Page 946 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 4468468969369429439449459469479489499509569961046 ... LastLast
Results 14,176 to 14,190 of 20730

I only buy books I want
    I will hold off if it is too exspensive in the secondary
    Market, by I will not buy (or even take for free) a book
    That I had no interest or intention of getting when
    I first read about it.’
    There are just too many books I do want and
    Will want in future solicitations
    All my money time and space need to be kept in check.

Thanks for the feedback guys! I also don't need to go looking for more to buy than what's on my want list, but I'd also rather buy something now on clearance that I have mild interest in, instead of regretting it later when it's OOP. Too many books!

Sounds like I should pick up New X-Men and see if I like it at least. AoA I'm not so sure of since I don't plan on going past Claremont's run (I realize New X-Men is much later).

Marvel needs to reprint the Claremont/Lee omnis, please

Spectacular Member

Near Mint Condition is hinting that the Annihilation omnibus is getting a reprint

https://youtu.be/N29JPl704kw 10min mark

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

(Fingers crossed)

Ilias Siamidis
    12 hours ago
    C'mon give me something about Annihilation i m dying here������have the trades but would like to upgrade to the omni..��

Near Mint Condition
    10 hours ago
    I promise it will come as soon as I get the go ahead and you will be very happy. 

Ben Jones
    8 hours ago
    Near Mint Condition it’s going to part of a giveaway, isn’t it???

Near Mint Condition
    7 hours ago
    @Ben Jones It's even better than one giveaway. 

Spectacular Member

Hickman Avengers: I have both omnis and Secret Wars. What else do I need to read? Avengers World? Original Sin? Hickman's Ultimates? I'm not a super-completist unless it's really important.

I'm about 30% through the first omni, and I have mixed feelings. I'm very interested in what happens next, but I'm not actually caring about the characters nearly as much as I did in Hickman's FF. Hickman's writing approach feels very different between the two series. So far I have to say he was more suited to FF, a very good series.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    Hickman Avengers: I have both omnis and Secret Wars. What else do I need to read? Avengers World? Original Sin? Hickman's Ultimates? I'm not a super-completist unless it's really important.

I'm about 30% through the first omni, and I have mixed feelings. I'm very interested in what happens next, but I'm not actually caring about the characters nearly as much as I did in Hickman's FF. Hickman's writing approach feels very different between the two series. So far I have to say he was more suited to FF, a very good series.
    Definitely Avengers World. For Ultimates, Original Sin, and other events at the time the summaries would suffice.

For me Hickman's FF is more character-centric stories with more character work and development, while his Avengers is more event-centric stories with the team dealing with everything that was happening and less character work. Avengers World does flesh out the side characters a bit.

I decided to fork over the extra $10 and order the
    Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus vol.4 DM cover
    From TOW. I will order a few extra books with my
    extra rewards from IST later this week to make
    Up the difference

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post

I have read his FF, had knowledge about his Ultimates (some, not much), knew what happened in Original sin (I think I've skimmed it but didn't like it) and haven't read a page of Avengers World.
    Oh also Cap gets old in Remender's (?) run.

But it's superhero comics so things happen in other titles all the time so you just have to deal with it and move on. Or at least that's what I do.

I liked Hickman's FF btw (although that whole Inhumans business with the multiple wives was super confusing) but I don't think it's fair to compare the two. FF was a balls to the wall sci-fi family drama while his Avengers is basically the biggest event you can imagine (or he could at the time).
    It starts out very ploty but the personal elements come in gradually. I'm usually more of a personal drama guy (last few months I've barely watched anything but slice of life/romantic series) but the sheer scale and epic scope of this Avengers run won me over.
    I just love the fact that Marvel let him to tell this story. And usually I'm not an Avengers fan (in the books, love the movies). Probably this is the only Avenegrs title I genuinely enjoyed because it felt like it was significant enough to be called "The Avengers".

I thought the material in omnibus vol 1 (up through Infinity) was AWESOME. the scope, everything was awesome. After that, the material in omnibus vol 2 kinda peetered out in my opinion. it kinda rambled on for awhile.

I recently read the omnibuses and Secret Wars OHC. I did NOT read Avengers World. I understoood everything and it all made sense. There's some bits about "The Maker", which is the evil Reed Richards from the Ultimate Universe - I never read anything Ultimate Universe, so that was all new to me, but you figure it out. There's enough exposition to make things clear.

Original Sin has nothing to do with this, IIRC. I'm sure Avengers World is good, and fleshes out some of the newer characters, but it's not required. I have faith that Spencer did a great job, and it's on my reading list, don't get me wrong, I just didn't read it while reading Hickman's run, and I wasn't lost or anything.

If you've not read Secret Wars, just be aware that it's totally different from everything else. TBH, you could skip the entire Hickman Avengers run, just jump into Secret Wars, and figure out what's going on there. Not that I would recommend it, but you could.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Default Bendis’ Spiderwoman Origin 5 issue mini

Where does this fit in Bendis’ New Avengers reading order?

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:18 PM.

And the first Hulk by Peter David Omnibus. At last.

Quote Originally Posted by producte View Post
    Nice! I am glad I held off on the epic's then.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy View Post
    he confirmed on his channel that annihilation & daredevil by bendis 1 n' 2 are being reprinted.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtgpy959gzs
    That is fantastic!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by producte View Post
    WHAAAAAT?! YESSSSS! Finally!