Page 924 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 4248248749149209219229239249259269279289349741024 ... LastLast
Results 13,846 to 13,860 of 20754
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaffyJayne View Post
    No, why would anyone post a post saying “please delete” meaning the post?
    We appreciate your concern but you misread Rimmer's post. Rimmer is one of this thread's longtime members and we all understood his "delete" comment referred only to his post. I see you've only been with us a short while (welcome btw) and you didn't understand that he simply wanted to back out his post.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I notice IST only has the Direct Market Variant MMW Daredevil vol.13 edition.
    Did they sell out of the standard (original cover) one or did they not ship?

Anyone know?
    Yes, I noticed this also. I believe this was also the case with the previous MMW they had on offer. Strange!

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    We appreciate your concern but you misread Rimmer's post. Rimmer is one of this thread's longtime members and we all understood his "delete" comment referred only to his post. I see you've only been with us a short while (welcome btw) and you didn't understand that he simply wanted to back out his post.
    Sorry everyone, I meant "please delete this post."

I asked about the Spidey Omni vol 1 reprint not showing up on TOW - I emailed them, apparently they missed it - and they emailed me back quickly and stated they now posted it, which they did.
    So I removed my post as it came and went within 10 mins or so, and was no longer applicable.

I like this forum, I don't want anyone to delete it. And besides, who would listen to little ole' me anyways even if I wanted it deleted? ha ha

Have a nice day everyone!
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Spectacular Member

I have Fraction’s Hawkeye omnibus, will the Lemire hardcover complete the Hawkeye run? It says volume three.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, I noticed this also. I believe this was also the case with the previous MMW they had on offer. Strange!
    It was actually the reverse with Luke Cage 3; they didn't get the variant until 2 weeks later. A MUCH more serious concern!! That run was only 594.

Edit: Just saw DD is only 649 surprising! Either way standard cover should have enough copies to not worry about a preorder run wiping out the run.
    Last edited by Brewman; 03-14-2019 at 04:17 PM.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by koonfasa View Post
    I have Fraction’s Hawkeye omnibus, will the Lemire hardcover complete the Hawkeye run? It says volume three.
    His series is separate from Fraction's and I found it much worse. But the answer you're probably looking for is yes, Fraction's Hawkeye was originally releases in OHC as the volume 1 and 2. I'd love a volume 4 that covers Kelly Thompson's Hawkeye run, that was a great series.
    I wrote a program that automatically sends emails when new Marvel titles are added on the hachette site. If you'd like to be added to the mailing list, just send an email to marvelcollectionsnews@gmail.com letting me know.

Extraordinary Member

So I picked up the Fantastic Four: Heroes Return TPB. It's the weakest of the Heroes Return titles (the others being Avengers, Iron Man, Thor and Waid's second try on Captain America) but I like that whole Heroes Return era too much to pass it up, and the Larroca/Thibert make a good art team.

Anyway I am still amazed at how content-free Ralph Macchio's introductions are. The thing about this title is that Scott Lobdell and Alan Davis were the creative team, and then after three issues they were gone, and Chris Claremont (who had just rejoined Marvel in a staff job) jumped on as writer with Larroca as penciller. I don't know exactly why Lobdell and Davis left and though Macchio wasn't editing this title, I'm pretty sure he must know something about what happened. Here's how he covers it:

"After that duo's handful of exceptional issues, the writing and art chores were then seamlessly passed to Chris Claremont and Salvador Larroca."
    I don't mean to sound like I'm making fun of Mr. Macchio; I just find this approach to introductions unhelpful. He hypes every story and every creative team as if it was the best ever.

Extraordinary Member

How do people here feel about buying runs you already have in a different format? I have Hickmans Avengers and the original Infinity Gauntlet due to an awesome poster here, but I am considering possibly purchasing the upcoming Infinity omnibus which combines both

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    How do people here feel about buying runs you already have in a different format? I have Hickmans Avengers and the original Infinity Gauntlet due to an awesome poster here, but I am considering possibly purchasing the upcoming Infinity omnibus which combines both
    I often upgrade to Omnibus or other deluxe format for runs I really enjoy. I passed on the Infinity by Starlin and Hickman since the 2 stores are mostly unrelated. Instead I got the Thanos Origins Omni and Hickman Avengers Omni. They cover both stories are include the other related material. That way I have the full runs for both instead of “Best Of” type collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I often upgrade to Omnibus or other deluxe format for runs I really enjoy. I passed on the Infinity by Starlin and Hickman since the 2 stores are mostly unrelated. Instead I got the Thanos Origins Omni and Hickman Avengers Omni. They cover both stories are include the other related material. That way I have the full runs for both instead of “Best Of” type collection.
    What is the Thanos Origins Omnibus? I have been wanting to collect Infinity Gauntlet for some time but cannot find it in OHC anywhere.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    What is the Thanos Origins Omnibus? I have been wanting to collect Infinity Gauntlet for some time but cannot find it in OHC anywhere.
    https://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/t...arlin-cvr.html It does not contain Gauntlet. It is all the Thanos before Gauntlet.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    https://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/t...arlin-cvr.html It does not contain Gauntlet. It is all the Thanos before Gauntlet.
    Damn! I would have definitely picked it up if it contained Infinity Gauntlet as well.

I usually order from ISt .......... plan on ordering some books later.
    But because of the quick turn around on DM Marvel Omnibuses
    I decided to give Tales Of Wonder a shot (I know they are part of IST)
    and ordered the Neal Adam DM cover for Avengers Omnibus vol.4 today
    I will se how it turns out and if good, will use them for future possible hot books
    and continue with In Stock Trades for everything else.

I've had good luck with TOW. They often have titles priced less than IST and free shipping to boot.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I usually order from ISt .......... plan on ordering some books later.
    But because of the quick turn around on DM Marvel Omnibuses
    I decided to give Tales Of Wonder a shot (I know they are part of IST)
    and ordered the Neal Adam DM cover for Avengers Omnibus vol.4 today
    I will se how it turns out and if good, will use them for future possible hot books
    and continue with In Stock Trades for everything else.
    How was the price difference? And let us know how the turnaround is on that order. I might pre-order the ASM v4 DM Omni through them, as I am positive that will move fast...Avengers v4, too.