Page 935 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 4358358859259319329339349359369379389399459851035 ... LastLast
Results 14,011 to 14,025 of 20773
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by T.D. View Post
    I have a question about the Miles Morales Omnibus. It's listed under "Stock Running Low" on the recent list (thanks for that btw, TurtleDog) but as far as I can tell it's only available on the secondhand market. What's the threshold that a book needs to cross to be considered "out of print"?
    Five copies left at Amazon Canada. Pretty much out of stock. I expect it to be official any time now.

Spectacular Member

IST has the Adams variant of Avengers 4 omnibus again.

https://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Mar...-VAR/SEP181000

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    IST has the Adams variant of Avengers 4 omnibus again.

https://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Mar...-VAR/SEP181000
    That’s the one that I want. Makes me wonder, what variant covers of Omnibuses do people here prefer to buy? Original cover variant or the all new art variant by a current artist? For me it’s the original every time, especially with the Avengers Omnibuses where the last few have been original classic covers by John Buscema and now Neal Adams.

I prefer the DM variants every time.
    I missed out on the Barry Smith Conan The Barbarian cover
    and never purchased the book.
    Now when volume two spins around, if I never gotten around to
    buying the first omnibus, I for sure will not be ordering the second and
    may just never get around to bothering with the series.
    Marvel needs to realize that some of there series are must buys and
    some a will try buys or kind of want buys and when they
    lose the sale because of some hideous cover, they may not be able to
    entice that person to buy the next book (hoping they may have faith the
    first volume will see a re-print or some how they will just crumble to take
    the ugly cover--------I might have to crumble

Amazing Member

I wish there sas an easy way to collect the Brubacker run of Captain America. Most of the omnis are OOP and the complete collections don't collect the whole run.

Also, looking at my collection, still hoping for an Annihilation reprint. I know it is also available in TPB now, but I wish I had the whole series in omni.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    That’s the one that I want. Makes me wonder, what variant covers of Omnibuses do people here prefer to buy? Original cover variant or the all new art variant by a current artist? For me it’s the original every time, especially with the Avengers Omnibuses where the last few have been original classic covers by John Buscema and now Neal Adams.
    I don't mind whichever cover. I go with the modern cover just because those are readily available when I buy at the end of the week at IST, unless it is so atrocious as the aforementioned Cassaday Conan one.

Quote Originally Posted by Author View Post
    I wish there sas an easy way to collect the Brubacker run of Captain America. Most of the omnis are OOP and the complete collections don't collect the whole run.

Also, looking at my collection, still hoping for an Annihilation reprint. I know it is also available in TPB now, but I wish I had the whole series in omni.
    I hold to the assumption that Marvel will eventually reprint their in-demand oop books. There are a lot of other books for me to buy to keep my mind off it.

Incredible Member

On the heels of the Bill Everett Sub-Mariner omni due out in September, more great news for Golden Age fans!

Marvel proudly presents TIMELY'S GREATEST, a series of once-in-a-lifetime Omnibi presenting the greatest stories from the era when Marvel was known as Timely Comics. Marvel's first super hero, the burning-hot hit known as the Human Torch, seared his way into readers' minds in 1939, setting the path for all Marvel icons to come. Carl Burgos' fiery hero wasn't a typical do-gooder; he was a creation of cutting-edge science in a world that was terrifi ed by his burning visage. In this first-time-ever collection of every Human Torch tale from the character's debut through Carl Burgos' April 1942 induction into the war eff ort, you'll experience the birth of Marvel Comics. Also featuring Burgos' rare post-war and 1950s Torch stories and covers.

COLLECTING: MARVEL COMICS 1; MARVEL MYSTERY COMICS 2-34, 83; HUMAN TORCH 2-7, 28; ALL-WINNERS COMICS 1-4; DARING MYSTERY COMICS 7; CAPTAIN AMERICA COMICS 76; YOUNG MEN 24-28

Marvel proudly presents TIMELY'S GREATEST, a series of once-in-a-lifetime volumes presenting the greatest stories of the Golden Age, when Marvel was known as Timely Comics! Joe Simon and Jack Kirby entered the comicbook field separately, and undoubtedly would have made major impacts on their own - but when their talents came together, it wasn't an impact, it was an earthquake. The Simon & Kirby team immediately became synonymous with innovative storytelling, powerful artwork and hit characters. They would birth some of the 1940s' most enduring creations, including the embodiment of a nation's fighting spirit: Captain America! This Omnibus collects Simon & Kirby's Timely Comics stories and covers, from the Vision to the Fiery Mask - and the rare Red Raven!

