Page 899 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 399799849889895896897898899900901902903909949999 ... LastLast
Results 13,471 to 13,485 of 20754
    Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    At some point I'm sure it will get a reprint. ASM Vol. 2 Omni got a reprint and went OOP. The ASM and UXM Omnibuses are very popular and I reckon Marvel will keep reprinting them.
    I know, I just reckon it'll be a long time (and I've already been waiting since 2012).
    Miller was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    At some point I'm sure it will get a reprint. ASM Vol. 2 Omni got a reprint and went OOP. The ASM and UXM Omnibuses are very popular and I reckon Marvel will keep reprinting them.
    You'd think they could sell enough of ASM and X-Men to offset the slower selling volumes if they'd just keep printing. I'm waiting for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    You'd think they could sell enough of ASM and X-Men to offset the slower selling volumes if they'd just keep printing. I'm waiting for both.
    Or just print way more copies of uxm and asm omnis vs let’s say avengers or Thor.
    But then maybe they’re already doing that - I dunno.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Finished up Punisher Max vol 2 - didn't really care for it...
    Nowhere near as good as the first volume, nor as good as Aaron's Max run.
    I didn't care for the Barracuda character, which seemed to be all this volume was about, nor Frank's Vietnam backstory, which they keep going back to. Also the art... blech. I understand that it shouldn't be "comic-book-y", but the art is just so rough, scratchy and ugly that it's actually bad at getting across what's happening on the page.

I'm selling it as soon as it goes OOP.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking!! Pretty strong numbers for Starlin's swan song Thanos trilogy.
    Hey guys I'm kind of overwhelmed by the order Thanos stories. Is there a clear order to his stories in collectible formats?

Like, does this - Thanos: Infinity Conflict OHC - take place after Hickman's Infinity?

If anyone can place the order of Thanos' main stories I'd be appreciative (but I don't expect it, so don't worry lol)

Edit: I know there's Thanos Quest, then Infinity Gauntlet, Infinity War, Infinity Aftermath, then eventually there was Infinity (with Hickman). What am I missing that is essential to Thanos?
    Last edited by j0nnyboy; 12-15-2018 at 03:44 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    Hey guys I'm kind of overwhelmed by the order Thanos stories. Is there a clear order to his stories in collectible formats?

Like, does this - Thanos: Infinity Conflict OHC - take place after Hickman's Infinity?

If anyone can place the order of Thanos' main stories I'd be appreciative (but I don't expect it, so don't worry lol)

Edit: I know there's Thanos Quest, then Infinity Gauntlet, Infinity War, Infinity Aftermath, then eventually there was Infinity (with Hickman). What am I missing that is essential to Thanos?
    There are kind of two Thanoses (Thanosi). Very straightforwardly, there's the upcoming Thanos War: Infinity Origins Omni, then IG omni, IG Aftermath TPB, IW Omni, Infinity Crusade (two tpbs). Following that is where it gets weird - Starlin left and Thanos appeared in a number of places and got punked, mostly (vs Thor, Cosmic Powers), so Starlin came back for Infinity Abyss to right the ship. Starlin's Thanos from that point forward kind of diverges in attitude and motivation from that point forward.

So Starlin's Thanos chronology is: Infinity Abyss, Marvel Universe: The End, Thanos 1-6, then Thanos Annual 1, the six OGNs, Thanos vs Hulk, The Infinity Entity

The Marvel Thanos chronology is: Thanos 7-12, Annihilation, Thanos Imperative, Infinity (Hickman), etc.

I'd use this to fill in the "etc" in the Marvel chronology: https://www.comicbookherald.com/the-...g-order-guide/
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Finished up Punisher Max vol 2 - didn't really care for it...
    Nowhere near as good as the first volume, nor as good as Aaron's Max run.
    I didn't care for the Barracuda character, which seemed to be all this volume was about, nor Frank's Vietnam backstory, which they keep going back to. Also the art... blech. I understand that it shouldn't be "comic-book-y", but the art is just so rough, scratchy and ugly that it's actually bad at getting across what's happening on the page.

I'm selling it as soon as it goes OOP.
    Huh...well now I've heard it all

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    There are kind of two Thanoses (Thanosi). Very straightforwardly, there's the upcoming Thanos War: Infinity Origins Omni, then IG omni, IG Aftermath TPB, IW Omni, Infinity Crusade (two tpbs). Following that is where it gets weird - Starlin left and Thanos appeared in a number of places and got punked, mostly (vs Thor, Cosmic Powers), so Starlin came back for Infinity Abyss to right the ship. Starlin's Thanos from that point forward kind of diverges in attitude and motivation from that point forward.

So Starlin's Thanos chronology is: Infinity Abyss, Marvel Universe: The End, Thanos 1-6, then Thanos Annual 1, the six OGNs, Thanos vs Hulk, The Infinity Entity

The Marvel Thanos chronology is: Thanos 7-12, Annihilation, Thanos Imperative, Infinity (Hickman), etc.

I'd use this to fill in the "etc" in the Marvel chronology: https://www.comicbookherald.com/the-...g-order-guide/
    Yeah, this is pretty important. Starlin's (modern) Thanos stories have NOTHING to do with modern Marvel chronology. Which is a good thing IMO.

Since it wasn't specified, the reading order of Starlin's new Thanos OGNs is this:

First Story:
    Thanos: The Infinity Revelation
    Thanos VS Hulk (yes, this fits in here, not an HC)
    Thanos: The Infinity Relativity
    The Infinity Entity (not a hardcover, but absolutely necessary to read here)
    Thanos: The Infinity Finale

Second Story:
    Thanos: The Infinity Siblings
    Thanos: The Infinity Conflict
    TBA?

DanielCologne

Can someone tell me if the Silver Surfer Omnibus by Slott & Allred is going to be OOP pretty soon? It's rarely in stock at the different shops I can reach (from Germany). For example Amazon DE got only one listening for it. It is sold out at different UK retailers. Will there be additional stock or is this gone after the initial batch then? Anyone any idea? From the list above it says it sold 1341 copies..

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanielCologne View Post
    Can someone tell me if the Silver Surfer Omnibus by Slott & Allred is going to be OOP pretty soon? It's rarely in stock at the different shops I can reach (from Germany). For example Amazon DE got only one listening for it. It is sold out at different UK retailers. Will there be additional stock or is this gone after the initial batch then? Anyone any idea? From the list above it says it sold 1341 copies..
    I doubt it, although I reckon it will be quite popular. It's in stock on amazon.co.uk and in time marketplace sellers will start selling it. Give it a few more weeks and other sellers should start stocking up on it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanielCologne View Post
    I had pre-ordered from Speedyhen, and they didn't give any updates but its in stock now and my copy is finally on the way. I think its just that there often seem to be distribution issues this time of year, I remember last year having the same problems with the X-men Classic Omnibus and the Kirby Fourth World Omnibus. I guess not all stock is sent out, and sometimes some books have a dedicated fanbase that want the book now rather than later, and it takes a while to get a second batch out to the distribution centres.

CONAN THE BARBARIAN: THE ORIGINAL MARVEL YEARS OMNIBUS VOL. 2 Covers by DALE KEOWN & NEAL ADAMS:

CABLE & X-FORCE OMNIBUS Cover by STEVE SKROCE:

HEROES REBORN OMNIBUS Cover by CARLOS PACHECO:

KIRBY IS…MIGHTY! KING-SIZE HC Cover by JACK KIRBY: