Page 944 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 4448448949349409419429439449459469479489549941044 ... LastLast
Results 14,146 to 14,160 of 20767
    Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

So someone who read Stracynski's spidey run - would you recommend 2 omnibus full of his work?

His run is my favourite Spidey run. I would recommend it. The only story I find abhorrent is One More Day.

The other two stories which draw a lot of criticism are ‘Sins Past’ ( which is the last arc in Vol 1 ) and ‘The Other’. I personally like ‘Sins Past’ and ‘The Other’ is just a bit of a mess, but nothing insulting.

There are some great stories to be in Vol 2. JMS’ civil war tie in is one of the better ones and has some great Peter/MJ/Aunt May content and ‘Back In Black is a highlight.

Good enough for me. Thanks forthe review!

Missed out on the Busiek/Chen Iron Man omni a few years back, but I'm pleased Marvel is putting out smaller trades to collect the run again. Finally got around to ordering volume one yesterday. Traditionally I don't read much Iron Man so the competition isn't fierce when I say it's my all-time favorite run on the title, but it also doubles as one of my favorite books of the 1990s.

Thanks to Busiek's Heroes Return work I'm of that very specific era where I see Captain Marvel in comics and in her own movie and think, "Oh, they mean Warbird."

2ACB63C1-AD57-4A6F-B9FC-74BD8552B476.jpg

64097A52-EE5D-464D-B5AE-8F943AF5264C.jpg

Found these while browsing. I hate white spines on Omni's.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'll never understand why a collections dept doesn't understand the desire by the customer to want uniformity on the spine.

That said I ordered the book and am excited about the contents....not the spine.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I’ll just make a custom dust jacket.

I’ll be really happy to have this content, collected this way.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I actually quite like the white spines. It would seem that the white spines start from the ASM Vol. 2 (1998) period onwards i.e. Tangled Web Omni, Superior Foes Omni whereas Omnis covering ASM Vol. 1 (1963) have the dark spines.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I actually quite like the white spines. It would seem that the white spines start from the ASM Vol. 2 (1998) period onwards i.e. Tangled Web Omni, Superior Foes Omni whereas Omnis covering ASM Vol. 1 (1963) have the dark spines.
    Mine won’t for long. Lol.

I am going to match it up to the silver age and Micheline & McFarlane omni spines.

Good observation by the way. So far that rule works. Wonder about the Byrne Omni that is coming. The bulk of the material in that is from Vol 2 so if your rule is correct, I’d say it should have a white spine.
    Last edited by Russ840; 05-08-2019 at 02:14 PM.

Just to give a heads up, the Avengers Hickman Omnibus Vol. 2 is officially OOP (it went out of stock at IST literally while I was placing my order yesterday) but there is one copy on Amazon.ca that is right at MSRP. After that, event he used copies are high, so act fast if you need it. I was lucky to snag one from Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    While the first omni has one story that contributes negatively to the mixed reviews (Sins Past), it's the last story in the collection. The rest of it is pretty solid.
    It's funny how his most reviled Spidey stories are going to be the ones to close both omnis of his run: Sins Past for Vol. 1 and One More Day for Vol. 2

Sorry if this is a little off topic guys, I apologize if I'm breaking rules here, but someone on reddit posted their way of storing their omnibus collection that seems like the safest way I've seen yet. Looks like gravity won't be damaging these books over time.

Thoughts?

https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/...for_use_as_an/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    Sorry if this is a little off topic guys, I apologize if I'm breaking rules here, but someone on reddit posted their way of storing their omnibus collection that seems like the safest way I've seen yet. Looks like gravity won't be damaging these books over time.

Thoughts?

Interesting display. The tile shelf is super sturdy to put heavy blocks on it. I'm worried if the contact point between the book and metal bracket will leave creases over time, but this can be easily solved. Not too space efficient too. I find storing them horizontally with stack of 3 books maximum would be ideal if you are concerned with longevity.

But then more books come in and I stack them up higher anyway. Pfft

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post

Thoughts?

Looks like a solid and safe way but it's definitely not to my liking. Takes up way too much space and from an ascetic point of view just doesn’t work for me.

Kind of a cool display, but yeah not to my taste.

I'm old fashioned, I guess-- I've always just been drawn to Omni's lined up vertically on a nice, white Kallax shelf.