Page 92 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 42828889909192939495961021421925921092 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 20773

I got the opportunity to pick up some Wolverine HCs from a store near my in-laws' house over the Christmas holidays. Namely Wolverine: Rot and Wolverine: Sabretooth Reborn. Both were 50% off the US cover price.

Not sure if they're good yet (these and Wolverine: Covenant represent the run between the end of Jason Aaron and the start of Paul Cornell, and I don't like having gaps). There were a number of other Wolverine HCs for half-price there (like "Logan" and "Not Dead Yet"); does anyone have thoughts on these?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    I got the opportunity to pick up some Wolverine HCs from a store near my in-laws' house over the Christmas holidays. Namely Wolverine: Rot and Wolverine: Sabretooth Reborn. Both were 50% off the US cover price.

Not sure if they're good yet (these and Wolverine: Covenant represent the run between the end of Jason Aaron and the start of Paul Cornell, and I don't like having gaps). There were a number of other Wolverine HCs for half-price there (like "Logan" and "Not Dead Yet"); does anyone have thoughts on these?
    Logan is very good, but very short. It's also not a story that explores new grounds, but it's expertly executed. But still, it's very short.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    Any other OHC-waiters a little bummed that Avengers: Time Runs Out comes out about 4 months after the Secret Wars OHC?
    I'm not only because I'm not reading the new Avenger runs and I quit reading Secret Wars because (a) it was dragged out and (b) it kept getting delayed. That said, I will get the Avengers book.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Don't worry. I'm sure Secret Wars 9 will be delayed until at least that long.
    Agreed.

Is the Aaron Goddess of Thunder stuff collected in TPB? All I could find was the HC?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Is the Aaron Goddess of Thunder stuff collected in TPB? All I could find was the HC?
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/078519...son+aaron+thor

To be released in February.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Thanks! Wish they were more current on it, mt daughter saw the ladythor via Squirrel Girl TBP and I would have loved to have gotten her it when the interest level was high.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post

The stuff between Aaron and Cornell was water-treading - not a fan. Of that Aaron era, I'd say Wolverine's Revenge was the must-read, although I liked the two that followed more (maybe the first time I warmed to Aaron).

I liked the entire series of Wolverine: Origins, but I'm definitely in the minority. If they have NOW stuff, Savage Wolverine Vol. 3 and 4 were great anthology books, some of my favorite Wolverine stories of recent years.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Spectacular Member

Anyone with the Guardians solo omnibus confirm that strange tales 178 and 179 aren't included, if so does that mean reading 180 and 181 mean there is some missed story and that I need to purchase another collection to read those 2 issues? Also no Marvel Team Up 55? http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Marvel_Team-Up_Vol_1_55 as it seems it is a prequel to Avengers Annual 7/ Marvel Two In One Annual #2. Thanks for any info.

The omnibus is 60% off too this week at IST http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marv...S-HC/MAY150817

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    Anyone with the Guardians solo omnibus confirm that strange tales 178 and 179 aren't included, if so does that mean reading 180 and 181 mean there is some missed story and that I need to purchase another collection to read those 2 issues? Also no Marvel Team Up 55? http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Marvel_Team-Up_Vol_1_55 as it seems it is a prequel to Avengers Annual 7/ Marvel Two In One Annual #2. Thanks for any info.

The omnibus is 60% off too this week at IST http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marv...S-HC/MAY150817
    These issues are not included. They have the paragraph summaries at the beginning of each issue that does not have the immediately preceding story issue. So depends on how badly you want to read those issues if you want to track down any other collections.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

received my UXF Omnibus yesterday. About to start reading it

Quote Originally Posted by World1 View Post
    received my UXF Omnibus yesterday. About to start reading it
    I hope you didn't spend too much on that. All those issues are free with a subscription to Marvel Digital Unlimited.

Spectacular Member

I've just finished reading the Avengers by Busiek Vol 2 omni. Absolutely loved it, I really liked Vol 1 but thought these stories were stronger overall. I thought Maximum Security was great, and liked how spoilers:
    Kang made a comeback for the final arc, plus how Tremont tied into everything. The last five or so issues were my favorite of Busiek's entire run. I particularly liked the Scarlet Witch/Wonder Man imprisonment issue. #55 was magnificently written, the way the Avengers dealt with Duane's death but also how you could really feel Iron Man's pain.
    end of spoilers I'm feeling withdrawals so I'm re-reading Busiek's Iron Man omni!

Related to Avengers v3, how does the rest of the run rate? Aside from Disassembled, I've never really seen it discussed. Looking on Amazon, Chuck Austen's issues seem to be universally disliked (and are long out of print) but Johns' run seems to rate better. Opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    Related to Avengers v3, how does the rest of the run rate? Aside from Disassembled, I've never really seen it discussed. Looking on Amazon, Chuck Austen's issues seem to be universally disliked (and are long out of print) but Johns' run seems to rate better. Opinions?
    Johns' run is alright. It's nothing spectacular but it's certainly not bad. Austen's run, as expected, is bad, but it's only 8 (?) issues, not a huge investment if you do want to read all of v3.

All-New Member

Is there anywhere on the internet that keeps track of the back matter and extra content in these books?

I was trying to find out if the Hawkeye omnibus had anything extra in it as opposed to the 2 OHCs but couldn't find any info.
    Also, does the Powers omnibus have more extra stuff than the OHC Definitive Collections? Surely the name would suggest not but then why bother making an omnibus? Does it actually have less?

I doubt the back matter is a high priority when deciding to buy a book as surely the story and artwork are the main selling points but I would be interested if there is somewhere that lists this content for different editions.

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSmith24 View Post
    Is there anywhere on the internet that keeps track of the back matter and extra content in these books?

I was trying to find out if the Hawkeye omnibus had anything extra in it as opposed to the 2 OHCs but couldn't find any info.
    Also, does the Powers omnibus have more extra stuff than the OHC Definitive Collections? Surely the name would suggest not but then why bother making an omnibus? Does it actually have less?

I doubt the back matter is a high priority when deciding to buy a book as surely the story and artwork are the main selling points but I would be interested if there is somewhere that lists this content for different editions.
    For years I've dreamt of creating a site for this sort of info to let people know why Version A of something is better or worse than Version B, but I'll never get round to it because it could never be completed and why start something I can't finish?

Just on the subject of the Powers hardcovers though, I remember the first few books had terrible binding so I imagine the Omnibus fixes that problem, at least. And they did have nice extras, as I recall. It seems fair to presume that it would ALL be in there, but then the Ultimate Spider-Man Omnibus (also by Bendis) fell just short of reproducing all the extra content from the books it collected.