Page 889 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 389789839879885886887888889890891892893899939989 ... LastLast
Results 13,321 to 13,335 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by Jack B. Quick View Post
    I don't know. I'd rather get the first, old Daredevil OHC but it's getting hard to find lately, so if the omnibus is at a nice price at my LCS I'll pick it up.

Some stuff showed up in the hachette page that I wasn't aware of:

X-Men Milestones: Fall Of The Mutants TPB
    X-Men Milestones: Dark Phoenix Saga TPB

New X-Men Companion TPB
    Cable & X-Force Omnibus
    Tomb Of Dracula: Day Of Blood, Night Of Redemption
    X-Men: Eve Of Destruction HC
    New Mutants Epic Collection: The Demon Bear Saga
    Fantastic Four Epic Collection: The More Things Change...
    Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane: The Complete Collection Vol. 1
    Peter Porker: The Spectacular Spider-Ham - The Complete Collection Vol. 1
    New X-Men: The Quest For Magik - The Complete Collection
    Marvel Knights Punisher By Garth Ennis: The Complete Collection Vol. 3
    Speedball Classic: The Complete Collection
    Spider-Man: Light in the Darkness TPB (this one collects the Jenkins/Buckingham PPSM run, and I might upgrade my old paperbacks to this one since the content is pretty consecutive, while the older collections were all over the place)
    Spider-Man: The Gauntlet - The Complete Collection Vol. 1 (chronologically, this one follows the upcoming "New Ways to Live" fat TPB, and both are the continuation in all but name of the "Brand New Day" Complete Collections)
    Last edited by JJ87; 11-10-2018 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    What an absolute bargain.
    It really was and it looks unread. It appears someone unloaded a chunk of their collection there recently.
    The funny thing is monday I went and couldnt get anyone to unlock the glass case for me to get it so I left. Then Weds I called the store to have them open the case and get the price on it. They put me on hold repeatedly. Their line redials. Nobody ever did it so I hung up.
    Went back Friday and was about to buy it for what they had it until I saw these orange flyers everywhere. Read it and it was for 40% off and 50% tomorrow.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    That's good news. Good to get all of the Carrion Saga.
    Dunno about this one.The Carrion Saga is great.But i do have already some of the stories of this volume in the Spider-Man by Frank Miller TPB that i already have.
    But even so this is quite interesting,i have read the first Spectacular Spider-Man stories many years ago and to be able to re-read them again in the Masterworks format would be great.
    Will be considerating this one after i buy some other Omnibuses and Epic Collection that i will be getting first.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    I don't know. I'd rather get the first, old Daredevil OHC but it's getting hard to find lately, so if the omnibus is at a nice price at my LCS I'll pick it up.

Some stuff showed up in the hachette page that I wasn't aware of:

X-Men Milestones: Fall Of The Mutants TPB
    X-Men Milestones: Dark Phoenix Saga TPB

New X-Men Companion TPB
    Cable & X-Force Omnibus
    Tomb Of Dracula: Day Of Blood, Night Of Redemption
    X-Men: Eve Of Destruction HC
    New Mutants Epic Collection: The Demon Bear Saga
    Fantastic Four Epic Collection: The More Things Change...
    Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane: The Complete Collection Vol. 1
    Peter Porker: The Spectacular Spider-Ham - The Complete Collection Vol. 1
    New X-Men: The Quest For Magik - The Complete Collection
    Marvel Knights Punisher By Garth Ennis: The Complete Collection Vol. 3
    Speedball Classic: The Complete Collection
    Spider-Man: Light in the Darkness TPB (this one collects the Jenkins/Buckingham PPSM run, and I might upgrade my old paperbacks to this one since the content is pretty consecutive, while the older collections were all over the place)
    Spider-Man: The Gauntlet - The Complete Collection Vol. 1 (chronologically, this one follows the upcoming "New Ways to Live" fat TPB, and both are the continuation in all but name of the "Brand New Day" Complete Collections)
    Out of the new stuff that showed up in the Hachette page,the only must buy to me is New Mutants Epic Collection: The Demon Bear Saga.That volume includes some great stories by Chris Clameront and Bill Sienckiewicz.
    I already have the Spider-Man:The Gauntlet stories in single issues (But if i did not had those i would get this TPB for sure,this story arc is great)
    And i have already most of the Spider-Man stories by Paul Jenkins as well.

