Page 917 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 4178178679079139149159169179189199209219279671017 ... LastLast
Results 13,741 to 13,755 of 20754

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    How's their packaging? I was going to pre order from DCBS but haven't seen a listing
    TalesofWonder (TOW) and InStockTrades (IST) are the same company (technically so is DCBS).
    They use (as far as I know) the same distribution center/warehouse - meaning whether you order from one website or the other, it comes from the same place, same stock of books, same packaging, etc...

Because of these last two DM sellouts, I just went ahead and pre-ordered Avengers v4 DM, Thanos Origins DM, and Spidey v4 DM. If your order is >$100 you get free shipping (vs. IST's free shipping at $50), but if you preorder, you can add a few more books to make it free.
    They don't charge your Credit card until like a week before it ships or something. What I do, is bill it to my CC, and then over time, I work out with them to pay them via Paypal for the amount. You can 'make pre-payments' that way, if you're so inclined. Just email them first, obviously. they're great people. I've ordered from TOW for YEARS, until I realized IST was just as good and a teeny bit cheaper. But for DM covers, Avengers is $52 pre-ordered vs. $50 on release day at IST, but now I'm guaranteed the cover I want. You may not care, but for me, an extra $2 to ensure I get the cover I want is worth it.

Hope this helps you/others.
    *p.s. I do NOT work for this company, I'm just a big supporter and fan!
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I like the Frank Cho Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus vol.4 cover very much.
    I will try for the DM version, but for sure will not lose any sleep if I have to
    I agree. It's pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    ASM 4 standard cover by Frank Cho:
    Attachment 78558
    Thank you! That's not a bad cover, much better than I expected. I'll still try to get the period specific dm cover, but I can live with that. Either way, I can't wait for it to release.

Honestly, I think that Cho cover would be so much better if it were just Spidey with Gwen and the web backdrop, and everything else erased.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    TalesofWonder (TOW) and InStockTrades (IST) are the same company (technically so is DCBS).
    They use (as far as I know) the same distribution center/warehouse - meaning whether you order from one website or the other, it comes from the same place, same stock of books, same packaging, etc...

Because of these last two DM sellouts, I just went ahead and pre-ordered Avengers v4 DM, Thanos Origins DM, and Spidey v4 DM. If your order is >$100 you get free shipping (vs. IST's free shipping at $50), but if you preorder, you can add a few more books to make it free.
    They don't charge your Credit card until like a week before it ships or something. What I do, is bill it to my CC, and then over time, I work out with them to pay them via Paypal for the amount. You can 'make pre-payments' that way, if you're so inclined. Just email them first, obviously. they're great people. I've ordered from TOW for YEARS, until I realized IST was just as good and a teeny bit cheaper. But for DM covers, Avengers is $52 pre-ordered vs. $50 on release day at IST, but now I'm guaranteed the cover I want. You may not care, but for me, an extra $2 to ensure I get the cover I want is worth it.

Great info. I never heard of TalesOfWonder before this thread. Aside from the ability to pre-order and slightly higher do you know of any other differences? I briefly skimmed TOW and it seemed so shockingly similar that it surprises me they are maintained big two different businesses/websites.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

My first impression of the Cho cover was positive but on further reflection, it would seem as if various images had been photoshopped together. The Goblin headshot just seems strange.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    My first impression of the Cho cover was positive but on further reflection, it would seem as if various images had been photoshopped together. The Goblin headshot just seems strange.
    It looks like he didn’t read the memo to include the green goblin until after he was finished and than had to add a small box with the goblins face. It doesn’t appear like he intended to include him. Overall I’d be fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Honestly, I think that Cho cover would be so much better if it were just Spidey with Gwen and the web backdrop, and everything else erased.
    I couldn't agree more.

Mighty Member

I went ahead and preordered ASM v4. It seems if using PayPal (my CC is linked there) they charge you at checkout fyi

Amazing Member

Because of these last two DM sellouts, I just went ahead and pre-ordered Avengers v4 DM, Thanos Origins DM, and Spidey v4 DM.
    Great info, thanks. Just placed my ToW pre-order for those same books. Not taking any chances after barely getting those last two. Odd that we're now in the era of same-day sellout Omnis. 15-20 years ago this would've sounded like insanity.

Incredible Member

Just finished a Sub-Mariner Masterwork marathon and have to say I think Namor has become a top character in my list of favorites. Like any lengthy run it had its duds, but overall it was some solid comics. The early Lee and Thomas stuff in Volumes 1-3 is just outstanding. Then the Bill Everret art in Vol 7 was masterful I cannot wait for the upcoming Timely Classics Omnibus of his GA run on the character.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

I hated when Sub-Mariner episodes came on when the carton was
    running week days in the early seventies
    But when I discovered his comics, quickly came to enjoy it
    and made it a part of my buying.

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

A few more thin TPBs have poppd up on hachette, along with two oversized hardcovers: Immortal Hulk Vol 1 OHC and Marvel Horror Omnibus.

Haven't read it, but I've heard really good things about Immortal Hulk.
    Now the question is; do I get this OHC, or wait for the inevitable Omnibus?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iPodwithnomusic View Post
    A few more thin TPBs have poppd up on hachette, along with two oversized hardcovers: Immortal Hulk Vol 1 OHC and Marvel Horror Omnibus.
    I'll wait for the Immortal Hulk Omni, waiting for the Silver Surfer one proved the correct move (avoiding the double dip).
    Marvel Horror Omnibus!!! I need the solicit details of the contents! At face value sounds like something I'd get if it's Satana, Living Mummy, Morbius, The Zombie Simon Garth etc, etc type fare.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime