Page 976 of 1383 FirstFirst ... 47687692696697297397497597697797897998098610261076 ... LastLast
Results 14,626 to 14,640 of 20745

J Michael Straczynski Amazing Spider-Man-Man Omnibus vol.2
    Rick Remender Uncanny X-Force Omnibus
    and probably the Jonathan Hickman X-Men hard cover

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

3 covers for JMS Spider-man vol.2?
    Is that a first, 3 covers?
    Also is the Quesada one an actual cover? I seem to recall that one.

Power Pack vol.1: odds that fans get a vol.2? I mean lots of dangling volume 1s out there. A guess the plus is Bendis didn't do it so a vol2 could happen.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

Does Marvel ever reprint OHCs? I was hoping they would reprint stuff like the Days of Future Past, Messiah Complex hardcovers, but I guess I'm wasting my time.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I'm still deliberating whether to preorder the new Spider-Man Miles Morales Omnibus. I can't understand why they're not including Spider-Men II in it. Anyone heard anything to the contrary on this?
    Yes.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/08...e-count-price/

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I'm still deliberating whether to preorder the new Spider-Man Miles Morales Omnibus. I can't understand why they're not including Spider-Men II in it. Anyone heard anything to the contrary on this?
    The recent Hachette catalogue updated the contents and it now includes Spider-Men II & Generations too.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandbagger77 View Post
    The recent Hachette catalogue updated the contents and it now includes Spider-Men II & Generations too.
    Thanks for the replies.

Edit: Btw, this is great news. What I was hoping for.

I just put in a preorder on amazon.co.uk. The price at the mo' is £43.87 which isn't bad at all.
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 08-26-2019 at 04:25 AM.

BANNED

Just ordered the new Parable HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    Does Marvel ever reprint OHCs? I was hoping they would reprint stuff like the Days of Future Past, Messiah Complex hardcovers, but I guess I'm wasting my time.
    Unfortunately, I don’t recall Marvel reprinting OHCs. They usually take quite a while to go OOP as they have quite a large print run as opposed to some Omnibuses, MMWs and Epic Collections.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

So for me, Marvel hasn't had any collected material in weeks(which would be great if Marvel was my only interest) and now next week BAM 3 Omni's I'd like.

Marvel Horror
    Spider-man by Byrne
    Timely Submariner

Cha-Ching, Cha-Ching!!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    So for me, Marvel hasn't had any collected material in weeks(which would be great if Marvel was my only interest) and now next week BAM 3 Omni's I'd like.

Marvel Horror
    Spider-man by Byrne
    Timely Submariner

Cha-Ching, Cha-Ching!!!
    Just the Spidey Byrne Omni for me. The Marvel.Horror Omni is a little too pricey and a bit of a mish mash for me to want it. I'm not even a minor fan of Namor and Golden Age is not always my thing. I have the 1st printing of the Golden Age Marvel Omni which I picked up for under $30 way back and that's a nice Omni to have for historical reference.

Amazing Member

What’s your opinion of the contents in the Spidey by Byrne Omni? I remember loving his Marvel Team up stuff. And the rest of the 80s material in there. But I’ve never read his Chapter One and Amazing Spider-Man from the late 90s. I’m on the fence.

Spectacular Member

I remember reading it in floppies. I was so excited for it as his Superman stories were amongst the first comics I read. But I thought the run was awful, particularly Chapter One. From what I remember, it was poorly received at the time as well. I tried to sell it on Ebay a few years ago when I was downsizing my collection. Put it up for 99p three times and never got a single bid!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisko View Post
    What’s your opinion of the contents in the Spidey by Byrne Omni? I remember loving his Marvel Team up stuff. And the rest of the 80s material in there. But I’ve never read his Chapter One and Amazing Spider-Man from the late 90s. I’m on the fence.
    The 90s material was not well received. The art is top notch, but the writing much less so.

Chapter One was a retelling of the original Lee/Ditko stories, with added retcons and unnecessary updated details. The Amazing Spider-Man run by Mackie/Byrne regressed characters in clumsy ways. Sandman went from reformed criminal to actual criminal, Flash was turned into a bully again through brain damage, and Peter was hiding his Spider-Man activities from Mary Jane. There's a reason the Staczynshi run was such a breath of fresh air.

Good to know. I'm unfamiliar with that time period and have been buying the Byrne collections. I'll give this one a pass.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbagger77 View Post
    Any chance you can link or share the whole contents? I can't seem to find the updated one