Page 925 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 4258258759159219229239249259269279289299359751025 ... LastLast
Results 13,861 to 13,875 of 20730

I had to pay $52 for the $100 book
    and than $3+ for taxes and another 3+ for shipping.
    I probably could have gotten it for a little less from IST
    and for sure shipping would be free.
    But either way the tax would be included.
    Bottom line is the comfort and assurance one gets in ordering
    before it goes up for regular sale.
    What would I save if I wait? $5, $6, $7 ?
    is it worth having to be on line waiting for the second they become
    available to order from IST? knowing I had to order quickly because
    the DM cover could sell out any time?
    I expect the cover to last two hours and the Amazing Spider-Man
    to sell out in less time.
    I remember seeing the DM Conan available from TOW and thinking
    it would sell fast, but not as fast as it did on IST and passed on' it
    and lost it on IST.
    And when I looked back on TOW they had just a few left and the price was
    raised to $100.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I usually order from ISt .......... plan on ordering some books later.
    But because of the quick turn around on DM Marvel Omnibuses
    I decided to give Tales Of Wonder a shot (I know they are part of IST)
    and ordered the Neal Adam DM cover for Avengers Omnibus vol.4 today
    I will se how it turns out and if good, will use them for future possible hot books
    and continue with In Stock Trades for everything else.
    I did this 3 weeks ago as well.
    It is, as you noted, worth the $5-7 piece of mind.

Now, if I'm able I may still hit up IST just in case.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I usually order from ISt .......... plan on ordering some books later.
    But because of the quick turn around on DM Marvel Omnibuses
    I decided to give Tales Of Wonder a shot (I know they are part of IST)
    and ordered the Neal Adam DM cover for Avengers Omnibus vol.4 today
    I will se how it turns out and if good, will use them for future possible hot books
    and continue with In Stock Trades for everything else.
    this is exactly what I do. For DM covers, I would order from TOW preorder. YOu're then gauranteed the cover you want, and no worrying about jumping in line at the exact time on a TUE.
    For trades, omnis with only 1 cover, etc... I still use IST.

One of the big differences is IST has free ship with $50+, while TOW has free ship with $100+. So you can group several omnis together on a preorder, but they won't ship until the last one hits the market, but then you still get free shipping and gauranteed the cover you want. that's what I do. LIke I preordered Avengers 4 + Infinity Origins omnis. My avengers won't ship until next week when the Thanos book drops, but I can wait, and I'll get DM covers on both.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Since I have been enjoying Immortal Hulk, and they are going to collect this run in OHC format, I have been tempted to collect some other Hulk stories...because apparently I can't be satisfied with just one Hulk collection

As of right now I am leaning heavily toward the Planet Hulk & World War Hulk omnis. Any opinions on these two omnibus?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Since I have been enjoying Immortal Hulk, and they are going to collect this run in OHC format, I have been tempted to collect some other Hulk stories...because apparently I can't be satisfied with just one Hulk collection

As of right now I am leaning heavily toward the Planet Hulk & World War Hulk omnis. Any opinions on these two omnibus?
    Planet Hulk is a gem and one of Hulk's modern classic. Very streamlined story and new-reader friendly. World War Hulk is the continuation of Planet Hulk. Not the best story but awesome to see Hulk beat the crap out of people.

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    Planet Hulk is a gem and one of Hulk's modern classic. Very streamlined story and new-reader friendly. World War Hulk is the continuation of Planet Hulk. Not the best story but awesome to see Hulk beat the crap out of people.
    What's the overall consensus on the original Planet Hulk OHC vs. the PLanet Hulk omni? I see the omni includes a few (earlier) issues of the Hulk and F4, but otherwise seems about the same contents as the OHC. If one were to get the OHC, would they be missing anything?
    Im seeing the OHC going for really cheap prices vs the omni, and since I'm not a "have to get the omnibus!" guy, i'm leaning towards finally getting the OHC. Thoughts?
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Excellent, thank you! Going to jump on these sooner than later so I don't run into any issues of them going out of print!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    What's the overall consensus on the original Planet Hulk OHC vs. the PLanet Hulk omni? I see the omni includes a few (earlier) issues of the Hulk and F4, but otherwise seems about the same contents as the OHC. If one were to get the OHC, would they be missing anything?
    Im seeing the OHC going for really cheap prices vs the omni, and since I'm not a "have to get the omnibus!" guy, i'm leaning towards finally getting the OHC. Thoughts?
    I have the OHC of Planet Hulk. The upgrade to the Omni wasn’t worth it for me. Plus the OHC has excellent binding and paper. But I’m like you...I don’t need the Omni of everything.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisko View Post
    I have the OHC of Planet Hulk. The upgrade to the Omni wasn’t worth it for me. Plus the OHC has excellent binding and paper. But I’m like you...I don’t need the Omni of everything.
    What Chrisko said. The OHC has the faux leather and the thicker quality paper. If I hadn't already had the OHC, I might have picked up the Omnibus as that is my favourite format. However, saying that, I'm very happy with the OHC and it sits next to the World War Hulk Omnibus on my shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post

What mzqamarul wrote. Planet Hulk is a classic and the superior of the two. WWH isn’t bad, a lot of scraps. The Omnibus is very exhaustive and has all the tie-ins. Some are pretty good, some okayish.

I noticed the ASM newspaper strip was coming to an end this week. It made me curious about reading the ASM Ultimate Newspaper Comics Collection volumes. Anyone own/read these and can you recommend them or no?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    I noticed the ASM newspaper strip was coming to an end this week. It made me curious about reading the ASM Ultimate Newspaper Comics Collection volumes. Anyone own/read these and can you recommend them or no?
    I enjoy them. I'm up to the third volume currently with four waiting to be read. It's a different take on Spidey, but interesting nonetheless. I'm a huge fan, so I'd recommend giving them a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by SermonsDomain View Post
    I enjoy them. I'm up to the third volume currently with four waiting to be read. It's a different take on Spidey, but interesting nonetheless. I'm a huge fan, so I'd recommend giving them a shot.
    Thanks! Added to my list.

Spectacular Member

Yeah you can also buy the Prelude to Planet Hulk TPB + Planet Hulk OHC for the same contents which I presume is cheaper than the omni. I read Planet Hulk OHC and don't feel the prelude material is important. Prelude basically covers the motivations of certain characters on why they did what they did to Hulk and IIRC those are recapped in the character conversations early on in Planet Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    I have the first two volumes by IDW. I haven't read them yet but they are beautifully put together. I'm thinking of picking up volumes 3-4.

Quote Originally Posted by SermonsDomain View Post
    Are you talking about the hardcover editions released by IDW? If so, they have only released four volumes, with Vol. 5 planned for a June 2019 release. Your comment gives us seven.