Page 971 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 47187192196196796896997097197297397497598110211071 ... LastLast
Results 14,551 to 14,565 of 20753

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Conan Original Years volume 2, the DM cover is still available at IST. This is interesting to me.
    A-They made more of this cover for volume 2?
    B-The hype and interest on things Conan has cooled off?
    C-both A&B
    D-DM cover was $10 more
    E-Regular cover wasn't an abomination now

Quote Originally Posted by Ocen View Post
    She-Hulk vs Black Widow omnibus. which one you guys suggest better to buy for that month of April?
    Shulkie, no contest.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Does anyone know the difference in size between Marvel's Oversized Hardcovers and the Premium Hardcovers. Is that still a thing?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Does anyone know the difference in size between Marvel's Oversized Hardcovers and the Premium Hardcovers. Is that still a thing?
    Are you referring to Premier HCs? They are standard trade paperback/single issue sized. But I think Marvel have discontinued that line

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    Are you referring to Premier HCs? They are standard trade paperback/single issue sized. But I think Marvel have discontinued that line
    Okay thank you!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Daredevil by Waid Omnibus Vol. 1 and Daredevil by Brubaker Omnibus Vol. 1 seem to be out of stock on both amazon.com and amazon.co.uk. If anyone is on the fence, now would be a good time to pick either of them up at a decent price while they are still available in other quarters.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Is DD by Waid a good read?
    People seem quite divided on it.
    I would say that the majority of Waid's first run (2011 - issues #1-36) is pretty good (I've read it several times). It takes some time to get used to the art as it's very "light" and in particular if you're a big fan of Bendis's, Brubaker's and Miller's (the majority of fans are). In fact, it can be quite a shock (it was for me). Although Waid's stories cover heavy issues and are quite clever at times, you don't feel the grimness due to the optimism conveyed in the illustration. I felt the quality of storytelling fell with Matt's move to San Francisco in his second run (2014 - issues #0.1, 1-18). However, the two-parter Original Sin story with Matt's Mum and his travels to Wakanda is the highlight of the second run and one of my favourite Daredevil stories. Towards the final issues, it got to be a little nonsensical. I got to appreciate Paolo Rivera's and Javier Rodriguez's art but never really warmed to Chris Samnee.

I loved Waid's run. I like grim n' gritty Daredevil as much as the next guy, but I thought Waid's lighter approach was a welcome breath of fresh air.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I would say that the majority of Waid's first run (2011 - issues #1-36) is pretty good (I've read it several times). It takes some time to get used to the art as it's very "light" and in particular if you're a big fan of Bendis's, Brubaker's and Miller's (the majority of fans are). In fact, it can be quite a shock (it was for me). Although Waid's stories cover heavy issues and are quite clever at times, you don't feel the grimness due to the optimism conveyed in the illustration. I felt the quality of storytelling fell with Matt's move to San Francisco in his second run (2014 - issues #0.1, 1-18). However, the two-parter Original Sin story with Matt's Mum and his travels to Wakanda is the highlight of the second run and one of my favourite Daredevil stories. Towards the final issues, it got to be a little nonsensical. I got to appreciate Paolo Rivera's and Javier Rodriguez's art but never really warmed to Chris Samnee.
    It's really all just one continuous run, they just renumbered the series and hiked the price by a dollar when they did so. That's when I dropped it. But I agree, issues 1-36 are pretty good.

Spectacular Member

I think these weren't shown here:

Captain America by Coates (OHC)
    Marvel Comics #1000 (OHC)
    Star Wars: age of rebellion (OHC)
    Amazing Spider-man: Full circle (OHC?)
    Star wars: age of republic (OHC)

Also Astonishing X-Men Omnibus (reprint) is already on Amazon. It took me a while to find it (I had to search it by name, not filtering by Marvel hardcovers)

After Venom and Immortal Hulk, we get another regular series in OHC with Captain America. I hope they also add Dr Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy, Runaways (unlikely), Avengers, Amazing Spider-man, Silver Surfer: Black and/or Tony Stark: Iron Man to the line, but it looks they're adding them slowly.

Amazing Spider-man: Full circle is a miniseries by different authors.

