Page 870 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3707708208608668678688698708718728738748809209701370 ... LastLast
Results 13,036 to 13,050 of 20773
    Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    I'll only order from eBay or IST now

In approx. 20 orders ive made from IST - not one single damaged product / plenty of packaging protection.
    In my experience, IST shipped my orders with virtually indestructable packaging, to the point where I had to imagine nefarious ways that my orders could have possibly been damaged during shipping...

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bomaya View Post
    I have ordered hundreds and hundreds of books from Amazon over the years and only a handful of times have I recieved damaged goods.

But as for their prices going up, where do people in the UK get the best prices now? I sometimes use Forbidden Planet but they don't always have everything. Only used speedyhen a few times.
    Speedyhen, wordery, booksetc, booksplease.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by bomaya View Post
    I have ordered hundreds and hundreds of books from Amazon over the years and only a handful of times have I recieved damaged goods.

But as for their prices going up, where do people in the UK get the best prices now? I sometimes use Forbidden Planet but they don't always have everything. Only used speedyhen a few times.
    Have you seen Forbidden Planet's new website - it's terrible!
    I always use them for their packaging, but this website is so user unfriendly - I feel like it's purely set up to push comics at me when I just want to preorder my graphic novels. Utterly horrible; I will check out some of the other recommendations.

EDIT Just found the thread on the Masterworks board confirming the part of FP I use is actually now closed down. This is terrible news
    Last edited by jm21; 09-10-2018 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    Has anyone bought the Behold Galactus oversized hardcover? I was wondering how the reproduction looked blown up that much.
    I didn't see anyone answer you, but I did buy this. It is the same size as the Monsters Unleashed book I got last year, which is to say huge dimensions like IDW Artist's Editions. I love it even though it is difficult to comfortably read (have to use a desk and prop). But yes they somehow managed to scale up the art and not ruin anything, it is so freaking clear and bright. Great buy if you're into Kirby art.

I hope they do more of these. I'd also love if they made a video about how they did it and posted it to their youtube or something. At ~$50 US it almost seems affordable compared to the aforementioned AEs. Let me know if you want to know anything else!

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Am I right in understanding that you went back to amazon after you received "one" damaged item from IST, even though you had a received a "few" damaged items from Amazon? Were IST customer services not up to scratch after contacting them regarding the damaged item? IST have always been fantastic with me whenever I've received a damaged product from them.

I agree that Amazon have totally lost the competitive edge regarding pricing, although the occasional good price does occur.

lol, another update on Amazon.....I ordered a used copy of Incorruptible vol 5 from one of their vendors. It was listed in "Very Good" condition.......It was sent in a plastic bag with light adhesive on the inside (I guess to prevent the book from flying around within the plastic bag?). I opened up the plastic bag and the book is completely mangled up. It was only $5 for a $17 book (Although it was used), so I don't care all that much, but it looks pretty bad.

I also ordered volume 4, which came in around a week ago in somewhat OK shape.....I don't know if you'd count these two orders with my Amazon order as my experienced of Amazon shipping, but if you do, that's 1 out of 3, which means they're batting .333 .....That's not bad in baseball standards, but in terms of books not being damaged in shipping due to poor packaging, it's not ideal.

I also ordered a Warren Ellis trade from Amazon which isn't available on IST (Dark Blue), hopefully that one won't be mangled up.

I remember, over a decade ago, I used to order trades on Amazon and didn't really have this problem. I'm assuming it's a recent phenomenon from the past 5-10 years.

For used trades I can't get elsewhere and don't mind them coming in damaged, I'll order from them, but books I want in pristine shape (Especially large hardcovers, omnis, etc...), I'm veering away from Amazon and sticking with IST.....Don't get me wrong, I love Amazon. I can buy a wide variety of goods from them with quick deliveries. I just know not to order new trades/HCs from them anymore.

