Page 931 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 4318318819219279289299309319329339349359419811031 ... LastLast
Results 13,951 to 13,965 of 20767
    All-New Member

Also, for those that didn’t get to see the listing, IST priced the DM variant at $58 instead of $50 like the standard cover. I know they’ve done that before, but I haven’t noticed it in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by knapp40 View Post
    but I didn't get the Thanos DM that just came out because too much of it was already collected in the Solo Guardians Omni that you can get on eBay for less than $30 dollars.
    The Strange Tales and Warlock issues that Stalin did in the '70s aren't in the Solo Guardians Omni, I don't think.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    The Strange Tales and Warlock issues that Stalin did in the '70s aren't in the Solo Guardians Omni, I don't think.
    Solo Classic has Strange Tales 180-181 and Warlock 9-11 & 15. You gain 178 & 179 and Warlock 12-14 by getting Thanos Wars Omni. Also Captain Marvel 25, 26 & 34 over the Guardians for Starlin stuff. I was torn but wound up triple dipping on this. I have the CM & Warlock Masterworks and the Guardians Solo Omni, but it will be nice to have it ALL in one OHC.

Edit: Almost forgot Marvel Graphic Novel 1 not in Guardians but in Thanos Wars.
    Last edited by Brewman; 03-26-2019 at 05:36 PM.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Recently became interested in collecting Pete David's Hulk per some recommendations on the forum...Assuming epics are the best route for this?

Tried doing some research on my own, but wow...David wrote A LOT of Hulk.

Out of the 4 released epics (Ghosts of Future Past, Fall of the Pantheon, Ghost of the Past, & Future Imperfect), which are the best?

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Recently became interested in collecting Pete David's Hulk per some recommendations on the forum...Assuming epics are the best route for this?

Out of the 4 released epics (Ghosts of Future Past, Fall of the Pantheon, Ghost of the Past, & Future Imperfect), which are the best?
    The problem I have with these are they are all later in his run. I’d have preferred a couple Epics from the start of David’s long tenure on the title.

Quote Originally Posted by knapp40 View Post
    The trouble is that people are buying them cheap on IST and then turn around and flip them on eBay or Amazon or some other online marketplace. Also IST is one of a handful of places that sell the DM variants at such a initial steep discount (on top of orders that are 50 dollars or more are free shipping). It's also a speculation thing, and with the Avengers Movie coming out (see the DM for Avengers Omnibus vol 4 that sold out in 2 or 3 hours) and Thanos being a major villain in the movie, those collected editions will sell out fast because people think that they'll be able to either flip them or they'll be worth a lot of money in a few months / years. This reminds me a lot of the 90's comic bubble, with all of the speculation and hording of various covers.
    I completely agree. Same goes for the scarcity/inflated spec prices of the core Marvel omni collections that should be readily available.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Comic sales are way down, and all of a sudden this lack of DM variants? No...I think less are being printed.

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Goblin Nation and Assassin Nation are the two Spidey ones for 2019. I think they stick with 2-3 a year for him. There are two X-Men ones, as well - v4 (the catch-all collection before Giant Size, I think) and Dissolution and Rebirth (248-267) this year. We don't know anything about winter releases yet

Thank you! Well still not the Spidey Epics I want or need, of course, but they'll come out hopefully before I die. I'll get those later X-Men ones though since I missed the Claremont/Lee omnis.

On the other note, I'm also surprised to see the DM variant covers selling so fast. Thankfully I'm not an Avengers fan as those recent ones went quick! I've got ASM omni 4 preordered from ToW to help preserve my sanity.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    The problem I have with these are they are all later in his run. I’d have preferred a couple Epics from the start of David’s long tenure on the title.
    The Hulk Visionaries: Peter David volumes (all 8 of them!) collect #331-396, with the first Epic Collection (I believe?) starting with #397. I'm sure we will get 3 or 4 Epics re-collecting those early issues sooner than later, now that the Visionaries books are all OOP.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Thank you! Well still not the Spidey Epics I want or need, of course, but they'll come out hopefully before I die. I'll get those later X-Men ones though since I missed the Claremont/Lee omnis.
    Which Spidey ones are you waiting for? I'm getting really annoyed we don't have Gang War yet, would like to see some attention paid to the era that's mostly uncollected (more or less what I'm guessing would be ASM Epics v8-12) and I'm champing at the bit for some SSM collections
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    The Hulk Visionaries: Peter David volumes (all 8 of them!) collect #331-396, with the first Epic Collection (I believe?) starting with #397. I'm sure we will get 3 or 4 Epics re-collecting those early issues sooner than later, now that the Visionaries books are all OOP.
    I love Peter Davids Hulk. I wanted to check it out so started picking up the Epics and it exceeded my expectations. I recommend picking them up. I would start by going in order with what is available.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Does Marvel go back to print on any of their epics?

I was just barely able to snag Kraven's Last Hunt, but The Hulk Must Die and Spider-Man: Ghosts of the Past are currently out of reach. Is there no hope for me?
    Miller was right.

Random question: can anyone here tell me what the print quality of the Wolverine: Dying Game Epic Collection is like? Specifically the first 4 issues?

I'm thinking of picking it up, but from reading the digital edition, the reproduction quality of #s 87 to 90 aren't great. They're clearly from poor scans of the printed comics. Everything after #90 is great though. Is the printed copy like this as well?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post

I was just barely able to snag Kraven's Last Hunt, but The Hulk Must Die and Spider-Man: Ghosts of the Past are currently out of reach. Is there no hope for me?
    They've gone back to print on some Epics (two recent examples listed on the Previews site here and here), but who knows what the criteria is for getting a new printing.

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post

A lot of the volume 1s are already on second or third prints. A later title like Ghosts of the Past may not be reprinted as often, but it's definitely not impossible that it will be reprinted. Most reprints aren't solicited like the Iron Fist reprint was, so I guess just keep checking to see if it comes back in stock.
    I wrote a program that automatically sends emails when new Marvel titles are added on the hachette site. If you'd like to be added to the mailing list, just send an email to marvelcollectionsnews@gmail.com letting me know.