As a fan of Steve Dikto art the Speedball Classic: The Complete Collection TPB is interesting.I have not read those stories yet.And i did liked Speedball in the New Warriors comic book so i will be looking for info about how were the stories before deciding to get this TPB.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post

As a fan of Steve Dikto art the Speedball Classic: The Complete Collection TPB is interesting.I have not read those stories yet.And i did liked Speedball in the New Warriors comic book so i will be looking for info about how were the stories before deciding to get this TPB.

If you liked Speedball in the New Warriors comic, you should enjoy the preceding Speedball series. It's essentially more of the same from that character, but multiplied exponentially since it's his own comic.....It's literally been three decades since I've read it, though, so I'm basing my comments off vague, long-distant memory.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack B. Quick View Post
    This is the first time the Daredevil #0 cybercomic has been included in a collection, or in print at all, isn't it?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Good news for Daredevil completionists. A new Epic Collection is on the way:

Daredevil Epic Collection: Purgatory & Paradise

On Sale: June 18, 2019
    Format: TRADE PAPERBACK
    Price: $39.99 ($52.00 In Canada)
    Pages: 504

Most probably this will be Vol. 20 collecting Daredevil #345-364.

Quote Originally Posted by joltman View Post
    This is the first time the Daredevil #0 cybercomic has been included in a collection, or in print at all, isn't it?
    Yes, I believe so. That really is the only thing I don't have from the MK Omnibus that I want. I'm not interested in the MK Double Shot Punisher short story (which I've read). I'll be on the lookout if I see it at a higher discount than 50%.

Amazing Member

Yes, I believe so. That really is the only thing I don't have from the MK Omnibus that I want. I'm not interested in the MK Double Shot Punisher short story (which I've read). I'll be on the lookout if I see it at a higher discount than 50%.
    Through today (11/12), IST has an extra 3% off with code 'weekendsale2' which would bring it down to $47 (of course, then you would need something else to meet the $50 free shipping threshold).

So should I replace my old Mutant Massacre OHC with the new Omnibus?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Good news for Daredevil completionists. A new Epic Collection is on the way:

Daredevil Epic Collection: Purgatory & Paradise

On Sale: June 18, 2019
    Format: TRADE PAPERBACK
    Price: $39.99 ($52.00 In Canada)
    Pages: 504

Most probably this will be Vol. 20 collecting Daredevil #345-364.
    I can't even get excited for the Epic Collections anymore; since they started printing them on tissue paper, they're a complete rip-off at $40 a pop.

Here's hoping they go back to the old paper soon...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by joltman View Post
    Through today (11/12), IST has an extra 3% off with code 'weekendsale2' which would bring it down to $47 (of course, then you would need something else to meet the $50 free shipping threshold).
    Yeah, I received the code also. No free shipping to Europe, unfortunately. Minimum 60% discount to get me interested.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I can't even get excited for the Epic Collections anymore; since they started printing them on tissue paper, they're a complete rip-off at $40 a pop.

Here's hoping they go back to the old paper soon...
    Yes, I know how you feel. Let's hope they get the quality back on track.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    I did. It has more stuff. I’m addition to the X-Men vs Fantastic Four and X-Men vs Avengers minis as well as other oddities, it collects 5 more issues of Uncannt that the older OHC does not.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    How completist are you for UXM in OHC. As stated above this has the mini-series' and the issues that butt it right up to FotM in UXM and X-Factor. I definitely went for it.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Spectacular Member Cerd the nerd's Avatar

Very sad to see that Stan Lee passed away today, aged 95.

Phil Williams is actually spending a whole hour reminiscing about Stan on Radio Five Live (UK national radio station) this evening, an indication of the cultural importance of the great man.

While there has been controversy in recent years about the relative contributions of Lee, Kirby and Ditko in creating the early Marvel Universe, my view is that without Stan Lee the Marvel Universe would simply not exist.

Rest in peace Stan, you will be very much missed...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cerd the nerd View Post
    Very sad to see that Stan Lee passed away today, aged 95.

Phil Williams is actually spending a whole hour reminiscing about Stan on Radio Five Live (UK national radio station) this evening, an indication of the cultural importance of the great man.

While there has been controversy in recent years about the relative contributions of Lee, Kirby and Ditko in creating the early Marvel Universe, my view is that without Stan Lee the Marvel Universe would simply not exist.

Rest in peace Stan, you will be very much missed...
    My wife was reading this just as I was finishing my last post. Such a shame his last few months were spent under such a cloud of people seemingly jockeying for influence over his estate. RIP Stan.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?