Page 923 of 988 FirstFirst ... 423823873913919920921922923924925926927933973 ... LastLast
Results 13,831 to 13,845 of 14812
  1. #13831
    Spectacular Member World1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    Thanks for sharing. What's the timeline (assuming it happens) of the "What If?" being collected into Omnibus format? Having just started collecting again and jumping straight to omnibus I'm a bit confused on the order of releases as they're restored. I'm considering ordering one of the Marvel Epic books just to check out the format.
    Hey I'm from AR too!

  2. #13832
    Amazing Member Seeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    AR, USA
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    There really is no concrete pattern as to which Omnibuses they release or the time gap before or after the release of material in TPB format. The clone saga was released as Omnibuses and reprinted in TPB at moreorless the same time whereas some material never sees the Omnibus light of day although it gets printed in other formats. The only indicator we have is the release of movies or TV series. When this happens, there is quite a good likelihood of an Omnibus release of the character in question. For example Dr Strange (movie), The Punisher (Netflix), Thanos/Infinity (Avengers movies), Runaways (Hulu series), Carol Danvers (movie)..... This isn't always the case as we didn't see anything for Iron Fist unfortunately, Luke Cage or Black Panther (I reckon we'll see one with the second movie). Personally, I can't see a What If Omnibus happening anytime soon but I could be very wrong as the figures for the TPB are pretty good.
    Thanks, Raffi. It seems the Bronze age material should be entering prime time for sales to collectors who grew up in the 70's-80's. I'm 47 and finally in a position to be able to afford the big books. I took a look at the Epic line but so many of the OOP titles cost as much or more than an Omnibus. I'm going to go ahead and pick up this one with hopes I can replace it with a hc at a later date.

  3. #13833
    Amazing Member Seeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    AR, USA
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by World1 View Post
    Hey I'm from AR too!
    Small world, after all!

  4. #13834
    spit and hades! Andru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,156

    Default

    How are we feeling with Marvel completing their complete collections? My Indredible Hercules collection is broken into OHC, hardcover, & trades. I would love to have it all uniform in complete collections, but I know Marvel has a hit or miss track record. They pumped out Bendis’ Avengers and Slott’s Spider-Man, but completely abandoned The 2000’s X-Factor after 2 volumes.

    I would imagine Indredible Hercules would consist of 3 or 4 volumes, so I am somewhat skeptical since it’s not as popular as Avengers or Spider-Man.

  5. #13835
    BANNED JaffyJayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    155

    Default

    They’ve just started Exiles complete collections too, better not abandon them like they did X-Factor & Generation X.

  6. #13836
    Extraordinary Member DebkoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    6,652

    Default

    Decided to pass on the Avengers Infinity omnibus.
    That is the land of lost content, I see it shining plain, the happy highways where I went and cannot come again.

  7. #13837
    Incredible Member Rimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Sorry to ask a question I should already know, but when (give or take) does IST update their site for the next week's new releases? I know it's on TUE - is it 1PM CT, 2PM CST, or 3PM CST?
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

  8. #13838
    Incredible Member Rimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    How are we feeling with Marvel completing their complete collections? My Indredible Hercules collection is broken into OHC, hardcover, & trades. I would love to have it all uniform in complete collections, but I know Marvel has a hit or miss track record. They pumped out Bendis’ Avengers and Slott’s Spider-Man, but completely abandoned The 2000’s X-Factor after 2 volumes.

    I would imagine Indredible Hercules would consist of 3 or 4 volumes, so I am somewhat skeptical since it’s not as popular as Avengers or Spider-Man.
    Not to be snarky in any way, but I would guess in Herc's case, it'll depend how well vol 1 sells. I believe those PAD X-Factor ones didn't sell, so they stopped the line. They are continuing the F4 by Hickman collections, as an example, so I think the real answer is "if it sells decent, we'll continue until we finish (or it stops selling decently)"

    So only time will tell, but on books like Incredible Herc (which is literally one of my all-time faves!) we all need to buy it when it comes out to help us get a shot at a vol 2, 3, etc...
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

  9. #13839
    spit and hades! Andru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Not to be snarky in any way, but I would guess in Herc's case, it'll depend how well vol 1 sells. I believe those PAD X-Factor ones didn't sell, so they stopped the line. They are continuing the F4 by Hickman collections, as an example, so I think the real answer is "if it sells decent, we'll continue until we finish (or it stops selling decently)"

    So only time will tell, but on books like Incredible Herc (which is literally one of my all-time faves!) we all need to buy it when it comes out to help us get a shot at a vol 2, 3, etc...
    My fear is it will be a low seller Which is such a shame because it is a great run!

    However, IIRC, Bendis' Avengers Complete Collections were being solicited one after the other, without any sales history. So before volume 1 was ever out, volumes 2 & 3 were already announced.

    Same with the recent solicitations for the New Mutants Complete Collections. Well's New Mutants run was quickly followed by DNA's volume 1 & 2 which collected all 50 issues of New Mutants volume 3.

    So crossing my fingers Incredible Herc vol 2 is announced in the next few months!

  10. #13840
    Fantastic Member OldManBrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    431

    Default

    Oh the sad irony of an incomplete Complete Collection.

  11. #13841
    Fantastic Member ShooCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Oh the sad irony of an incomplete Complete Collection.
    Lol. 'Incomplete Collection' just doesn't have the same ring to it, does it?

  12. #13842
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    3,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Oh the sad irony of an incomplete Complete Collection.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Lol. 'Incomplete Collection' just doesn't have the same ring to it, does it?
    DC should coin the phrase for pretty much all of its trade lines...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  13. #13843
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JaffyJayne View Post
    They’ve just started Exiles complete collections too, better not abandon them like they did X-Factor & Generation X.
    What’s different between the new Exiles Complete Collections and the Ultimate Collections they released several years ago? (I wish they’d skip these stupid trades and just make an Omnibus for Exiles already)

  14. #13844
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Cologne, Germany
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    What’s different between the new Exiles Complete Collections and the Ultimate Collections they released several years ago? (I wish they’d skip these stupid trades and just make an Omnibus for Exiles already)
    I seldomly drop In here these days but I can help with that one: as far as I know no difference butI don't own the new version (by name only it seems). It was published to go along with the new Exiles series that naturally is already cancelled (or finished). So if you hope for more reprints don't get your hopes up. Last month I read every Exiles collection ever collected. Lots of mediocre issues, very few bad once and some great.

  15. #13845
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    3,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Sorry to ask a question I should already know, but when (give or take) does IST update their site for the next week's new releases? I know it's on TUE - is it 1PM CT, 2PM CST, or 3PM CST?
    Tuesdays, for you in St.Louis, MO, which is Central Time that would be 2pm...give or take.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •