Page 906 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 4068068568969029039049059069079089099109169561006 ... LastLast
Results 13,576 to 13,590 of 20730
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I feel your pain.
    Has it been that this is one of those series that adheres to the MMW schedule?
    Not that this "theory" should've stopped them from doing a SA TIH vol.2(yeah I know sales vs overprinted hypothesis on that book also).
    I want both dang it!!
    It is possible that it has been held back to allow for the MMW to get farther ahead, but with the probable last movie tie in opportunity passing with Endgame and no announcement I just went for it. The only problem is that the MMWs will miss lining up to the Michelinie/Layton Omni by 2 issues. It also doesn't hurt that I have been loving the MMWs for quality and ease of reading. I still love my Omni's and are fine for in a chair, but the smaller books are soooo much easier to read in bed and have not had any of the paper or cover changes that the Omni program has gone through.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

I hope we'll get sometime this year Venom by Donny Cates collected in OHC, following the release of Thanos by Donny Cates OHC. I heard a lot of good things about this run.

Quote Originally Posted by Antari View Post
    I hope we'll get sometime this year Venom by Donny Cates collected in OHC, following the release of Thanos by Donny Cates OHC. I heard a lot of good things about this run.
    I am almost certain it'll get the OHC treatment as Cates seems to be Marvel's "in" writer at the moment and both his Thanos and Doctor Strange runs are being collected in that format. It's probably the most well-received too, so it's very likely. Very keen for all three OHCs.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Did the DM cover for Conan the Barbarian sell out that fast on IST today already?

Edit: I see cheapgraphicnovels.com also shows it as out of stock.
    Last edited by Captain Craig; 01-15-2019 at 01:52 PM.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Did the DM cover for Conan the Barbarian sell out that fast on IST today already?

I was just about to order it, damn it!

The DM cover was only 45% off, while the regular cover is at 55%.

All-New Member

This morning CGN already had the DM listed as out of stock (did not receive from distributed and should be available later).

I ordered the DM from IST at 2:01 Central. It was indeed only 45% off while the regular edition was 55% off.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Imprint View Post
    This morning CGN already had the DM listed as out of stock (did not receive from distributed and should be available later).

I ordered the DM from IST at 2:01 Central. It was indeed only 45% off while the regular edition was 55% off.
    I was able to order it at about 12:03 Pacific. We will see if I get a "So Sorry..." or not.

Edit: Got home and had an order confirmation email, so hopefully all good.
    Last edited by Brewman; 01-15-2019 at 04:44 PM.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Yeah they were gone by the time I checked. Weird that they're selling the ugly new cover for 55% though.

I haven't read any Conan comics since I was a kid so I'm only mildly curious, but I'd only snag it immediately with the original art cover. Otherwise I'll wait til IST offers it for 65% off or more.

Yeah, the DM Conan Omni sold out in about 40-45 minutes. Good thing I got mine as soon as it went up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Weird that they're selling the ugly new cover for 55% though.
    Well, you said it yourself - it's ugly as hell, so some extra motivation will be needed. I really don't know what they were thinking when they approved that.

I missed out.
    I had work and was thinking the new books would not
    go up until at least 5:00 EST
    Right now Ugly is going for 57% off
    So seeing how my collection has al kinds of books from
    Omnibuses to trade paper backs and some of my Omnibuses
    are not Direct market versions and (well....) the book will
    sit with only its spine showing, I may just go fourth and get
    the regular edition.

Fantastic Member

Luckily I ordered my copy of the CONAN the BARBARIAN omnibus right as it went on sale at 2:01 PM on IST. (A benefit of owning your own business is that you can schedule a half an hour off one day a week when the new trades go on sale) but I am not taking any more chances. I will order pre-order future volumes through Tales of Wonder.

There must be a good market for oversized CONAN hardcovers. Both recent "Colossal" volumes from Dark Horse sold out almost instantly at CGN and were never even offered on IST. I lucked out and got one of each at (of all places) Barnes and Noble.com at substantial l discounts. Don’t bother. They are both sold out now.

Amazing Member

I got one about 15 or so minutes after it went up. We'll see if I get it though.

All-New Member

Cheap Graphic Novels states there was a problem with the distributor, so there might be more available soon. Here is the note they put on their listing:

"UNFORTUNATELY WE DID NOT RECEIVE OUR COPIES OF THIS BOOK FROM OUR DISTRIBUTOR. WE HOPE TO RECEIVE THEM IN OUR SHIPMENT NEXT MONDAY (1/21/19)"

It's possible IST might have more copies next week too. I seem to remember that happening with Spider-Man 3 variant (maybe it was a different omni though).

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    the book will
    sit with only its spine showing
    And a lovely spine it is. (Pic by Gabe Bustamantez)

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imprint View Post
    Cheap Graphic Novels states there was a problem with the distributor, so there might be more available soon. Here is the note they put on their listing:

"UNFORTUNATELY WE DID NOT RECEIVE OUR COPIES OF THIS BOOK FROM OUR DISTRIBUTOR. WE HOPE TO RECEIVE THEM IN OUR SHIPMENT NEXT MONDAY (1/21/19)"

It's possible IST might have more copies next week too. I seem to remember that happening with Spider-Man 3 variant (maybe it was a different omni though).
    Yes, IST got more copies in of the ASM Vol. 3 Omnibus DM Cover after they sold out quite quickly and you were only limited to one purchase. We are going to have to be extra vigilant when ASM Vol. 4 gets released.

"Fortunately", I'm not a big fan of Conan and won't be collecting these Omnibuses. Otherwise, I would be pretty cheesed of for not being able to pick up the DM cover. Back in the 1980s it was a different story as I was quite a big Sword & Sorcery fan collecting the Savage Sword of Conan magazines as well as catching any S&S movies that I could (The Sword and the Sorcerer, The Beastmaster, Hawk The Slayer, Red Sonja, Conan 1&2 .....)