Page 897 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 397797847887893894895896897898899900901907947997 ... LastLast
Results 13,441 to 13,455 of 20754

Whew, hope you got a few extra grand laying around.

I'm also hoping to collect the entire Claremont run of X-Men, but came too late to the collected edition party. Glad to see the new Mutant Massacre omni get released but I'm in no hurry to get it considering I won't be reading it for years probably. I'm debating whether to save some money for the OOP omnis, wait many years for the Epics to get released, or wait many years for more re-done omnis.

Releasing this run has to be like printing money for Marvel, too bad they can't push more of it out.

Incredible Member

In addition to everything Starro listed above, if you’re including the annuals, you’d also need the X-Men: Days of Future Present OHC, collecting the main story from UXM annual #14.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Whew, hope you got a few extra grand laying around.

I'm also hoping to collect the entire Claremont run of X-Men, but came too late to the collected edition party. Glad to see the new Mutant Massacre omni get released but I'm in no hurry to get it considering I won't be reading it for years probably. I'm debating whether to save some money for the OOP omnis, wait many years for the Epics to get released, or wait many years for more re-done omnis.

Releasing this run has to be like printing money for Marvel, too bad they can't push more of it out.
    I’m in the same boat as you. Just started collecting Xmen a year or so ago. Got UXM Omni 1/2, AOA, and Mutant Massacre. Gonna fill line out with Epics and Omni’s as they come out or are re released. I’d jump on Mutant Massacre. I thought I’d wait on Vol 3 Omni and missed out. I refuse to pay secondary market prices.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    In addition to everything Starro listed above, if you’re including the annuals, you’d also need the X-Men: Days of Future Present OHC, collecting the main story from UXM annual #14.
    And the X-Men: Asgardian Wars OHC (also available as a TPB) because of X-Men Annual #9.

Quote Originally Posted by Starro View Post
    The last remaining gap (Uncanny X-Men #338-340) will be filled by the Onslaught Aftermath TPB, and the long-standing gap between Mutant Massacre and Fall of the Mutants has just been filled by the Mutant Massacre Omnibus. You can own all of Uncanny X-Men #1-393 if you get:

- X-Men Omnibus Vols. 1-2 OHC (or X-Men Epic Collection Vols. 1-3 TPB)

- Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vols. 1-3 OHC

- Marvel Masterworks: Uncanny X-Men Vol. 10 HC

- X-Men Epic Collection Vol. 12: The Gift TPB

- X-Men: Ghosts TPB

- X-Men: Mutant Massacre Omnibus OHC

- X-Men: Fall of the Mutants OHC

- X-Men: Inferno Prologue OHC

- X-Men: Inferno OHC

- X-Men by Chris Claremont and Jim Lee Omnibus Vol. 1 OHC

- X-Men: X-Tinction Agenda OHC

- X-Men by Chris Claremont and Jim Lee Omnibus Vol. 2 OHC

- X-Men: Bishop's Crossing OHC

- X-Men: X-Cutioner's Song OHC

- X-Men: Fatal Attractions OHC

- X-Men: The Wedding of Cyclops & Phoenix OHC

- X-Men: Phalanx Covenant OHC

- X-Men: LegionQuest OHC

- X-Men: Age of Apocalypse Omnibus OHC

- X-Men: Road to Onslaught Vols. 1-3 TPB

- X-Men/Avengers: Onslaught Omnibus OHC

- X-Men: Onslaught Aftermath TPB (upcoming)

- X-Men: The Trial of Gambit TPB

- X-Men: Operation Zero Tolerance OHC

- X-Men Blue Vol. 0: Reunion TPB (despite the misleading title, it collects the beginning of Seagle's UXM run)

- X-Men: The Hunt for Professor X TPB

- X-Men: The Magneto War TPB

- X-Men: The Shattering TPB

- X-Men vs. Apocalypse Vol. 1: The Twelve TPB

- X-Men vs. Apocalypse Vol. 2: Ages of Apocalypse TPB

- X-Men: Powerless TPB

- X-Men: Revolution by Chris Claremont Omnibus OHC

- X-Men: Dream's End TPB

- X-Men: Eve of Destruction TPB

The last two TPBs can be replaced by the upcoming X-Men: Eve of Destruction OHC. And if you also want to own all issues of adjectiveless X-Men, you must get:

- X-Men: A Skinning of Souls TPB (collects X-Men #17-24, which you won't find in any of the OHCs that cover the period between Claremont's exit and AoA)

- X-Men Gold Vol. 0: Homecoming TPB (collects the beginning of Kelly's run)
    Thanks for typing that all out. I appreciate you taking the time to do that. I usually use Wikipedia to see what's been collected and what's been missed but I must have missed a few. Thanks again!

