Page 969 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 46986991995996596696796896997097197297397910191069 ... LastLast
Results 14,521 to 14,535 of 20730

I need and will be getting that Ultimate
    Omnibus, just like I have to own
    The Authority Omnibus arriving
    Next week

Ross not Brant

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Yep. Everyone’s an a-hole, Betty Brant is constantly demeaning Bruce Banner and cheating on him, Jan and Hank’s relationship is super dysfunctional and abusive, and Cap is a jingoistic jerk (yet still the most heroic member). And their first villain is one of their own members, the Hulk, who keeps threatening(?) to eat people.

I was really surprised they’re reprinting it, because while the art is gorgeous, I can’t imagine it’s aged well. Even politically speaking it’s not very timely, as the corruption and human rights abuses of present day are completely different from the corruption and warmongering of the administration in power when the Ultimates came out. And of course the Ultimate universe is gone. So other than being a whale, I’m not sure what synergy (if any) they’re looking to tap into.

It IS gorgeous, though.
    While I absolutely agree with everything you said there I think it's not supposed to be read a 100% seriously. Reread it last year (like the 6th time in the last decade) and it really felt like a satire. Like Robocop or Starship troopers.
    And considering Millar's often anti authoritarian politics (although it's been a while since I've followed him on social media, he might have sold out since then) I don't think this is a big stretch.

Also the MCU was very influenced by it but Feige and crew cherrypicked the best stuff and left all the "f**k you" attitude behind.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I need and will be getting that Ultimate
    Omnibus, just like I have to own
    The Authority Omnibus arriving
    Next week

Ross not Brant
    D’oh! Teach me to post over lunch break.

Incredible Member

Here’s hoping that we get a reprint of the first Miles Morales Omnibus... didn’t realize it was OOP and that it was only one volume.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

After Endgame, I re-read the Ultimates by Millar and Hitch. I think this book and Favreau's Iron Man are the two main reasons the Marvel Cinematic universe exists. Everyone is definitely abrasive and vulgar, but that is part of the idea. When I re-read the series, I was surprised how much of that book mapped out the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    I'm with you however I'm not too happy about buying the Amazing fantasy issues again as I already have the omnibus and I still have to check the Monsterbus editions? Still it is welcome news as I love the Pre-hero collections.
    Thanks for the info.
    Good to know,because i had the Amazing Fantasy Omnibus in my wishlist of collected editions.
    So if i am not mistaken, the contents of the Amazing Fantasy Omnibus are in the Marvel Masters of Suspense: Stan Lee & Steve Ditko Omnibus Volume 2 and Monsters.The Marvel Monsterbus Vol.2.
    Now after knowing the contents of the Marvel Masters of Suspense: Stan Lee & Steve Ditko Omnibus Volume 2, i won´t be getting the Amazing Fantasy Omnibus anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Thanks for the info.
    Good to know,because i had the Amazing Fantasy Omnibus in my wishlist of collected editions.
    So if i am not mistaken, the contents of the Amazing Fantasy Omnibus are in the Marvel Masters of Suspense: Stan Lee & Steve Ditko Omnibus Volume 2 and Monsters.The Marvel Monsterbus Vol.2.
    Now after knowing the contents of the Marvel Masters of Suspense: Stan Lee & Steve Ditko Omnibus Volume 2, i won´t be getting the Amazing Fantasy Omnibus anymore.
    Hello Whiteshark not all the Amazing fantasy issues are in the new book only eight of them plus a number of other titles from the Monsterbus volumes will be reprinted. Thanks for the reply.
    Hail Hydra!

This just in. Omar Valdivieso announces The Sensational She-Hulk by Byrne Omnibus:

I just got the Sensational She-Hulk
    John Byrne trade with over 400
    Pages so this omnibus is going
    To be a pass for me.
    I probably will be getting the
    Black Widow Omnibus
    Still need to see the content.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I just got the Sensational She-Hulk
    John Byrne trade with over 400
    Pages so this omnibus is going
    To be a pass for me.
    I probably will be getting the
    Black Widow Omnibus
    Still need to see the content.
    Courtesy of the folks over at the MMW boards:
    TALES OF SUSPENSE (1959) 52-53, 57, 60, 64;
    AVENGERS (1963) 29-30, 36-37, 43-44;
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) 86;
    AMAZING ADVENTURES (1970) 1-8;
    DAREDEVIL (1964) 81;
    BIZARRE ADVENTURES (1981) 25;
    MARVEL FANFARE (1982) 10-13;
    SOLO AVENGERS (1987) 7;
    BLACK WIDOW: COLDEST WAR (1990);
    PUNISHER/BLACK WIDOW: SPINNING DOOMSDAY'S WEB (1992);
    DAREDEVIL/BLACK WIDOW: ABATTOIR (1993);
    MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS (1988) 135;
    DAREDEVIL ANNUAL (1967) 10;
    FURY/BLACK WIDOW: DEATH DUTY (1995);
    JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY (1951) 517-519;
    MATERIAL FROM AVENGERS (1963) 16, 32- 33, 38-39, 41-42, 45-47, 57, 63-64, 76
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

All-New Member

Definitely happy to finally get the Sensational She-Hulk omni, but for 752 pages, I wish it was $100 list instead of $125. No hesitation to get it though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    Hello Whiteshark not all the Amazing fantasy issues are in the new book only eight of them plus a number of other titles from the Monsterbus volumes will be reprinted. Thanks for the reply.
    The Marvel Masters of Suspense:Stan Lee & Steve Dikto:Omnibus Volume 2 have the remaining Amazing Fantasy issues that are not in the MonsterBus Vol.2 Omnibus if i am not mistaken.
    So to me that had Amazing Fantasy Omnibus in my wishlist of collected editions,i will be not getting the Amazing Fantasy Omnibus because i will be getting these two Omnibuses instead.

Astonishing Member

The She Hulk Omnibus by John Byrne will be another new Omnibus that is way cool to have.
    Quite funny stories with great art by John Byrne.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

A second Golden Age Namor Omnibus is on the way:

Timely’s Greatest: The Golden Age Sub-Mariner by Bill Everett - the Post-War Years Omnibus

Collecting: Sub-Mariner Comics 21-24, 26-30, 32-42, Namora 1-3, Marvel Mystery Comics 84-86, 90-91, Human Torch 28, 30, 37-38, Blonde Phantom 17, Young Men 27-28, Men’s Adventures 28

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    The She Hulk Omnibus by John Byrne will be another new Omnibus that is way cool to have.
    Quite funny stories with great art by John Byrne.
    Pass for me. I have the 2 trades along with the Women of Marvel Omni, so I have all the material already.

If it was a 2 volume set that collected the entire Sensational She-Hulk series +ancillary appearances, I would buy.