Page 878 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 3787788288688748758768778788798808818828889289781378 ... LastLast
Results 13,156 to 13,170 of 20754
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    What does orphaned mean?
    I liked the Bendis Galaxy run when I read it in floppies, so I got the omnibus to read over time.
    I was never a fan of the previous stories, actually never really cared for the Guardians
    But I liked the way Bendis voiced them and after he left found the next writers left me
    felling the same way I felt before the Bendis run.
    Orphaned means that a follow up volume of a multi volume set will never be released. Bendis has only had a Volume 2 for his Daredevil run. Both Ultimate Spiderman and New Avengers never saw a volume 2 and at this point probably never will. Powers is still recent enough it could happen, and the same with Guardians, but because of the other examples it is possible they won't. As always who knows with Marvel.

Edit: Just looked and saw Powers was a 2015 release so the possibility of Vol. 2 is pretty iffy at this point IMO.
    Last edited by Brewman; 10-07-2018 at 05:07 PM.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Except there are OHC of the rest of his run, books 4 and 5, so it's not orphaned at all.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Except there are OHC of the rest of his run, books 4 and 5, so it's not orphaned at all.
    Yup those white Marvel Now era white OHC spines will blend seamlessly with the cohesive GotG omnibus spines Captain Craig was touting.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Orphaned means that a follow up volume of a multi volume set will never be released. Bendis has only had a Volume 2 for his Daredevil run. Both Ultimate Spiderman and New Avengers never saw a volume 2 and at this point probably never will. Powers is still recent enough it could happen, and the same with Guardians, but because of the other examples it is possible they won't. As always who knows with Marvel.

Edit: Just looked and saw Powers was a 2015 release so the possibility of Vol. 2 is pretty iffy at this point IMO.
    Is Powers creator owned? Cause if it is DC might do a vol2 or a rerelease of vol 1 and then vol 2. Guess depends on how popular Bendis will be there?

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Has anybody read or have any opinions on the Duggan GotG omni? Was that a weekly released book or something? Is the art all over the place with a bunch of different artists? Side note, I do expect the Bendis omni is orphaned.
    I thought the series was decent, but the constantly changing artists really killed my enjoyment. There was one issue with garbage artwork that turned me off the omni. It leads into Infinity Countdown which leads into Infinity Wars so you may have to buy 3 OHCs to get the full story.

Quote Originally Posted by iPodwithnomusic View Post
    I thought the series was decent, but the constantly changing artists really killed my enjoyment. There was one issue with garbage artwork that turned me off the omni. It leads into Infinity Countdown which leads into Infinity Wars so you may have to buy 3 OHCs to get the full story.
    Thank you. I'm not a fan of artists frequently changing, but I can usually deal with it if it's a really good story and the artists are of somewhat similar styles. The second part actually bothers me more, especially considering how small of an omnibus it is. Did Duggan write the Countdown and Infinity Wars books? If so, Marvel should have just waited and put the entirety in an omni.

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Thank you. I'm not a fan of artists frequently changing, but I can usually deal with it if it's a really good story and the artists are of somewhat similar styles. The second part actually bothers me more, especially considering how small of an omnibus it is. Did Duggan write the Countdown and Infinity Wars books? If so, Marvel should have just waited and put the entirety in an omni.
    Yes Duggan did write Infinity Countdown and Infinity Wars, and they continue a plot with the infinity stones that began in his Guardians of the Galaxy series. I agree that it would have been nice to have it all in one omni, but Marvel does love to put out those expensive event OHCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Yup those white Marvel Now era white OHC spines will blend seamlessly with the cohesive GotG omnibus spines Captain Craig was touting.
    They're the same size. The dustjackets bother you that much? Hahaha an X-Men collection must drive you insane then.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I've just gotten my Hellstorm by Ellis Omni and there is a nice bit of extras tucked away at the end.
    Apparently a 90's Satana revival for the Max imprint was planned. Issue one got inked and lettered and issue two got inked. Before lettering on two and pencils on three could begin Marvel axed the concept. This was plotted by John Ostrander. Wish we could've at least gotten the 3 issue initial arc of Blood Wedding. Looks interesting.

This is a nice extra I'm glad to see since I've never heard anything about this failed, unpublished Satana project.
    Satana unpublished 1.jpg
    Satana unpublished 2.jpg
    Satana unpublished 3.jpg
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Am I remember correctly that there was an OHC of Skaar Son of Hulk? Was it one OHC collecting 1-12 or two OHC's collecting 1-6 and 7-12?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Am I remember correctly that there was an OHC of Skaar Son of Hulk? Was it one OHC collecting 1-12 or two OHC's collecting 1-6 and 7-12?
    I don't believe Son of Hulk was ever OHC'd - that's why I just got the Complete Collection tpb.
    It's irritating because it is a noticeable gap in my Hulk OHC run - I would welcome a "Sons of Hulk by Pak and Jenkins" OHC to fill the void though

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    There are three actually, collecting the entire series.

Incredible Member

When in doubt about such things post #2 of this thread has a link to a page on the Masterworks fan site that has a comprehensive list of all non-omnibus OHCs and their contents.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    There are three actually, collecting the entire series.
    Huh...weird that they released them oversized individually rather than putting the first two together (or all three) like was the custom during that time.

Is there some extra content in the Complete Collection tpb that's worth picking up that one instead?

Amazing Member

Skaar Son of Hulk should be read after Planet Hulk?

I have the planet hulk and world war hulk omnis (my only Hulk books) but haven't started yet.