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd line g View Post
    I’m in the same boat as you. Just started collecting Xmen a year or so ago. Got UXM Omni 1/2, AOA, and Mutant Massacre. Gonna fill line out with Epics and Omni’s as they come out or are re released. I’d jump on Mutant Massacre. I thought I’d wait on Vol 3 Omni and missed out. I refuse to pay secondary market prices.
    Same here but I got UXM vol.3 thankfully when it came out, along with the reprints of 1 & 2. I think I'm going to buy the Inferno Prologue omni next cause it's still available and I feel like it's less-likely to get a reprint. I'll still buy Mutant Massacre in the next few months, just not this week . I'll likely try to fill the rest with TPBs and wait for reprints or Epics of he other OOP stuff. Not paying $300 for an omni!

Quote Originally Posted by WTHIOTina View Post
    Thanks for typing that all out. I appreciate you taking the time to do that. I usually use Wikipedia to see what's been collected and what's been missed but I must have missed a few. Thanks again!
    Yes, thank you! A nice concise list.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd line g View Post
    I started collected Omnis a little over 3 years ago and completed my X-Men collection, up until this point, last month with the releases of the Mutant Massacre Omni and the Magneto War TPB. I didn't pay over cover (unless you count shipping) for any of the books and actually got a large chunk of them for under cover , so it is definitely still possible to do.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:28 PM.

Did anyone get the recent X-Men Marauders trade or X-Factor Epic? Was wondering what the paper was like.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

How good is Waid's Fantastic Four run with Wieringo?

Worth picking up the omni? I mean, I love Waid but I'm not huge on the FF.

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    How good is Waid's Fantastic Four run with Wieringo?

Worth picking up the omni? I mean, I love Waid but I'm not huge on the FF.
    It is very good one of the best F4 runs lots of fun.

Extraordinary Member

Waid and Wieringo's run is very enjoyable as a "back-to-basics" run that never feels like it's trying to rip off Lee and Kirby or Byrne. Its take on Doom is divisive and it has some of Waid's trademark attempts to over-explain things (like his retcon of the Yancy Street Gang), but it has one of the most sympathetic and likable portrayals of Reed. I believe Tom Brevoort, who has edited most Fantastic Four runs since 2002, has said this is his favorite of all his FF runs so far.

The contents of the omnibus are the same as the three oversized hardcovers that came out in the '00s, except for the new introduction by former FF editor Ralph Macchio.

Which brings up what I originally came here to post about: In some ways I like that Marvel has gotten Macchio to do introductions and afterwords for so many of its recent collections, since it's a nice bonus and few people know more about the history of Marvel from the 1970s onwards... but I find his introductions disappointing because they say almost nothing about the comics, even the ones he edited himself, except that they're great and wonderful and every run is terrific and pulse-pounding. I don't expect him to say bad things about creators or runs, but some of the Masterworks introductions find ways to give us more insight without bad-mouthing any of the stories.

Macchio has had an interesting career because in his long Marvel career he edited some of the most successful Marvel runs (Miller's second Daredevil run, Simonson's Thor, Ultimate Spider-Man) but also edited some of the very worst (parts of Chichester's Daredevil, Avengers: The Crossing, much of late '90s Spider-Man). I'd like to know a little more about what he knows.

Amazing Member

So I watched a video earlier of someone that had picked up the Jeph Loeb/Tim Sale Yellow Blue Gray White collection, and I was thinking it was gonna be an omnibus since that was what it was listed as, but apparently it's an OHC. Not sure if it has a glued binding but it seems similar to the Infinity OHC. I'm confused as to how both this and Waid Fantastic Four omnis were both the same price when they are both Marvel but the Fantastic Four has like 200-300 more pages and a way better binding. Already bought one off IST earlier in the week, but damn I wish it was an omni

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HuggyBear View Post
    So I watched a video earlier of someone that had picked up the Jeph Loeb/Tim Sale Yellow Blue Gray White collection, and I was thinking it was gonna be an omnibus since that was what it was listed as, but apparently it's an OHC. Not sure if it has a glued binding but it seems similar to the Infinity OHC. I'm confused as to how both this and Waid Fantastic Four omnis were both the same price when they are both Marvel but the Fantastic Four has like 200-300 more pages and a way better binding. Already bought one off IST earlier in the week, but damn I wish it was an omni
    Huh, well I'm glad I held off from purchasing it. I already have the Yellow Blue Gray and the Cap White OHCs.The only reason I was thinking about having it was due to the fact it would be labelled/fashioned as an Omnibus and I would pick it up at clearance. The Star Wars Kanan "Omnibus " also turned out to be "just" an OHC.