Page 910 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 4108108609009069079089099109119129139149209601010 ... LastLast
Results 13,636 to 13,650 of 20773
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

MARVELS MONSTER-SIZED HC
    Written by KURT BUSIEK, ALEX ROSS & STEVE DARNALL
    Penciled by ALEX ROSS
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    Experience a Marvel classic like never before in this unbelievably oversized special edition! Within the Marvel Universe, heroes soar high in the skies, ready to battle the villains who threaten their world. Yet living in the shadow of these extraordinary icons are ordinary men and women who view the Marvels with a mixture of fear, disbelief, envy and admiration. Among them is Phil Sheldon, a New York City photojournalist who has dedicated his career to covering the exploits of the Marvels and their effect on humankind. Written by Kurt Busiek and masterfully illustrated by Alex Ross, Marvels presents a richly painted historical overview of the entire Marvel Universe, spanning from the 1939 debut of the Human Torch to the fearsome coming of the world-devouring Galactus — and culminating in the shocking death of Gwen Stacy, Spider-Man’s first love. Collecting MARVELS #0-4.
    328 PGS./Rated T …$75.00
    Trim size: 13-41/64 x 21-1/4

MARVEL COMICS #1: 80TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION OHC
    Written by CARL BURGOS, PAUL GUSTAVSON, BILL EVERETT, AL ANDERS, ART PINAJIAN, BEN THOMPSON, ROY THOMAS, ALEX ROSS & STEVE DARNALL
    Penciled by CARL BURGOS, PAUL GUSTAVSON, BILL EVERETT, AL ANDERS, ART PINAJIAN, BEN THOMPSON, RICH BUCKLER & ALEX ROSS
    Cover by FRANK R. PAUL
    The book that kicked off the Marvel Universe back in 1939 — presented in glorious hardcover, with an extensive array of special features! MARVEL COMICS #1 promised action, mystery and adventure — and it delivered! The original android Human Torch blazed his way into readers’ hearts, and Namor the Sub-Mariner made a big splash! Golden Age pulp star Ka-Zar swung into comics, and costumed detective the Angel made his debut! Plus: Western adventures with the Masked Raider — and terror in the jungle! And from this one issue, published 80 years ago, grew the entire Marvel Universe! Now, MARVEL COMICS #1 is collected along with retrospective stories, bonus artwork, insightful essays and more! Collecting MARVEL COMICS #1, SAGA OF THE ORIGINAL HUMAN TORCH #1, MARVELS #0 and MARVEL COMICS #1 70TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION.
    232 PGS./All Ages …$29.99

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE VOL. 4 HC
    Written by MARV WOLFMAN, ROGER SLIFER & JIM STARLIN with RALPH MACCHIO, TOM DEFALCO, DAVID ANTHONY KRAFT, PETER B. GILLIS
    & ALAN KUPPERBERG
    Penciled by RON WILSON & JIM STARLIN with SAL BUSCEMA, JOHN BYRNE, BOB HALL
    & ALAN KUPPERBERG
    Cover by RON WILSON
    Our latest Masterworks offers you two heroes for the price of one! Yes, it’s MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE, starring the world’s most endearing pile of rocks, the Ever-Lovin’ Blue-Eyed Thing! And his adventures begin — behind bars?! The Thing has been declared a public nuisance (and not just on Yancy Street), and it’ll take the skills of both Matt Murdock and Daredevil to set him free! This marvelous Masterwork also features the debut of Project PEGASUS, the reality-bending Cosmic Cube, an army of android Visions, the Black Panther and Brother Voodoo vs. a zombie-vampire, Hercules, Captain Marvel — and a bruising Thing vs. Hulk battle! And it’s all topped off with Jim Starlin’s famous two-part cosmic epic pitting the Avengers and the Thing vs. Thanos and his Infinity Gems! Collecting MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE (1974) #37-46 and ANNUAL #2-3, and AVENGERS ANNUAL #7.
    304 PGS./Rated T …$75.00

