Page 885 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 385785835875881882883884885886887888889895935985 ... LastLast
Results 13,261 to 13,275 of 20773
    Incredible Member
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Mighty Member

Here's hoping the Cable & X-Force omni fills in all the space between Deadpool & X-Force and Age of Apocalypse - that'd be Cable 9-20, X-Force 32-43 +Annual 3, New Warriors 45,46, Excalibur 82, X-Factor 106, and Wolverine 85. It's probably hoping too much that they'd just toss the other four parts of The Phalanx Covenant in there, but fingers crossed, I guess.
    Last edited by bob.schoonover; 10-27-2018 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Mis-chronology

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Here's hoping the Cable & X-Force omni fills in all the space between Deadpool & X-Force and Age of Apocalypse - that'd be Cable 9-20, X-Force 32-43 +Annual 3, New Warriors 45,46, Excalibur 82, X-Factor 106, and Wolverine 85. It's probably hoping too much that they'd just toss the other four parts of The Phalanx Covenant in there, but fingers crossed, I guess.
    This new "Cable & X-Force Omnibus" seems to fit between Deadpool & X-Force Omnibus and AoA. It has 864 pages so I'd say your list fits.

X-Men: Eve of Destruction seems to fill a gap too, between X-Men: Revolution by Chris Claremont and Grant Morrison and Joe Casey taking over Uncanny X-Men and (New) X-Men.

ugh...we already have very recent trades of all of that Cable and X-Force stuff, whereas there is still a ton of X-Force uncollected in any format.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    ugh...we already have very recent trades of all of that Cable and X-Force stuff, whereas there is still a ton of X-Force uncollected in any format.
    For me I could care less about trades. To narrow my focus I stick to Omni/OHC/MMW so this is great because each release like this shows that Marvel is moving towards nearly total comprehensive conforming collection of X family books. For those who mix match formats I concede it could be frustrating but cross format overlap is nothing new. I think Marvel is learning that specific formats have specific audiences and shouldn't necessarily hold back content in one realm to make way for another. The only exception to this is probably the Masterwork program because it is based on organizing and inventorying their archives and that format funds the process so they want to push maximum volume of buyers to it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    For me I could care less about trades. To narrow my focus I stick to Omni/OHC/MMW so this is great because each release like this shows that Marvel is moving towards nearly total comprehensive conforming collection of X family books. For those who mix match formats I concede it could be frustrating but cross format overlap is nothing new. I think Marvel is learning that specific formats have specific audiences and shouldn't necessarily hold back content in one realm to make way for another. The only exception to this is probably the Masterwork program because it is based on organizing and inventorying their archives and that format funds the process so they want to push maximum volume of buyers to it.
    Agreed - it's all about OHC format for me, this is great news. It seems to be the trend to pump out the thick TPBs then release a combined OHC a few years later. I wouldn't be surprised to see all the X-Men gaps filled between AoA and Revolution Omnibus eventually, as well as Cable and X-Force OHCs continuing up to OZT. Cable would likely get further volumes as a Ladronn Omnibus seems a popular request and the TPBs are out.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I also don't prefer to mix formats. With rare exception I have some TPBs.
    I didn't buy the Moon Knight Epics recently, for example, cause I'm holding out for that in an Omni.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I also don't prefer to mix formats. With rare exception I have some TPBs.
    I didn't buy the Moon Knight Epics recently, for example, cause I'm holding out for that in an Omni.
    I wonder if the Masterworks program has dibs on it and that is why it hasn't happened yet. At least give us the Huston Omni to tide us over!
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    I wonder if the Masterworks program has dibs on it and that is why it hasn't happened yet. At least give us the Huston Omni to tide us over!
    Agreed. I feel that the last two OHC of the Bendis and Lemire runs, which sold well, will lead us there in the short term.
    I'm also hoping for the 18 issue run that had three rotating creative teams starting with Ellis. That may have been the Marvel Now volume, can't recall.
    That run + the Huston run of 30+ issues are two they can for sure do in the coming years regardless of why the OG Moon Knight fare hasn't been done yet.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

X-Men: Blood of Apocalypse used to go for $60 and up on eBay. It had a low print run and was never reprinted. Now all of a sudden in the past few weeks there have been a couple of auctions with it selling for $3 or $4. Any ideas why? I don't see that it's being reprinted or anything to cause the downturn in price...

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Heroes Reborn Omnibus at $125 on Hachette:

https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/ti...9781302918040/

Mighty Member

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/13029181...0855040&sr=1-4

Spider-man Epic Collection 19 popped up on Amazon. Kind of interesting they're calling it Assassin Nation instead of Inferno (not, like, super interesting). Should be ASM 311-325, probably Annual 23 (Atlantis Attacks), and no idea about the Web or SSM parts of Inferno.

ETA: https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/ti...9781302917807/

And there's another one. Not sure yet what The Goblin Lives would reference (annual 9, which shares the name, is contemporaneous to material already in v7) - could be something between v3 and v7 w/Norman, could be v8 and include 135-136 (Harry's first stint), 176-180 (Bart Hamilton) or a Hobgoblin story, e.g. v16 (Gang War) or v14 (the end of Stern's run)
    Last edited by bob.schoonover; 10-29-2018 at 05:10 PM.

I like and buy all formats from trade to deluxe to omnibus.
    A lot I like a lot and get in Omnibus when available
    and other times I will get the deluxe like with Jane Foster's Thor and
    than many times a trade because I there are tons of stories I just want to have and read,
    and other times because it may never see an omnibus like later Defenders stories that have been
    re-printed in the Epic line. If I was to hold out for hard covers and omnibus releases, I would
    not be reading a lot of the books I am now like Peter David's Supergirl or Peter Milligan's Elektra.

Just looked through some of the Hachette listings and noticed Marvel isn't wasting time with the Conan license. I might have missed it before, but there is a Busiek/Nord Epic Collection Volume 2 collecting issues 20-39. Was there already a volume 1 announced, or are they just oddly starting with volume 2?

Edit: Nevermind, saw volume 1 on there as well.
    Last edited by OldManBrian; 10-29-2018 at 05:49 PM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Heroes Reborn Omnibus at $125 on Hachette:

https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/ti...9781302918040/
    Anyone have any thoughts on the content? The 12-issue runs of Avengers, Captain America, Fantastic Four and Iron Man? More, less.? It'll most probably be over 1000 pages as the price tag is $125.