Page 876 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3767768268668728738748758768778788798808869269761376 ... LastLast
Results 13,126 to 13,140 of 20773
    Secret Wars II Apologist DantonR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Another week, another disappointing Epic Collection*.... I really hope we see a return to the previous quality soon.

*Avengers West Coast Vol. 1, if anyone's curious.
    Can you, or anyone, speak to what's happened to the quality of the Epic line?

I haven't picked one up since The Goblin's Last Stand so...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Another week, another disappointing Epic Collection*.... I really hope we see a return to the previous quality soon.

*Avengers West Coast Vol. 1, if anyone's curious.
    Is it the same bad paper quality of the latest Daredevil and Spider-Man volumes? From what I understand the latest books were printed by a different company than Marvel has previously used. They haven't publicly commented on it AFAIK but I'd imagine that at least some of the books coming out over the next few months will have the bad paper as they were already sent out to be printed. Hopefully Marvel is aware and will stop using said printing company for future orders.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dougtron View Post
    Is it the same bad paper quality of the latest Daredevil and Spider-Man volumes? From what I understand the latest books were printed by a different company than Marvel has previously used. They haven't publicly commented on it AFAIK but I'd imagine that at least some of the books coming out over the next few months will have the bad paper as they were already sent out to be printed. Hopefully Marvel is aware and will stop using said printing company for future orders.
    Yeah, same crappy paper. I expect quite a few more trades (across the line, not just Epic Collections) to ship on tissue paper with curling covers, given the lead time printers need.

But hopefully word has already reached the-powers-that-be and something is being done to remedy this.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Thanks for all the feedback on the Jurgen's Thor Omnibus. I know it's worth getting, but I really wish Romita J.R. was on the art all the way.

Marvel Masterworks are such a bane/pleasure for me. They were the first premium addition comic books I bought, but they have been put in such a strange corner with the rise of the Omnibus and Absolute. I have the Fantastic Four by Kirby Lee in this weird tpb/hardback Masterwork collection. I know I should get the Omnibus, but once upon a time, it was hard to find the masterworks at the small town comic shop. I would love to win the lottery and get all the Spiderman and Kirby Lee FF Omnibus. I didn't pass on the Thor, but that's only because I had never bought a Thor masterwork. Except for volume 7 which seems to be everywhere. One day, I will read all the Kirby Lee Thor, followed by the Kirby New Gods, followed by the Kirby Eternals, followed by Simonson Thor, followed by Simonson Orion, and then the Gaiman Eternals for good measure.
    Last edited by Johnny Thunders!; 09-28-2018 at 06:55 PM.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Anybody gonna pick up that Marvel Studios 10 year omnibus this week? Somebody convince me to xD

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    Anybody gonna pick up that Marvel Studios 10 year omnibus this week? Somebody convince me to xD
    Get it. If you put it on a shelf with the blu-ray releases or the box-sets it will be a full, cohesive multimedia narrative that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    Get it. If you put it on a shelf with the blu-ray releases or the box-sets it will be a full, cohesive multimedia narrative that makes sense.
    Sold! (more characters to make the post)

So does the new Darkhold tpb collecting the entire 90s series suffer the same fate as the recent epics and tpbs?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    Sold! (more characters to make the post)
    I'm sure you will be only one of a handful who purchase this Omnibus. I reckon it will be a very nice book but I can't imagine it even charting and if so not moving more than 300 units or in that vicinity. I suspect it to hit the bargain bin and be there for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    So does the new Darkhold tpb collecting the entire 90s series suffer the same fate as the recent epics and tpbs?
    Darkhold Complete Collection was manufactured by...

QUAD GRAPHICS

So probably.

Spectacular Member

Is the Carnage omnibus a good buy if I've never read the character?

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I'm sure you will be only one of a handful who purchase this Omnibus. I reckon it will be a very nice book but I can't imagine it even charting and if so not moving more than 300 units or in that vicinity. I suspect it to hit the bargain bin and be there for quite a while.
    Yeah on second thought, after seeing it's contents, I've decided against buying it. I mean I love the MCU but usually comics made for movies are pretty sub par. And that's all this is.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    Is the Carnage omnibus a good buy if I've never read the character?
    It is a potpourri of issues from the 00s. The highlight is the latest 16 issue ongoing I feel. Overall I think it's a worthy buy and intro for the character as reshaped for the 21st century.
    Last edited by Captain Craig; 10-04-2018 at 06:32 PM.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Amazing Member

Tempted by the Clone Saga omnibuses.

Is it understandable without having read any of the prior Spider-Man issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Author View Post
    Tempted by the Clone Saga omnibuses.

Is it understandable without having read any of the prior Spider-Man issues?

My friend, it’s not understandable if you DID read them.