Page 97 of 1383 FirstFirst ... 4787939495969798991001011071471975971097 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 20742
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    Do you like Daredevil? If you do, or if you like Frank Miller's other work then there's a good chance that you might like it. I personally don't care for Daredevil, but I get the impression that its the best DD run out there.
    I like him so so. Miller too. So you didnt get it?

Spectacular Member

The Dr. Strange omni is now showing up on Hachette with a date of 10/4, exactly one month prior to the release date for the film.

https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/se...sher/?q=Marvel

There is also a 112-page TPB coming out that day, Marvel's Doctor Strange Prelude, but the contents are not yet listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Near Mint View Post
    The Dr. Strange omni is now showing up on Hachette with a date of 10/4, exactly one month prior to the release date for the film.

There is also a 112-page TPB coming out that day, Marvel's Doctor Strange Prelude, but the contents are not yet listed.
    They should move the movie up a week, it would go well with Halloween.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Do we have a full list of the details on what issues this covers? How many volumes to complete Dr.Strange's first run, 3-4 at similarly page counted volumes?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Do we have a full list of the details on what issues this covers? How many volumes to complete Dr.Strange's first run, 3-4 at similarly page counted volumes?
    I'm going to guess this will be an assortment of issues from across Doc's history that contain characters/story beats relevant to the movie...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

The TPB is just going to contain whatever mini they crank out as a Marvel Cinematic Universe tie in, and possibly an old issue or two of Doctor Strange if the trade needs padding. Right now there are 13 different MCU trades (one of them double dips a bit) collecting the various MCU tie-in miniseries and one shots. A Civil War Prelude due out in April will be the 14th.

That Civil War prelude is an exact, shortened copy of Iron Man 3. It's pretty much stealing so fair warning on whatever they decide the prelude for Strange is.

Incredible Member

Ist hasn't responded to the last two emails I sent over the last two days.

Still waiting on a shipping confirmation from a book I ordered last week. Can't get them to reply and I accidentally deleted the order processing confirmation. Bit stressed.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Ist hasn't responded to the last two emails I sent over the last two days.

Still waiting on a shipping confirmation from a book I ordered last week. Can't get them to reply and I accidentally deleted the order processing confirmation. Bit stressed.
    Probably just backed up from after Christmas sale/holidays. I have an order from last week that hasn't shipped yet. They keep a log of all your orders if you need your order # or want to see what book(s) may be holding up shipment. Just log in and go under your account/recent orders and see

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Probably just backed up from after Christmas sale/holidays. I have an order from last week that hasn't shipped yet. They keep a log of all your orders if you need your order # or want to see what book(s) may be holding up shipment. Just log in and go under your account/recent orders and see
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Ah thanks for the clarification. That is a hell of a double dip!
    It's worth nothing that this is the only place to collect issues #1.1-1.5 in deluxe format. I actually did read these issues and found them to be pretty great. The first few pages of issue #1.1are quite beautifully done.
    Last edited by Johnatellodi; 01-05-2016 at 07:37 PM.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I've never bought the Fraction hype, from what I've read he is incapable of finishing a story. His first two Iron Man arcs were really good then it progressively got worse until it completely dive bombed. Hawkeye is good and the end is just messy and pointless. It feels cheap because after one or two plots he only has his novelty tricks. Brubaker plays down his role in Immortal Iron Fist but that maintains a quality and story that Brubaker must have been essential in keeping on track because Fraction hasn't ever shown that ability before.

The ends of his works tend to be much more style than substance, which is fine if you enjoy that. For something to be great it needs everything though.
    I agree with this. The only Marvel Fraction finished well was Uncanny X-Men, which he actually petered off of with Gillen taking over. Everything else ended in a wreck.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    The overlap with Spider-Verse will be in Vol 2:

Vol 1: 1-6, 1.1-1.5, Annual 1
    Spider-Verse: 7-15, SSM 32-33
    Vol 2: 7-18, SSM 32-33

Vol 1 does overlap with Original Sin Companion (issues 4-6), however.
    This still annoys me so much. I didn't even realize the Annual 1 was in Vol. 1, which means that if you already have Spider-Verse and get Vol. 1, you need to choose between double-dipping on 11 of the 14 issues in Vol. 2, or double-dipping 1 of the 4 issues in the Vol. 4 TPB. Why would they do this?!? And what will Vol. 3 have, Spiral (ASM 16.1-20.1) and Renew Your Vows? That feels very thrown together, it would have been better to keep those 3 issues for Vol. 3.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by joltman View Post
    This still annoys me so much. I didn't even realize the Annual 1 was in Vol. 1, which means that if you already have Spider-Verse and get Vol. 1, you need to choose between double-dipping on 11 of the 14 issues in Vol. 2, or double-dipping 1 of the 4 issues in the Vol. 4 TPB. Why would they do this?!? And what will Vol. 3 have, Spiral (ASM 16.1-20.1) and Renew Your Vows? That feels very thrown together, it would have been better to keep those 3 issues for Vol. 3.

And don't get me started on the numbering for Spiral... we know better, but I bet a casual collector of sorts will wonder why there is a 19.1, 20.1 etc but no 19 or 20.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    And don't get me started on the numbering for Spiral... we know better, but I bet a casual collector of sorts will wonder why there is a 19.1, 20.1 etc but no 19 or 20.
    I know I'm already wondering what you mean! Was that just how they numbered those issues instead of just numbering them 19, 20, etc?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Whose job is it a collected editions to make sure that things make sense, anyone? Cause instead of getting WCA vol.3(yeah I know the actual title had a name change, still) it's just an Avengers by Byrne Omni.

This week we get Deadpool Classic Omnibus vol.1, this collects and finishes the 1997 run with the meat of it being issues 34-69.
    The Deadpool Omni by Joe Kelly contains issues 1-33 of the 1997 run. That book should've just been Deadpool Classic Omni vol. 1 and this one vol.2
    Look I get that Joe Kelly is the sole writer on those issues. His name could still've been used to promote and sell the book vs the various writers for the remainder of the series in this newest Omni.

Second question: This now implies there will be a Deadpool Classic Omni vol. 2--so that's going to be just various writers on books the character has starred in since the conclusion of the '97 run, the bulk of mid 2000 issues?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime