Page 875 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 3757758258658718728738748758768778788798859259751375 ... LastLast
Results 13,111 to 13,125 of 20754
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Yes, Spidey is like X-Men, where you go so far and then it's gets pretty bonkers with non-stop crossovers and arcs spanning several titles, etc... But that's still a few years off.

Slightly off-topic, I wonder the following for Captain America:

They could release Omnibus 3 now, and that would take it up to the Kirby omnibus material. Perfect / clean break.
    But, once they get the next MMW or two done, will they release the newly minted MMWs as "omnibus 4", thereby replacing the old "kirby Cap" omnibus? My gut says yes, for several reasons, including volume regularity, but mostly due to newly (or soon to be) restored files. So for those who already have the Kirby Cap omni, it will be up to them to "upgrade" and flip the old omni, keep both, etc... But who knows, Marvel might not reissue a new version at all. First we need vol 3, I suppose...
    I would love to see some side by sides of the Kirby Masterwork against the Omni to compare how much of an "upgrade" it is to my eyes.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    Lets be greedy........
    I want Amazing Spider-Man omnibus vol.4
    and Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man Omnibus vol.1
    and than a few more before things get hairy with crossovers and
    Web Of Spider-Man dropped in later.
    Greed is good.

Spectacular Member

Saw a copy of the ASM: Red Goblin OHC at my LCS over the weekend. This one wraps up Slott's run on the title. I was disappointed to see it has a glued binding like the event OHCs, rather than sewn like the normal ASM hardcovers...

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    Lets be greedy........
    I want Amazing Spider-Man omnibus vol.4
    and Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man Omnibus vol.1
    and than a few more before things get hairy with crossovers and
    Web Of Spider-Man dropped in later.
    If being greedy is wrong I don’t wanna be right #thwipp

Amazing Member Orf with his head's Avatar

Hi

One for UK collectors? Is there any distribution problems with the Wedding of Cyclops and Phoenix hardcover?

I can’t seem to see it for a decent price anywhere and a few of the usual dealers don’t have any in stock?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orf with his head View Post
    Hi

One for UK collectors? Is there any distribution problems with the Wedding of Cyclops and Phoenix hardcover?

I can’t seem to see it for a decent price anywhere and a few of the usual dealers don’t have any in stock?
    I doubt it's a distribution problem. As a large X-OHC, it's probably just sold out quickly - mine came through prompt off my pre-order.
    It's not a title I would expect to sit in stock and end up in the bargain bin.
    Happy to be corrected if anyone thinks it shouldn't have sold out that quickly.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    I would love to see some side by sides of the Kirby Masterwork against the Omni to compare how much of an "upgrade" it is to my eyes.
    Yes, this would be great. I have the Kirby Cap Omnibus although I haven't cracked it open yet which I need to do at some point to check the quality. At some point in the future I plan on doing a Cap readathon (probably when I retire) starting with the GA Cap Omnibus. I do hope we see a SA Cap Vol. 3 Omnibus that goes up to the Kirby Omnibus as well as a GA Cap Vol. 2 Omnibus. I doubt we'll get the latter unless we get a Cap movie reboot.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    Saw a copy of the ASM: Red Goblin OHC at my LCS over the weekend. This one wraps up Slott's run on the title. I was disappointed to see it has a glued binding like the event OHCs, rather than sewn like the normal ASM hardcovers...
    Did they ever announce the OHC that would bridge this and the Worldwide HC's?

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, this would be great. I have the Kirby Cap Omnibus although I haven't cracked it open yet which I need to do at some point to check the quality. At some point in the future I plan on doing a Cap readathon (probably when I retire) starting with the GA Cap Omnibus. I do hope we see a SA Cap Vol. 3 Omnibus that goes up to the Kirby Omnibus as well as a GA Cap Vol. 2 Omnibus. I doubt we'll get the latter unless we get a Cap movie reboot.
    I plan on doing a Cap readthrough as well, once I'm done with a few more books. I think GA Cap Omni vol 2 would be real easy, as they've already done all the restoration via MMWs 4-6. So it'd just be a resize thing. BUT, I doubt that will happen, being that GA Cap vol 1 lingered in bargain bins forever. I think the love for GA material is such a small subset of an already small subset, it's just not worth their time, even with a movie reboot like you said. I think there's many more Cap eras/stories they could do before doing this. Heck, even a series of Brubaker reprints would bring in WAY more sales than a GA vol 2 (just speculation, though).

I think a SA omni vol 3 is a 'for sure' once the next wave of movies hit in a year or two. Again, all the restoration work is done via MMWs 7-9, so it wouldn't be a huge undertaking. Then we'll have to see about vol 4 vs. Kirby omni and what they decide to do.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

FYI,

DCBS/IST is going to start charging sales tax on Oct 1st for the following States:

Colorado
    Hawaii
    Illinois
    Kentucky
    Maine
    Maryland
    Michigan
    Minnesota
    New Jersey
    North Dakota
    Oklahoma
    Pennsylvania
    Rhode Island
    Vermont
    Washington
    Wisconsin

They already charge Tennessee. If you are from one of these States it is time to get that backorder in ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    FYI,

DCBS/IST is going to start charging sales tax on Oct 1st for the following States:

Colorado
    Hawaii
    Illinois
    Kentucky
    Maine
    Maryland
    Michigan
    Minnesota
    New Jersey
    North Dakota
    Oklahoma
    Pennsylvania
    Rhode Island
    Vermont
    Washington
    Wisconsin

They already charge Tennessee. If you are from one of these States it is time to get that backorder in ASAP!
    No Texas si I'm safe.....for now.

Does anyone know why Miller & Romita Jr's "Man Without Fear" has a quite visible print pattern?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by cmcok68 View Post
    Does anyone know why Miller & Romita Jr's "Man Without Fear" has a quite visible print pattern?
    That's a moire pattern, and comes down to the way the original issues were colored digitally. It's noticeable mainly in stuff from the late 80's and through the 90's, which is the same era as the Man Without Fear series. There are some Marvel graphic novels from that era that have made it into Epic Collections that are quite ugly because of it. Essentially, it's baked into the files and will be visible in any reprints. To get rid of it would require someone taking the effort to go back to the original inked drawings and re-coloring it from scratch.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Another week, another disappointing Epic Collection*.... I really hope we see a return to the previous quality soon.

*Avengers West Coast Vol. 1, if anyone's curious.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    That's a moire pattern, and comes down to the way the original issues were colored digitally. It's noticeable mainly in stuff from the late 80's and through the 90's, which is the same era as the Man Without Fear series. There are some Marvel graphic novels from that era that have made it into Epic Collections that are quite ugly because of it. Essentially, it's baked into the files and will be visible in any reprints. To get rid of it would require someone taking the effort to go back to the original inked drawings and re-coloring it from scratch.
    Interesting, thanks! I figured it was something to do with the colouring. So is it just the low resolution of digital colouring in that era? Would it visible in the original issues or just in enlarged reprints?