Page 867 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 3677678178578638648658668678688698708718779179671367 ... LastLast
Results 12,991 to 13,005 of 20754
    Incredible Member

I hope this drop in paper quality isn’t a permanent thing. I will still likely buy what I want. What it will do is limit the other stuff I might’ve taken a chance on.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Absolutely off topic, but can anyone speak to Marvel's comic adaption of Oz . The Oz Omnibus looks nice and the art looks pretty good.
    The Oz omnibus is a pretty close adaptation of the first five or six Oz books by Baum. The Skottie Young art is great. The stories are fun children's stories basically. I gave it to my daughters for Christmas a few years ago and we read it together. They love it. I enjoyed it.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    The New Warriors trade is the same; 3 for 3 last week. *Sigh*
    Noooooooooo

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Is it the New Warriors trade that's the continuation of the omnibus? If so I might just wait for a bargain bin deal with that.
    It does. The NW Omni ends at #26.
    The NW: Darkness & Light TPB picks up at #27-36, Annual #3, Night Thrasher: Four Control mini #1-4, selections from a Holiday Special

I'm glad they are continuing their TPB line as a few prior orphaned lines are seeing rejuvenation under a new naming scheme.
    Personally, I'm just going to hope against hope that another TPB is collected and that then those are collected into a NW Omni vol.2 at some point in the early 2020s!!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    It does. The NW Omni ends at #26.
    The NW: Darkness & Light TPB picks up at #27-36, Annual #3, Night Thrasher: Four Control mini #1-4, selections from a Holiday Special

I'm glad they are continuing their TPB line as a few prior orphaned lines are seeing rejuvenation under a new naming scheme.
    Personally, I'm just going to hope against hope that another TPB is collected and that then those are collected into a NW Omni vol.2 at some point in the early 2020s!!!
    I'm glad too they are continuing the series it's just a shame the book itself is printed on a lettuce.

Incredible Member

Didn't want to believe it would happen, but IST finally stopped the guaranteed 50% release day discount. I can't say I am surprised but I am disappointed. Both Moon Knight by Lemire and X-Men Wedding were at 42% off today.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Didn't want to believe it would happen, but IST finally stopped the guaranteed 50% release day discount. I can't say I am surprised but I am disappointed. Both Moon Knight by Lemire and X-Men Wedding were at 42% off today.
    They're still my go-to place to shop at, but if this continues that'll be a mild disappointment.

I was surprised to see it was cheaper for me to buy the new Berlin hardcover, along with volume 3 of the tpb (Both were just released) from Amazon rather than IST. I think this is the first time this has happened with a new release....It's an independent book, though, and those tend to have less of a discount via IST than the Big 2.

Amazing Member

I've only started buying recently from them, but since for the last 4 months it's always been just 5 New Releases that would get the 50% off. Don't know if it was different in the past and all new releases got the extra discount or not. It still seems to be there though. THe 5 this week are Batman by Jeph Loeb, Batman/Catwomen Weeding Album, Earth X Trilogy Omni, Spider-man vs. Venom Omni and an X-men trade

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HuggyBear View Post
    I've only started buying recently from them, but since for the last 4 months it's always been just 5 New Releases that would get the 50% off. Don't know if it was different in the past and all new releases got the extra discount or not. It still seems to be there though. THe 5 this week are Batman by Jeph Loeb, Batman/Catwomen Weeding Album, Earth X Trilogy Omni, Spider-man vs. Venom Omni and an X-men trade
    Granted I don't buy every week, but this is the first time in about 4 years I've been ordering from them that a book I've ordered release week hasn't been 50% off. Anyone else notice if this has been implemented and I'm just now pulling the blinders off?
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Granted I don't buy every week, but this is the first time in about 4 years I've been ordering from them that a book I've ordered release week hasn't been 50% off. Anyone else notice if this has been implemented and I'm just now pulling the blinders off?
    It's been going on for some time. Epic Collections and OHCs (Star Wars usually) don't always get the 50%:discount whereas Omnibuses and MMWs fortunately do (maybe the one off doesn't). Of course, regular TPBs are usually "exempt" from the 50% reduction.

Spectacular Member

It's been like this for as long as I've been purchasing from IST, if I recall correctly (which has been at least a few years). It's only the new items selected for the "Deals of the Week" section that get the additional discount, not every single new release.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    It's been like this for as long as I've been purchasing from IST, if I recall correctly (which has been at least a few years). It's only the new items selected for the "Deals of the Week" section that get the additional discount, not every single new release.
    I've never noticed that. I guess I've been fortunate in that every new release I've ordered (Well, Marvel/DC new releases) has been given that 50% off discount during the first week of its release.

On a side note, I regret having made that order from Amazon. It was cheaper and much quicker than IST, but my Berlin hardcover came in with dented upper corners. The volume 3 tpb has a slightly dented upper corner, while The Black Monday Murders volume 2 tpb came in unscathed.....They delivered the comics in a cardboard box with absolutely no padding of any sort. Oh, well.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    They delivered the comics in a cardboard box with absolutely no padding of any sort. Oh, well.
    That's how every book I've ordered from them has come.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Never, ever order an OHC from Amazon if you can help it.

Some smaller HCs seem to do ok in their cheap as can be cardboard wrap but any OHC or Omni just will not hold up.

The last HC I got from Amazon was Klaus and it was just about too big. Very minor ding on it so to me that size book is the upper limit on trusting Amazon with HC shipping.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime