Page 880 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 3807808308708768778788798808818828838848909309801380 ... LastLast
Results 13,186 to 13,200 of 20754

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/se...RDCOVER%20BOOK

Check out the first few listings

Amazing Spider-Man by JMS Omnibus vol 1 baby. Yeahhhhh.

Does anyone have an idea on what the content will be in that omnibus? I've been curious to try out JMS's run on Spidey, and it seems like the general consensus is the earlier part of his run was the best. I'd love to buy this omnibus when it's released......When Straczynski is in top form, he's one of my favorite writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    Does anyone have an idea on what the content will be in that omnibus? I've been curious to try out JMS's run on Spidey, and it seems like the general consensus is the earlier part of his run was the best. I'd love to buy this omnibus when it's released......When Straczynski is in top form, he's one of my favorite writers.
    First half of his run is solid, unfortunately there is a second half.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    First half of his run is solid, unfortunately there is a second half.
    When does it start getting bad? "One More Day", or some time before that?

There was a pretty steep decline starting with "Sins Past". Except for maybe a brief interruption here and there, it went from that, to "The Other", to the "Civil War" crossovers, to "Back in Black", to "One More Day". Most of it is dreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Whitmore View Post
    There was a pretty steep decline starting with "Sins Past". Except for maybe a brief interruption here and there, it went from that, to "The Other", to the "Civil War" crossovers, to "Back in Black", to "One More Day". Most of it is dreck.

Thanks. So it looks like JMS's run is good from issues #30-508. The first omnibus will obviously contain a large portion of that....If I end up liking the first volume enough, I'll see what volume 2 will consist of. If it has good mixed with crap, I'll probably try to get smaller hardcover collections or trades of the remaining good stuff.

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    When does it start getting bad? "One More Day", or some time before that?
    One More Day is the very end of his run. It looks like Sins Past will be the end of the the first omni, which is a story I dislike even more than One More Day. One More Day at least served a purpose, although it's debatable whether it was necessary, Sins Past did nothing but destroy the innocence of the early Spidey stories for no good reason. So both omnis will end with one of the worst Spider-Man stories of all time. The first 15 issues of JMS' run are probably the best, but I also really enjoyed the Civil War issues (which will be the second omni).

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet-Spider View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Instant Buy.
    Is this the first Spidey centric omni of '19?
    I'm not counting Venomnibus vol. 2 where Spidey makes appearances.

If so, I wonder if ASM vol.4 could be the other? Perhaps released June or July which is still around the movie release.
    Depends on how you're counting the Ben Reilly/Clone Saga omni? The first one comes out on Jan 1. The last one will probably slip into 2020 . . .
    The Ben Reilly Omnibus is the first Spider-Man centric Omnibus of 19, well it's Ben Reilly centric but at that point he IS Spider-Man so yeah it's Spider-Man centric.
    I had forgotten about the Ben as Spidey Omni so valid point that, yeah it is Spidey.
    My mind was thinking Peter the whole time and clarifying that escaped me as important at the time. Hahaha.

So when and what material do we think another Peter/Spidey Omni might be for the last half of 2019? I'd like ASM vol. 4 but only see that IF the second Peter Omni is a summer release.
    Since they are doing Spectacular MMW(which, they should solicit vol.2 of that by the way) I don't see a Spec Omni coming. I'd buy a 'Web of' Omni but I suspect I'm in a small group who would.
    An amalgam of Spidey that has Avenging Spider-man and other material of that time(even though I'm not sure what that might be).
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/se...RDCOVER%20BOOK

Check out the first few listings

Amazing Spider-Man by JMS Omnibus vol 1 baby. Yeahhhhh.
    Cool. Now I can plug that SM Civil War gap I've been itching for years.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    Cool. Now I can plug that SM Civil War gap I've been itching for years.
    Yes, I hope it does fill that Civil War OHC gap of ours as well as my Back to Black gap. I'm very curious as to the Omnibus contents.

How thick is the new printing of the spidey, Micheline & MaFarlane Omni ? Anyone got a pic?

Based on that same Hatchette catalog link from above, looks like there's another Aaron Thor OHC coming. I wonder why they seem hesitant (maybe wrong word) to put any of his stuff in omnibus format. This will now make 5 OHCs of his material (I think).
    The "God of Thunder" title, that was like 25 issues, perfect size for an omni. And pseudo self-contained. Makes perfect sense, but maybe they're just going to stick with OHCs, ala Slott's Spider-Man. Who knows...
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Based on that same Hatchette catalog link from above, looks like there's another Aaron Thor OHC coming. I wonder why they seem hesitant (maybe wrong word) to put any of his stuff in omnibus format. This will now make 5 OHCs of his material (I think).
    The "God of Thunder" title, that was like 25 issues, perfect size for an omni. And pseudo self-contained. Makes perfect sense, but maybe they're just going to stick with OHCs, ala Slott's Spider-Man. Who knows...
    Also is $45 msrp and 500+ pages. I wonder if this will take the series up to 700 or so, and/or include unworthy thor as well

I absolutely expect there will be an Aaron Thor omni(s). Just a wild guess, but I'll say solicited about a year and a half from now.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Instant Buy.
    Is this the first Spidey centric omni of '19?
    I'm not counting Venomnibus vol. 2 where Spidey makes appearances.

If so, I wonder if ASM vol.4 could be the other? Perhaps released June or July which is still around the movie release.

Tears of joy if they come out with JMS Spider-Man and Ultimate Spider-man vol 2 in the same year.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Default Marvel Collected Editions Sales - September 2018

The complete estimated comic book sales figures for September 2018 are in (please note this list only details those comics sold to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond). I’ve listed below the Marvel OHC/Omnibus/MMW’s as well as the larger TPB collections such as the Epic and Complete lines that made the list, detailing the position, title and estimated sales. I haven’t included any reentries.

20. Infinity Countdown TPB - 2,527
    28. Amazing Spider-Man: Red Goblin OHC - 2,190
    69. Venom by Daniel Way: The Complete Collection - 1,264
    71. Venom by Cullen Bunn: The Complete Collection - 1,260
    87. Moon Knight by Jeff Lemire and Greg Smallwood OHC - 1,122
    92. Star Wars Legends Epic Collection: The Menace Revealed Vol. 1 - 1,078
    96. Spider-Man Vs. Venom Omnibus - 1,047
    97. Marvel Masterworks: The Fantastic Four Vol. 20 HC - 1,046
    102. Marvel Masterworks: Killraven Vol. 1 HC - 1,000
    103. Thor Epic Collection Vol. 5: The Fall of Asgard - 995
    118. Iron Fist Epic Collection Vol. 1: The Fury of Iron Fist (2nd Printing) - 860
    119. Star Wars: Doctor Aphra Vol. 1 OHC - 853
    121. Earth X Trilogy: Alpha Omnibus - 847
    132. Avengers West Coast Epic Collection Vol. 1: How The West Was Won - 763
    152. X-Men: The Wedding of Cyclops & Phoenix OHC - 673
    169. Guardians of the Galaxy by Gerry Duggan Omnibus - 635
    220. Planet of Apes Archive Vol. 4 OHC (Boom) - 514
    222. Exiles: The Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 513
    309. Darkhold: Pages From The Book of Sins - The Complete Collection - 380

DC's Omnibus September sales:
    Batman by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale Omnibus - 1,128
    Final Crisis: 10th Anniversary Omnibus - 620
    Batman: The Brave & The Bold Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 2 - 609