Page 919 of 1383 FirstFirst ... 4198198699099159169179189199209219229239299691019 ... LastLast
Results 13,771 to 13,785 of 20743
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE INCREDIBLE HULK VOL. 13 HC
    Written by LEN WEIN with ROGER STERN, JIM STARLIN & DAVID ANTHONY KRAFT
    Penciled by SAL BUSCEMA with GEORGE TUSKA, KEITH POLLARD, JIM STARLIN & HERB TRIMPE
    Cover by ERNIE CHAN
    Bruce Banner’s in the big city — and New Yorkers are earning their reputation for not being the friendliest bunch! The Quintronic Man, the Constrictor and Jack of Hearts all have it out for Banner, and that means the Hulk’s gonna take a gamma-green bite out of the Big Apple! Then, Hulk heads upstate — straight up, to the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier — to battle the Bi-Beast! Both brutes are presumed dead in the aftermath of this cataclysmic clash, but will this mean some rare peace for the Hulk? Sadly no, because no man is an island — and when Hulk washes ashore, trouble comes to him in writer Roger Stern’s dazzling debut! Also featuring monster and mystic team-ups with Doctor Strange and Doctor Druid and a classic Hulk tale by Jim Starlin! Collecting INCREDIBLE HULK (1968) #210-222 and ANNUAL #6.
    288 PGS./Rated T …$75.00

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE MIGHTY THOR VOL. 18 HC
    Written by ROY THOMAS with DON GLUT, DON THOMPSON, MAGGIE THOMPSON, MARK GRUENWALD & RALPH MACCHIO
    Penciled by JOHN BUSCEMA & KEITH POLLARD with WALTER SIMONSON, ALAN KUPPERBERG, WAYNE BORING & ARVELL JONES
    Cover by WALTER SIMONSON
    Prepare now — the Celestials are coming! Roy Thomas and Walter Simonson usher in the era of the Eternals, and it may mean death for all mankind. Thus begins the unbelievable war between gods known as the Celestial Saga! It’s a tale that ranks among the greatest Thor adventures of all time, and it’s a must-have for Marvel fans! Thor confronts Odin with questions about Ragnarok, his mother and the threat of the Celestials — but the All-Father withholds the truth. A Thunder God must have answers, and so Thor sets out on a quest that will bring him face-to-face with the Eternals — and the towering Fourth Host of the Celestials! Also featuring the triumvirate of terror that is Loki, Pluto and Ulik; Thor vs. Hyperion; and an Asgardian adaptation of the famous Trojan Horse! Collecting THOR (1966) #279-290 and ANNUAL #7-8.
    312 PGS./Rated T …$75.00

So with all the obvious love for Mr. Byrne by Marvel collections dept, I wonder if we'll ever see his Namor series from the 80's ever done properly in a complete collection or (dare I say it) an omnibus?
    Maybe that'll come out whenever they do another FF movie via MCU, and drop Namor in there. We could get a Subby silver age v1 omni of the 1st 3 MMWs, and Byrne's Namor series in a larger omni. I really liked that series when I was a kid. Fingers crossed.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    So with all the obvious love for Mr. Byrne by Marvel collections dept, I wonder if we'll ever see his Namor series from the 80's ever done properly in a complete collection or (dare I say it) an omnibus?
    Not the '80s, but the '90s - even the cover for his first issue made a point of it!

But yeah, at 25 issues, and some side stuff here and there, it would make for a perfect Omnibus.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    Oh ok. The first 2 are probably the best, right?
    Currently almost through the second one and it is fantastic. I like it more than the first book, actually. Super enjoyable (except I do not understand the Lukin/Red Skull thing AT ALL, but still). Bought all 5 on a recommendation from my brother and he was right, so far it's great stuff.

The Marvel Horror and Everett Sub-Mariner omnibus are very tempting. Especially the Everett one. Although I don't know how much I'd want to reread either of them. The horror book probably feels disjointed.

