amazing Spider-Man were to me the best the stories became again after the quality they had while Stan Lee was writing them,but the Tom De Falco stories in ASM right after the Roger Stern run in ASM is a essential read as well.
    Agreed. Stern's run is one of my favorites of all time
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

Great. thanks! Any particular reason why just volumes 3 & 4 of Brand New Day and not the first 2?
    Other than the opening arc I didn't really enjoy the volume 1 issues at all. I'm on the fence about the volume 2, it has New Ways to Die which was amazing, but the rest is pretty average.