Page 942 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 4428428929329389399409419429439449459469529921042 ... LastLast
Results 14,116 to 14,130 of 20730

X-Men by Peter Milligan Vol. 1: Dangerous Liaisons is supposed to be out this week but no Vol 2 has been announced. Is it safe to assume there will be a volume 2 or no guarantee? I know this wasn't a high time for X-Men stories.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WTHIOTina View Post
    X-Men by Peter Milligan Vol. 1: Dangerous Liaisons is supposed to be out this week but no Vol 2 has been announced. Is it safe to assume there will be a volume 2 or no guarantee? I know this wasn't a high time for X-Men stories.
    It's still an X-Men title, after all, which guarantees a certain amount of sales.

Claremont's "Reloaded" era over on Uncanny ran at the same time as Milligan, and that got a second volume solicited, so I think it's still too soon to jump to conclusions.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Amazing Member

Any word on an Avengers by Hickman complete collection?

Since the first omnibus is OOP.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WTHIOTina View Post
    Any additional info on this release? I don’t see it on amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTurtleDog View Post
    Upcoming Omnibus Releases

Amazing Spider-Man by J. Michael Stracynski Omnibus Volume 1 21-May-19
    Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Volume 4 4-Jun-19
    Amazing Spiderman Omnibus Volume 1 25-Jun-19 Reprint
    Hulk by Loeb & McGuiness Omnibus 25-Jun-19
    Heroes Reborn Omnibus 9-Jul-19
    Cable & X-Force Omnibus 16-Jul-19
    Conan the Barbarian Omnibus Volume 2 6-Aug-19
    Golden Age of Marvel Comics Omnibus 20-Aug-19 Reprint
    Marvel Masters of Suspense: Steve Ditko Omnibus Vol 1 27-Aug-19
    Timely's Greatest: The Golden Age Sub-Mariner by Bill Everett Omnibus 17-Sep-19
    Marvel Horror Omnibus 17-Sep-19
    Spider-Man by John Byrne Omnibus 17-Sep-19
    Marvel Universe by Rob Liefeld Omnibus 15-Oct-19
    Namor the Sub-Mariner by John Byrne & Jae Lee Omnibus 15-Oct-19
    Timely's Greatest: The Golden Age Simon & Kirby Omnibus 5-Nov-19
    Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Omnibus 19-Nov-19
    Savage Sword of Conan Omnibus Volume 2 19-Nov-19
    Timely's Greatest: The Golden Age Human Toch by Carl Burgos Omnibus 10-Dec-19
    Iron Man: The Mask in the Iron Man Omnibus 17-Dec-19
    Lists updated! Thanks again!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I had forgotten that an ASM vol.1 reprint was coming.

I wonder if they'll do one ASM reprint a year to make sure there is sufficient demand to attempt an ASM vol.5 a few years from now(say 2023/2024).
    Suppose:
    ASM vol.2 for 2020
    ASM vol.3 for 2021
    Stern reprint for 2022
    ASM vol.4 reprint for 2023

By then we will already know what the follow-up film to Far From Home is (which ASM vol.5 coincides with) and likely have had a JMS vol.2 Omni, Slott vol. 1 & 2 Omni, Spec Spiderman vol.1 Omni and perhaps a Spider-man 2099 (90s) Omni.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I had forgotten that an ASM vol.1 reprint was coming.

I wonder if they'll do one ASM reprint a year to make sure there is sufficient demand to attempt an ASM vol.5 a few years from now(say 2023/2024).
    Suppose:
    ASM vol.2 for 2020
    ASM vol.3 for 2021
    Stern reprint for 2022
    ASM vol.4 reprint for 2023

By then we will already know what the follow-up film to Far From Home is (which ASM vol.5 coincides with) and likely have had a JMS vol.2 Omni, Slott vol. 1 & 2 Omni, Spec Spiderman vol.1 Omni and perhaps a Spider-man 2099 (90s) Omni.
    They've only reprinted a "volume 2" omnibus a few times, and never reprinted a "volume 3."
    It's my opinion that volumes > 1 stand little-to-no hope of getting reprinted, regardless of the title, so you better snag them while you can and/or just save up the big bucks for aftermarket prices.

Granted, Uncanny and Spidey are a little exceptional in the HUGE fanbases for both. I could see them eventually reprinting Uncanny and Amazing vols 3, but for other titles, like FF, Thor, Avengers, etc... i think the odds are forever NOT in your favor.
    As always is the case, buy everything you can NOW as they'll go OOP later and be 2x the price. LOL. Such a silly hobby we have.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Thanks for the update The Turtledog.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by JCinOntario View Post
    Any additional info on this release? I don’t see it on amazon.
    https://www.amazon.com/X-Men-Peter-M...s%2C139&sr=8-1

Quote Originally Posted by bob fett View Post
    Thanks for the update The Turtledog.
    Yes, thank you - really appreciate these updates you do.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Man, other than Captain (Ms.) Marvel, there hasn't been a Marvel Omni I wanted since Hickman Vol 2, and nothing on the solicits interests me at all...

