Page 937 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 4378378879279339349359369379389399409419479871037 ... LastLast
Results 14,041 to 14,055 of 20716
    Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    After buying the Alpha Flight omnibus when it came out, I decided to sell it, as I felt bad it had been sitting on my shelf for so long unread.

Of course, the time has come where I want to jump in. Luckily it can still be found at a discount, but my preferred avenue for purchase, IST, is sold out. I suspect it will be OOP at some point this year.

Anyone else sell off any books and come to regret it down the line?
    My copy of Spidey by Stern had some serious misprint damage right in the middle of "The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man." After finishing the book I returned it to Chapters for a refund and never rebought it, as I'd initially bought it at a much better discount.

I've regretted it ever since the book went OOP.

To twist the knife, only very recently have I realized that if you just ask them they'll send you a replacement copy, a policy I couldn't find anywhere on their website.
    Miller was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    After buying the Alpha Flight omnibus when it came out, I decided to sell it, as I felt bad it had been sitting on my shelf for so long unread.

Of course, the time has come where I want to jump in. Luckily it can still be found at a discount, but my preferred avenue for purchase, IST, is sold out. I suspect it will be OOP at some point this year.

Anyone else sell off any books and come to regret it down the line?
    My collection has seen a lot of turnover over the years, and frankly I've regretted buying books far more often than I've regretted selling them.

Still, if there's one that I wouldn't mind having back it's probably the Astonishing X-Men Omnibus. At the time I just wasn't crazy about it, and the OOP prices were tempting enough that I was happy to flip it. Still, if it ever goes back into print I plan to pick it up again.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Depends on your idea of "unfinished." Yes Thanos comes back later but this tells a complete story with definite closure. These are some of my all time favorite comics hence the multiple copies in premium format. The Death of Captain Marvel is possibly the most powerful and emotionally moving comic I have read. Plus they not only introduce Thanos but also the Gems and the Titans. There is also some Cosmic Cube action thrown in for good measure; all wrapped in gorgeous Starlin art. If you like Adam Warlock this is where he is established as he is still portrayed to this day.
    These are absolutely the best Thanos and Captain Marvel stories by a long mile. I love the Infinity Gauntlet but these are the real Thanos stories for me, plus, Adam Warlock and Captain Marvel are just so good!

I picked up the direct market cover for Savage Sword of Conan, but honestly the Del'Otto cover might be the better image. Conan looks like BWS channeled through Alex Ross and Frazetta!

Amazing Member

Thinking about buying the Spider-Man by JMS omnibus volume 1.

I have the volumes 1-4 of the complete collection, but the fifth one is OOP and crazy expensive. I'd prefer having the whole run collected only in omnibus or TPB, but not one part in TPB and the other with the omnibus volume 2.

I plan on getting the J M S Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus.

Extraordinary Member

I'm in the mood for a long read. No more exams and a lot of free time. Is Kurt Busiek's Avengers one of the best runs? I've done Hickman and fancy another long haul. Might get it from comixology.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I'm in the mood for a long read. No more exams and a lot of free time. Is Kurt Busiek's Avengers one of the best runs? I've done Hickman and fancy another long haul. Might get it from comixology.
    For a great long haul read, you should consider the cosmic run in the two Annihilation and three War of Kings omnis. Excellent stuff from start to finish. The Annihilation omnis are long oop, but since you mentioned digital it should all be there.

Not Marvel, but I'd also highly recommend all of Invincible.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    For a great long haul read, you should consider the cosmic run in the two Annihilation and three War of Kings omnis. Excellent stuff from start to finish. The Annihilation omnis are long oop, but since you mentioned digital it should all be there.

If you haven't read Annihilation through Realm of Kings I would emphatically second that recommendation. There are a lot of miniseries and tie-ins to dig up, but if you look at the contents of the various omni's you will get everything. Busiek's Avengers was definitely solid, but for me the Triathalon/Triune Understanding drug the middle down. Avengers Forever and The Kang War more than made up for it. This run is solid back to basics super heroes.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post

Invincible I tried but couldn't get into, sadly.

Annihilation is also on my list, so maybe I will jump!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    If you haven't read Annihilation through Realm of Kings I would emphatically second that recommendation. There are a lot of miniseries and tie-ins to dig up, but if you look at the contents of the various omni's you will get everything. Busiek's Avengers was definitely solid, but for me the Triathalon/Triune Understanding drug the middle down. Avengers Forever and The Kang War more than made up for it. This run is solid back to basics super heroes.
    I'll give it a look. Hoping for something that is easy to find and read.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Author View Post
    Thinking about buying the Spider-Man by JMS omnibus volume 1.

I have the volumes 1-4 of the complete collection, but the fifth one is OOP and crazy expensive. I'd prefer having the whole run collected only in omnibus or TPB, but not one part in TPB and the other with the omnibus volume 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I plan on getting the J M S Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus.
    Anyone did any mapping on how many omnibus that we are expecting for JMS Spider? I have the HCs up to Back in Black sans Civil War and plan to let them go if the content overlaps.

Anyone theorize on why the JMS ultimate vol 5 is so expensive?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    Anyone did any mapping on how many omnibus that we are expecting for JMS Spider? I have the HCs up to Back in Black sans Civil War and plan to let them go if the content overlaps.
    The whole run is collected in five ultimate collection, so two omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Anyone theorize on why the JMS ultimate vol 5 is so expensive?
    No reprint it seems.

I wonder if the omnibus release makes it less or more probable that Marvel will eventually reprint it.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Having not read the JMS run on Spidey, I just read that JRJR is the artist. damn

And for those that have read it, is JMS's run one of the best?

Seems like JMS is such a great writer but editorial decisions tarnish what could be masterpieces.
    Last edited by j0nnyboy; 04-14-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I ended up getting;

Avengers: Kree/Skrull War, the Korvac Saga, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Aaron's Avengers.