THE MARVEL ART OF CONAN THE BARBARIAN OHC
    Written by JOHN RHETT THOMAS
    Penciled by VARIOUS
    Cover by BARRY WINDSOR-SMITH
    The Hyborian Age meets the Marvel Age in this stunning gallery of classic Conan comic art! The Cimmerian warrior made his comics mark at Marvel, and would hack and slash his way through three decades of phenomenal full-color storytelling in Conan the Barbarian and its many sister comics. This hardcover highlights the very best covers, pages and pinups from legendary titles such as Conan the Barbarian, Giant-Size Conan, King Conan and more — from the seminal masterworks of Barry Windsor-Smith, to stunning interpretations by Gil Kane and Neal Adams, to a character-defining legacy by John Buscema, to gorgeous latter-day illustrations by Silvestri, Kaluta, Mignola and more! As Conan makes his highly anticipated return to the House of Ideas in 2019, immerse yourself in the vibrant and vivid world of Conan the Barbarian, and experience sensational sword-and-sorcery sagas in the Mighty Marvel Manner!
    224 PGS./Rating: Parental Advisory for strong language and content …$50.00

MS. MARVEL VOL. 5 OHC
    Written by G. WILLOW WILSON, SALADIN AHMED, HASAN MINHAJ
    & RAINBOW ROWELL
    Penciled by NICO LEON, ELMO BONDOC, GUSTAVO DUARTE & BOB QUINN
    Cover by SARA PICHELLI
    ON SALE AUGUST 2019
    G. Willow Wilson bids a fond farewell to Kamala Khan as her sensational five-year MS. MARVEL run comes to a close! But where is our heroine? Kamala has vanished, but Jersey City still has a need for heroes! The city’s newest crimefighter, Red Dagger, and even ordinary citizens attempt to carry on the brave fight in Ms. Marvel’s honor. But when an old enemy re-emerges, will anyone be powerful enough to truly carry the legacy — except Kamala herself? Plus: Calamity strikes during a slumber party! Bruno returns! And he and Kamala must work out how to be friends again! What better way than a little scientific research into Kamala’s powers? But when the experiment goes awry, can Ms. Marvel pull herself together in time to triumph over a classic Marvel villain? Collecting MS. MARVEL (2015) #25-38.
    320 PGS./Rated T+ …$34.99

Spectacular Member

Whoa that Marvels Monster Sized OHC is very tempting. But storing it will be a pain

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Im back! With more questions. There are many lists out there that have reading orders or recommended reading for Marvel Cosmos, such as Annihilation, War of Kings ect. However im not seeing a whole lot about modern comics.

Donnie Cates is a name I see floating around. I know he did Dr.Strange, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, and GotG. But does that connect with Durgans Gotg? What about Infinity Wars? How much can I actually skip and how much should I actually invest in?

Bonus points if anyone can tell me more (quality wise) about Immortal Hulk. Thanks everyone!
    I think Donny Cates' GotG has some ties to Infinity Wars, but you are probably fine to skip it and jump right into Cates' series. I've heard many good things about his Venom, so that is probably worth checking out. I read his Doctor Strange series and it was very good, but when you read it you need to read its crossover with Damnation as well. His Thanos run is awesome, and you need to read it before reading Cosmic Ghost Rider.

I have heard good things about Immortal Hulk but never read it. People have called it a "horror" title, which doesn't appeal to me so I haven't looked at it.

A couple of titles there I'll have to add to the shelves. I'd like to see a Marvel Two-in One Omnibus at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by iPodwithnomusic View Post
    I think Donny Cates' GotG has some ties to Infinity Wars, but you are probably fine to skip it and jump right into Cates' series. I've heard many good things about his Venom, so that is probably worth checking out. I read his Doctor Strange series and it was very good, but when you read it you need to read its crossover with Damnation as well. His Thanos run is awesome, and you need to read it before reading Cosmic Ghost Rider.

I have heard good things about Immortal Hulk but never read it. People have called it a "horror" title, which doesn't appeal to me so I haven't looked at it.
    Solid. Thank you so much for taking the time to notice and reply to me! I greatly appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    Whoa that Marvels Monster Sized OHC is very tempting. But storing it will be a pain
    I seriously questioned why they made that recent "remastered" edition a paperback and not an oversized hardcover. Now this is announced and is super-duper-absolutely-ridiculously oversized! I'll be honest though, there's a good chance I'll buy this, especially if it's 50% off week of release. Storage be damned, I'll keep it near my front door to bludgeon any unwanted intruders.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I agree it'll take another Hulk solo movie, Hulk anniversary to get a reprint of TIH SA vol.1 which I'd hope also means a TIH SA vol.2 is coming.
    When we've gotten SA reprint Omni's usually a new volume is coming in that line. In this case ASM SA vol.4, also, would that be the last SA volume? Does ASM start to get into BA territory and if so should we just start call it ASM vol.5 if that were to happen?

Same for Surfer, probably take there being a Silver Surfer(series 3) vol.1 Omni happening in order to get the BA Omni reprinted.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I'm glad I waited and not paid scalpers prices for the ASM vol.1.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    MARVEL MASTERS OF SUSPENSE: STAN LEE & STEVE DITKO OMNIBUS VOL. 1
    Written by STAN LEE
    Penciled by STEVE DITKO
    Cover by STEVE DITKO
    Before Stan Lee and Steve Ditko revolutionized comics heroes with Spider-Man and Doctor Strange, they applied their incomparable storytelling to taut suspense thrillers! Chilling stories cast with nervous-eyed dreamers and sweaty-palmed schemers, none of whom make it out without getting theirs. These parables of wrenching psychological tension, crafted by two of comics’ most creative minds, will leave you curled up and screaming for more! Marvel is honored to collect Lee and Ditko’s complete Silver Age stories of suspense in two beautifully restored Omnibus volumes — from Ditko’s very first Marvel work in 1956 to his last five-page masterpiece! Collecting material from JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY (1952) #33, #38 and #50-73; STRANGE TALES (1951) #46, #50 and #67-91; TALES TO ASTONISH (1959) #1-26; TALES OF SUSPENSE (1959) #1-15 and #17-24; STRANGE WORLDS #1-5; WORLD OF FANTASY #16-19; AMAZING ADVENTURES (1961) #1-6; JOURNEY INTO UNKNOWN WORLDS #45 and #51; MYSTERY TALES #40, #45 and #47; TWO-GUN WESTERN (1956) #4; WORLD OF SUSPENSE #2; MARVEL TALES (1949) #147; SPELLBOUND (1952) #29; STRANGE TALES OF THE UNUSUAL #5; ASTONISHING #53; WORLD OF MYSTERY #3 and #6; BATTLE #63; and GUNSMOKE WESTERN #66.
    688 PGS./All Ages …$100.00
    Looking forward to this Omnibus.Never read any of those stories but i am intrigued to read those stories illustrated by Steve Dikto.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    MARVELS MONSTER-SIZED HC
    Written by KURT BUSIEK, ALEX ROSS & STEVE DARNALL
    Penciled by ALEX ROSS
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    Experience a Marvel classic like never before in this unbelievably oversized special edition! Within the Marvel Universe, heroes soar high in the skies, ready to battle the villains who threaten their world. Yet living in the shadow of these extraordinary icons are ordinary men and women who view the Marvels with a mixture of fear, disbelief, envy and admiration. Among them is Phil Sheldon, a New York City photojournalist who has dedicated his career to covering the exploits of the Marvels and their effect on humankind. Written by Kurt Busiek and masterfully illustrated by Alex Ross, Marvels presents a richly painted historical overview of the entire Marvel Universe, spanning from the 1939 debut of the Human Torch to the fearsome coming of the world-devouring Galactus — and culminating in the shocking death of Gwen Stacy, Spider-Man’s first love. Collecting MARVELS #0-4.
    328 PGS./Rated T …$75.00
    Trim size: 13-41/64 x 21-1/4
    I will be buying already Marvels:Annotated in Floppys starting next month,otherwise i would get this Marvels HC edition.
    Last edited by comicscollector; 01-23-2019 at 05:59 PM.

Incredible Member

I wish they’d go ahead and continue printing more copies of that Amazing Spider-Man Volume 3 Omnibus instead.. insane how underprinted some of these are.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I agree it'll take another Hulk solo movie, Hulk anniversary to get a reprint of TIH SA vol.1 which I'd hope also means a TIH SA vol.2 is coming.
    When we've gotten SA reprint Omni's usually a new volume is coming in that line. In this case ASM SA vol.4, also, would that be the last SA volume? Does ASM start to get into BA territory and if so should we just start call it ASM vol.5 if that were to happen?

Same for Surfer, probably take there being a Silver Surfer(series 3) vol.1 Omni happening in order to get the BA Omni reprinted.
    They could have done a Omnibus new printing of the original Silver Surfer as a tribute to Stan since it was known to have been one of his favourites series that he wrote to the extent that when it was cancelled towards the end of the 1960s he was so disappointed that allegedly he had it forbidden for anyone else to write a new Silver Surfer book and no one did until well into the 1980s.