Where is Black Panther by Priest? Where's Claremont's New Mutants? PAD's Hulk? Give me something, Marvel! Anything!
    Cyclops was right

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Default Marvel Collected Editions Sales - March 2019

The complete estimated comic book sales figures for March 2019 are in (please note this list only details those comics sold to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond). I’ve listed below the Marvel OHC/Omnibus/MMW’s as well as the larger TPB collections such as the Epic and Complete lines that made the list, detailing the position, title and estimated sales. I haven’t included any reentries.

28. Uncanny X-Men: X-Men Disassembled TPB - 2,250
    38. The Savage Sword of Conan: The Original Marvel Years Omnibus Vol. 1 - 1,959
    44. Avengers Omnibus Vol. 4 - 1,753
    72. The Thanos Wars: Infinity Origin Omnibus - 1,206
    86. Wolverine Epic Collection Vol. 2: Back to Basics - 1,126
    94. Sgt Fury Epic Collection Vol. 1: The Howling Commandos - 1,021
    99. Decades: Marvel in the 60s - Spider-Man Meets the Marvel Universe TPB - 978
    101. Iron Man Epic Collection Vol. 14: Return of the Ghost - 972
    106. Star Wars Legends Epic Collection Vol. 3: The Old Republic - 931
    114. Captain America Epic Collection Vol. 17: The Superia Stratagem - 871
    120. Marvel Knights Punisher by Ennis: The Complete Collection Vol. 2 - 845
    124. War of the Realms Prelude TPB - 839
    134. Earth X Trilogy: Omega Omnibus - 806
    144. Marvel’s Captain Marvel: The Art of the Movie HC Slipcase - 756
    157. Iron Man by Fraction & Larroca: The Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 693
    161. Fantastic Four – Heros Return: The Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 666
    163. Gambit: Thieves’ World TPB - 662
    169. Marvel Universe of Super Heroes TPB - 646
    172. Death of Wolverine Companion TPB - 631
    182. Spider-Man: New Ways to Live TPB - 595
    193. X-Men: Onslaught Aftermath TPB - 563
    199. Marvel Masterworks: Daredevil HC Vol. 13 - 533
    221. Marvel Knights Fantastic Four: The Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 463
    231. Deadpool Minibus Vol. 3 - 441
    240. Secret Avengers by Rick Remender: The Complete Collection - 405

DC's Omnibus sales in March 2019:
    159. Batgirl: The Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 2 - 672
    267. Sandman Omnibus Vol. 3 - 350

MMW Daredevil Vol. 13 HC probably experienced 50% less sales than usual due to only the Variant edition being available in March. I expect to see it reenter the charts next month with a similar figure. Very good figures for the Avengers Vol. 4 Omnibus - this bodes well for further Vol. 4's in other lines and also Vol. 5's. I expect once the Thanos Wars: Infinty Origins Omnibus goes OOP, prices will skyrocket on the secondary market.

Spectacular Member

I am totally certain, that this was explained before but how are those numbers generated? Does IST count as a Comic Shop? How about Amazon? Are all of these depandable on Diamond? I know the European retailers all get their stock from Diamond so these should already been accounted for. Thank you for the clearification! And naturally for doing the work Raffi!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post
    I am totally certain, that this was explained before but how are those numbers generated? Does IST count as a Comic Shop? How about Amazon? Are all of these depandable on Diamond? I know the European retailers all get their stock from Diamond so these should already been accounted for. Thank you for the clearification! And naturally for doing the work Raffi!
    As far as I'm aware, IST most definitely counts as a comic shop but Amazon doesn't. These figures are estimated comics shipped to North American Comics Shops based on reports from Diamond Comic Distributors. That means that European retailers do not count.

The below two questions from the FAQ page on comichron.con may prove helpful to you:

Q: What is included in the Diamond monthly charts?

A: Beginning in February 2003, the Diamond charts report the number of copies it shipped to retailers from its warehouses in North America during the calendar month. Sometimes, the books may actually arrive in the next calendar month, but they're invoiced based on the day they leave the facilities. So occasionally you'll see a January where the first week's sales actually are reported with December.

Note that some of the comic books Diamond ships are to vendors outside the comics shop market. This includes subscription box services like Loot Crate; because the services bought the comics directly from Diamond, the figures are included in the tallies. In cases were the majority of comics went outside the comics shop market, we usually note that in our tables.

Q: What is NOT included in the Diamond monthly charts?

A: This is important, because it is a topic often misunderstood. Not included are:

• copies shipped outside the calendar month, including most reorders

• copies sold outside North America; the UK market often adds 10% or so

• copies sold outside the comics shop distribution network, such as on newsstands, in bookstores, or by postal subscription; this also includes graphic novels that Diamond's sister branch, Diamond Book Distributors, sells returnably to book channel outlets

• copies that comics shops bought from anyone besides Diamond, such as other book distributors or direct orders from publishers

• and anything digital. There is no source for digital sales figures on individual titles.