From IDW's October 2019 solicitations:

MARVEL SOLID GOLD SUPERHEROES OHC
    TBD (w)• Various (a & c)
    Marvel’s amazing and fantastic heroes from the Golden Age of Comics punch Nazis and vanquish Fifth Columnists as we joyfully celebrate Marvel Comics’ 80th Anniversary!
    Captain America, Human Torch, Sub-Mariner! PLUS a bountiful bevy of obscure heroes like Blazing Skull, Blonde Phantom, Terror, Sun Girl, Marvel Boy and… the yellow-costumed Whizzer! This stunning, ginormous-format coffee-table book is brought to you by the Yoe Books/IDW titanic team who gave you the rousingly acclaimed Super Weird Heroes books! True Believers, face front as we look back at the pulse-pounding super heroes who are the bodacious bedrock of the Mighty Marvel Universe!
    HC • FC • $49.99 • 224 pages • 9.5” x 12.5” • ISBN: 978-1-68405-541-8
    Bullet points: Available in January 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    From IDW's October 2019 solicitations:

MARVEL SOLID GOLD SUPERHEROES OHC
    TBD (w)• Various (a & c)
    Marvel’s amazing and fantastic heroes from the Golden Age of Comics punch Nazis and vanquish Fifth Columnists as we joyfully celebrate Marvel Comics’ 80th Anniversary!
    Captain America, Human Torch, Sub-Mariner! PLUS a bountiful bevy of obscure heroes like Blazing Skull, Blonde Phantom, Terror, Sun Girl, Marvel Boy and… the yellow-costumed Whizzer! This stunning, ginormous-format coffee-table book is brought to you by the Yoe Books/IDW titanic team who gave you the rousingly acclaimed Super Weird Heroes books! True Believers, face front as we look back at the pulse-pounding super heroes who are the bodacious bedrock of the Mighty Marvel Universe!
    HC • FC • $49.99 • 224 pages • 9.5” x 12.5” • ISBN: 978-1-68405-541-8
    Bullet points: Available in January 2020.
    As I've collected 10 or so of the GA Masterworks, is there a chart somewhere comparing these new omnibi to what the original MM books collected? I'd like to see the remaining Cap GA issues collected!

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    As I've collected 10 or so of the GA Masterworks, is there a chart somewhere comparing these new omnibi to what the original MM books collected? I'd like to see the remaining Cap GA issues collected!
    There may be a chart or two on the Marvel Masterworks Board/Thread but you need to do some searching. They used to have an excellent page with the complete lists of the various collected formats. This has been taken down and they are now "rebuilding" it. At present, only the Marvel Masterworks have been put together. You can check it out here

You can also check out Wikipedia for the complete list of MMW's here and Omnibuses here

These are the Omnibuses with the Golden Age Captain America issues:

Golden Age Captain America Omnibus: Captain America Comics #1-12

Timely's Greatest: The Golden Age Simon & Kirby Omnibus: Daring Mystery Comics #1-3, 6-8; Red Raven Comics #1; Marvel Mystery Comics #12-25; Human Torch #2 (1); Captain America Comics #1-10; USA Comics #1-3; All-Winners Comics #1-2; Young Allies Comics #1; Mystic Comics #7

The MMW Golden Age Cap Vol. 1-6 collect Captain America Comics #1-24.

I really don't know if we'll see the remaining GA Cap issues collected (or any of the other GA issues). I can only imagine it happening if we see some more Cap movies and when that will be is very hard to say but definitely not in the near future. It looks like that Marvel are churning out various Golden Age Omnis and OHCs in celebration of their 80 years history. We may see several more but they are more of a mixture of issues and theme-based than chronological.

Personally, I also would like to see the remaining GA Cap issues collected as I have the Golden Age Captain America Omnibus Vol. 1.

What are people's thoughts on the recently released New X-Men Companion?

I enjoyed Morrison's New X-Men very much. Doe's the companion TPB actually compliment the mains series, or should it be avoided?

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    What are people's thoughts on the recently released New X-Men Companion?

I enjoyed Morrison's New X-Men very much. Doe's the companion TPB actually compliment the mains series, or should it be avoided?
    Couple of issues in and I'm enjoying it. They're all from the Unlimited series, so lots of done in ones. They all respect what's going on in Morrison's run (costumes, team line-up, etc.), but don't expect any plot tie ins.