Page 868 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3687688188588648658668678688698708718728789189681368 ... LastLast
Results 13,006 to 13,020 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Never, ever order an OHC from Amazon if you can help it.

Some smaller HCs seem to do ok in their cheap as can be cardboard wrap but any OHC or Omni just will not hold up.

The last HC I got from Amazon was Klaus and it was just about too big. Very minor ding on it so to me that size book is the upper limit on trusting Amazon with HC shipping.

Lesson Learned....I'm pretty sure I had ordered hardcovers from them before and never had this happen, but this was years ago, before I discovered the greatness of IST.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    I've never noticed that. I guess I've been fortunate in that every new release I've ordered (Well, Marvel/DC new releases) has been given that 50% off discount during the first week of its release.

On a side note, I regret having made that order from Amazon. It was cheaper and much quicker than IST, but my Berlin hardcover came in with dented upper corners. The volume 3 tpb has a slightly dented upper corner, while The Black Monday Murders volume 2 tpb came in unscathed.....They delivered the comics in a cardboard box with absolutely no padding of any sort. Oh, well.
    I don't know if it's a Prime only thing, but on Amazon you can ask for a Replacement and they usually send it to you in 2 days and you just have to send the damaged one back

Quote Originally Posted by HuggyBear View Post
    I don't know if it's a Prime only thing, but on Amazon you can ask for a Replacement and they usually send it to you in 2 days and you just have to send the damaged one back
    I have Prime, but if this is the way they always package their large hardcovers nowadays, will there be a point in sending it back for a replacement? It'll probably be another dinged up book. Obviously, there's a chance it'll be delivered in good shape, but with the size & weight of this book, I'm not too sure.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    It's been like this for as long as I've been purchasing from IST, if I recall correctly (which has been at least a few years). It's only the new items selected for the "Deals of the Week" section that get the additional discount, not every single new release.

Crazy, 79 orders in just over 3 1/2 years and never noticed this. Guess I am not that observant. Learn something new everyday.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Don't feel bad, I just noticed it like a month or two ago. I don't order nearly as much as you but I check their site every Tuesday. I thought all new releases were 50% off too.

This week is the first I've seen that a "major"-type omni wasn't 50% off though (X-Men). Notclikely id buy it right away cause I'm so far away from reading that material, but a little surprising still.

Either way, I've made two orders from IST the past few weeks. Shipping is slower than it used to be, but I know they'll come in great condition. I actually ordered my first two Epics from Target last week cause I had a gift card, and they came in great shape too. Unfortunately when I was taking them out of the package I dropped them on the kitchen floor. I said some bad words.

Spectacular Member

4 out of 5 $125 omnibus are 50% off this week at IST. They also have 60% off for 5 other older omnis.

I'm more miffed at Marvel's pricing for that Wedding Omni - $125 for 800+ pages.
    The upcoming Mutant Massacre Omni is $100 for 900+ pages.
    $25 for having the word Wedding on it?? Uuughhhhhhhhhh

It's called the "X-Men tax". Unfortunate, yes, but the fact remains that X-fans are the most "enthusiastic" of all Marvel fans; i.e. they'll pay extra to get the books they want. It's nothing new, and while unfair for X-fans, it's not gonna change...
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Never, ever order an OHC from Amazon if you can help it.

Some smaller HCs seem to do ok in their cheap as can be cardboard wrap but any OHC or Omni just will not hold up.

The last HC I got from Amazon was Klaus and it was just about too big. Very minor ding on it so to me that size book is the upper limit on trusting Amazon with HC shipping.
    I have had no issues from amazon using one example to make a blanket statement never a smart move. Sure it can happen, but odds are it will arrive fine.

Stupid question, because it's probably 'yes', but the Uncanny X-Men omnibuses, do they include letters pages like Avengers, Thor, FF, etc.. do?
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Stupid question, because it's probably 'yes', but the Uncanny X-Men omnibuses, do they include letters pages like Avengers, Thor, FF, etc.. do?
    I have the first two, and they have the letters pages.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I have had no issues from amazon using one example to make a blanket statement never a smart move. Sure it can happen, but odds are it will arrive fine.
    It was just the most recent example. I haven't maintained a full complete mental checklist of the numerous books I've had to send back.
    Not a blanket statement.

Glad you have better warehouse packers for your area than I do mine. Congrats to you. The poster I was responding to seems to also have crappy packers in his area. Plenty of other posters have pointed out the shoddy Amazon packing.
    Not a blanket statement.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Amazon have bad packaging period. It really is Russian roulette when it comes to what condition the book comes in. I haven't ordered that much from them recently but the last couple of books remarkably have come without a dent. I only order from them if they have a great deal i.e. 50% discount or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Amazon have bad packaging period. It really is Russian roulette when it comes to what condition the book comes in.
    I would completely agree, but simply tossing a book in box can hardly be called packaging. :P

Incredible Member

Question about Conan comics:

The only exposure I've had is the Busiek and Wood runs, both of which I enjoyed. Now I'm looking at the original Marvel years under Thomas and BWS. However, a lot of the story arcs are titled the same (Frost Giant's Daughter, Tower of the Elephant, Rogues in the House, etc.). Whether or not they're all just adapting Howard stories, my question is: should I even bother with those original stories if I've already read them under the Dark Horse runs?

Related: what are must-read issues or arcs from the Marvel years? I'm assuming anything drawn by BWS?

Thanks much!

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Question about Conan comics:

The only exposure I've had is the Busiek and Wood runs, both of which I enjoyed. Now I'm looking at the original Marvel years under Thomas and BWS. However, a lot of the story arcs are titled the same (Frost Giant's Daughter, Tower of the Elephant, Rogues in the House, etc.). Whether or not they're all just adapting Howard stories, my question is: should I even bother with those original stories if I've already read them under the Dark Horse runs?

Related: what are must-read issues or arcs from the Marvel years? I'm assuming anything drawn by BWS?

Thanks much!
    While I have not read every issue of Marvel’s Conan, I was already a fan before DH got the rights. And DH did the stories justice. The nostalgic child in me loves the early Marvel run, but I have to be honest and say I’d recommend the DH run.