Incredible Member

I got my Byrne FF Omnibus vol 1. Didn’t fully open it as I am returning it. It did have torn shrink wrap so I could see it had the same glue problem (at least on one end) as the Miles Morales omnibus. It appears there is no glue holding the backing ribbon/paper. There is no signs of glue residue on the booklets at all.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

I got my Byrne FF Omnibus vol 1. Didn’t fully open it as I am returning it. It did have torn shrink wrap so I could see it had the same glue problem (at least on one end) as the Miles Morales omnibus. It appears there is no glue holding the backing ribbon/paper. There is no signs of glue residue on the booklets at all.
    Well, hopefully your replacement will be good, and I'm guessing this was a fluke. The binding on mine seems quite good, and haven't heard of any complaints from others. Yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Well, hopefully your replacement will be good, and I'm guessing this was a fluke. The binding on mine seems quite good, and haven't heard of any complaints from others. Yet.
    Yeah, I'm hoping this isn't an ongoing concern with new Marvel Omnibuses. I've got the Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-man Omnibus and the binding isn't looking too good, just like all the bad pictures online. I've got the Slott Silver Surfer Omnibus pre-ordered and if it comes looking bad I'll have to reconsider all future Marvel Omnibuses.

Incredible Member

Hopefully! I am returning it for other reasons as well. Other minor damage which adds up. It wasn’t packaged very well. I could check out the binding only because the book had moved around a lot tearing the plastic in multiple spots. I already ordered a new copy from IST instead. Ordering large omnibus editions is iffy from the Amazons/Indigos etc. They are so heavy that they can get damaged easily.

Hopefully! I am returning it for other reasons as well. Other minor damage which adds up. It wasn’t packaged very well. I could check out the binding only because the book had moved around a lot tearing the plastic in multiple spots. I already ordered a new copy from IST instead. Ordering large omnibus editions is iffy from the Amazons/Indigos etc. They are so heavy that they can get damaged easily.
    Oh...this wasn't ordered from IST? They're kinda slow, but every shipment from them is packaged incredibly well. I even watched the mailman drop one of my GL Omnis while taking it off the truck, and it was fine.

Incredible Member

Oh...this wasn't ordered from IST? They're kinda slow, but every shipment from them is packaged incredibly well. I even watched the mailman drop one of my GL Omnis while taking it off the truck, and it was fine.
    Ordered during a recent sale. I ordered with the regular mail from IST this time so it will be a while. I have enough of a backlog anyways. I am getting the Infinity Gauntlet box this week as well. Looking forward to seeing how it is damaged! Lol but I got it for a great price.
    Last edited by RamblingMan; 09-10-2018 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Am I right in understanding that you went back to amazon after you received "one" damaged item from IST, even though you had a received a "few" damaged items from Amazon? Were IST customer services not up to scratch after contacting them regarding the damaged item? IST have always been fantastic with me whenever I've received a damaged product from them.

I agree that Amazon have totally lost the competitive edge regarding pricing, although the occasional good price does occur.
    It was more that it wasn't a dinged corner but a cut they had to have done and seen. It was a $8 essential and not worth returning but Amazon was a lot more competitive at the time. The 3 problems from Amazon I remember over almost 2 decades I never got a season of a TV show they sent a new one, I had a damaged Vampire the Masquerade HC they replaced and it was super easy, and a FF Epic I didn't even replace but they gave me a $10 credit.

The free 2day shipping was really nice and at the time they were more competitive.
    It does not matter much anymore though, I have most things I'll ever buy and currently only plan to get the Legion of Superheroes Omnibus line (hoping it goes all the way through 5 years later), everything else is digital here on out (may get the Worlds Finest omni vol 2)

The huge FF: Behold Galactus edition was waiting for me when I got home from work. Even knowing in advance the dimensions of it, I had no idea how massive it really is. The enlargement of the art is very sharp, and the construction is quite good. Thick paper, too.

Kind of a novelty purchase...but I figured for $24, what the hell. Probably keep it in my office at work for display.

The huge FF: Behold Galactus edition was waiting for me when I got home from work. Even knowing in advance the dimensions of it, I had no idea how massive it really is. .
    I'm actually dreading mine arriving as my house is going on sale so is currently all decluttered. I might have to hide it in the wardrobe!

Looks like ASM Vol 3 is OOP

Thank god I bought it a few months back
    We need better comics