Collecting: Daring Mystery Comics 1-3, 6-8; Red Raven Comics 1; Marvel Mystery Comics 12-25; Human Torch 2 (1); Captain America Comics 1-10; USA Comics 1-3; All-Winners Comics 1-2; Young Allies Comics 1; Mystic Comics 7
    Last edited by The Lucky One; 04-07-2019 at 07:29 AM.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Author View Post

I'd recommend these TPBs for Brubaker's Cap run. (It's how I have them collected, while patiently awaiting the omni-reprints)

https://www.amazon.com/Captain-Ameri...s=books&sr=1-1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

..As I haven't read these yet can someone confirm this is a good way to do it? I haven't read Brubaker's Cap since it was first out in individual issues.
    Last edited by j0nnyboy; 04-07-2019 at 12:36 PM.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I prefer the DM variants every time.
    I missed out on the Barry Smith Conan The Barbarian cover
    and never purchased the book.
    Now when volume two spins around, if I never gotten around to
    buying the first omnibus, I for sure will not be ordering the second and
    may just never get around to bothering with the series.
    Marvel needs to realize that some of there series are must buys and
    some a will try buys or kind of want buys and when they
    lose the sale because of some hideous cover, they may not be able to
    entice that person to buy the next book (hoping they may have faith the
    first volume will see a re-print or some how they will just crumble to take
    the ugly cover--------I might have to crumble
    I’m with you here. I missed out on Thor Omnibus vol.3 with the classic Jack Kirby drawn cover of Thor #160 and though the variant cover version by current Thor artist, Russell Dauterman is readily available from the shops, I’ve been reluctant to buy it. Not that Dauterman is not a good artist but to me, a new modern cover by a artist who’s work isn’t actually printed inside the product just seems out of sync with the stories and artwork inside.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    On the heels of the Bill Everett Sub-Mariner omni due out in September, more great news for Golden Age fans!

So this book is going to double dip on the GA CapAm Omni vol.1 which has Captain America Comics #1-12.
    Getting this would mean one wants the issues featuring GA Vision, the Fiery Mask and Red Raven.
    Unless someone says otherwise this is at best a hard discount pickup for me as the other 3 characters aren't that much of a draw for me. Most likely a pass though.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    I prefer the original art every time. Most of the new ones are either terrible or just don't fit the period, even when it's an Alex Ross variant.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    So this book is going to double dip on the GA CapAm Omni vol.1 which has Captain America Comics #1-12.
    Getting this would mean one wants the issues featuring GA Vision, the Fiery Mask and Red Raven.
    Unless someone says otherwise this is at best a hard discount pickup for me as the other 3 characters aren't that much of a draw for me. Most likely a pass though.
    Yes, there’s a lot of double-dipping between this and the various GA Masterworks, and/or the GA Cap omni (which just reprinted the first three GA Cap Masterworks in oversized format). The obvious difference is that these omnis are creator/character focused, whereas the Masterworks reprinted ALL of the contents of those issues.

I have heard that this omni line is being remastered, though, which means it’ll look much better than the art in the Masterworks(/GA Cap omni).

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Well, that was there for all of a light second.
    Looks like it is back up! Went to place an order for the Lee version & saw the Starlin version available. So I grabbed the classic cover!

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:20 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    I've never checked out a Star Wars comic before, but I don't want to jump into the middle Trilogy stuff as I'm not some big fan. Would 'The Old Republic: Legends' epic collections be a good jumping on point for someone who is more of a comic fan than Star Wars fan?
    That's probably a good jumping on point, yes. The three Old Republic collections tell a complete story (plus a 6 issue coda of sorts). It's pretty enjoyable. The other out-of-movie-era way to go would be the Legacy collections - two are out now and one would presumably come out sooner or later to finish the story.

The Old Republic story is entirely self-contained - it hints at future events (the KOTOR video games) but it's not necessary to have played them - you get Mandalorians, evil conspiracies, grifters, and a hapless band of heroes trying to save the galaxy. Legacy is my preferred of the two stories, but it requires a bit of knowledge of the post-movie novels of that era to get all the context (who are the Fels, what are the Yuuzhan Vong) and is entirely incompatible with the new movies (if that matters to you).
    Blue text denotes sarcasm