Hopefully Man-Wolf's lack of inclusion here means we'll get a complete collection that grabs everything he's been in.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The Horror Omnibus is a valid exception in that these characters are thematically linked even if they don't tell a cohesive story. Typically I prefer my Omnis to be either about sequential issues in a run or tell a specific story(events, creator runs). Since these horror characters individually don't have runs of prominent length I'm ok with grouping them together like this. At least within each character you'll get either a run.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    The Marvel Horror and Everett Sub-Mariner omnibus are very tempting. Especially the Everett one. Although I don't know how much I'd want to reread either of them. The horror book probably feels disjointed.

Hopefully Man-Wolf's lack of inclusion here means we'll get a complete collection that grabs everything he's been in.
    If you're a fan of Man-Wolf, and you haven't read yet read it, I recommend Gerry Conway's and Mike Perkin's 16-issue run of Carnage (2015). It's a pretty good read and Man-Wolf is a major character throughout the run.

Thor question (tried to look it up but it feels like the safe bet is to ask here)
    I got Aaron's God of Thunder ohc vol 1-2 and then the Thor ohc vol 1-2 (Female Thor run). And that's it so far right? Is there any new ohc announced yet?
    Also I know that technically Thor becomes unworthy at the end of Original sin but it gets revealed what he actually got whispered in the Thor series right? I really didn't care for Original Sin and it feels like the only connection to Aaron's Thor run is that one little scene which I already know about so I don't feel the need to own that mediocre event.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Thor question (tried to look it up but it feels like the safe bet is to ask here)
    I got Aaron's God of Thunder ohc vol 1-2 and then the Thor ohc vol 1-2 (Female Thor run). And that's it so far right? Is there any new ohc announced yet?
    Also I know that technically Thor becomes unworthy at the end of Original sin but it gets revealed what he actually got whispered in the Thor series right? I really didn't care for Original Sin and it feels like the only connection to Aaron's Thor run is that one little scene which I already know about so I don't feel the need to own that mediocre event.
    That is correct. I believe the volume 3 hardcover releases sometime in May. I don't blame you for skipping the Original Sin hardcover, such a botched event.

Edit: I "think" the whisper reveal comes in a separate "Unworthy Thor" mini series they did. I'm not sure if it will be collected in the hardcover or not.
    Last edited by OldManBrian; 02-25-2019 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    That is correct. I believe the volume 3 hardcover releases sometime in May. I don't blame you for skipping the Original Sin hardcover, such a botched event.

Edit: I "think" the whisper reveal comes in a separate "Unworthy Thor" mini series they did. I'm not sure if it will be collected in the hardcover or not.
    thanks! Had a look and found the 3rd ohc on amazon and wow it's gonna be over 500 pages. Nice! Hopefully they will fit in Unworthy as well I really don't wanna buy a separate flimsy trade if thtat storyline is essential but not included in the ohcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    thanks! Had a look and found the 3rd ohc on amazon and wow it's gonna be over 500 pages. Nice! Hopefully they will fit in Unworthy as well I really don't wanna buy a separate flimsy trade if thtat storyline is essential but not included in the ohcs.
    I was hoping the same thing as the Unworthy Thor TPB is very thin & petite.

However IIRC, Unworthy Thor will not be included in the 3rd OHC Volume of Thor

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Thor by Jason Aaron & Russell Dauterman Vol. 3

COLLECTING: MIGHTY THOR (2015) 13-23, 700-706, GENERATIONS: THE UNWORTHY THOR & THE MIGHTY THOR 1, MIGHTY THOR: AT THE GATES OF VALHALLA
    Is this the 3rd Volume you guys are talking about? If so, would that Generations: The Unworthy Thor be the whisper revelation part of the story?

Is this the 3rd Volume you guys are talking about? If so, would that Generations: The Unworthy Thor be the whisper revelation part of the story?
    yeah that's the one. And I hope so.

Mighty Member

The Generations: Unworthy Thor & Mighty Thor was one of several one shots Marvel published featuring legacy characters and their counterparts. This was part of the short-lived "Legacy" rebrand right before Cebulski took over as EiC.

The whisper revelation took place in Unworthy Thor (issue 4 i believe) which, as pointed out, won't be collected in the ohc, but undoubtedly will be in the complete collections and eventual omnis.