Page 98 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 48889495969798991001011021081481985981098 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 20754
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I agree with this. The only Marvel Fraction finished well was Uncanny X-Men, which he actually petered off of with Gillen taking over. Everything else ended in a wreck.
    What did you think of The Order?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Whose job is it a collected editions to make sure that things make sense, anyone? Cause instead of getting WCA vol.3(yeah I know the actual title had a name change, still) it's just an Avengers by Byrne Omni.

This week we get Deadpool Classic Omnibus vol.1, this collects and finishes the 1997 run with the meat of it being issues 34-69.
    The Deadpool Omni by Joe Kelly contains issues 1-33 of the 1997 run. That book should've just been Deadpool Classic Omni vol. 1 and this one vol.2
    Look I get that Joe Kelly is the sole writer on those issues. His name could still've been used to promote and sell the book vs the various writers for the remainder of the series in this newest Omni.

Second question: This now implies there will be a Deadpool Classic Omni vol. 2--so that's going to be just various writers on books the character has starred in since the conclusion of the '97 run, the bulk of mid 2000 issues?
    Shhh... Marvel is just getting comfortable with counting, especially to three. Give them time to learn. To grow.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Whose job is it a collected editions to make sure that things make sense, anyone? Cause instead of getting WCA vol.3(yeah I know the actual title had a name change, still) it's just an Avengers by Byrne Omni.

This week we get Deadpool Classic Omnibus vol.1, this collects and finishes the 1997 run with the meat of it being issues 34-69.
    The Deadpool Omni by Joe Kelly contains issues 1-33 of the 1997 run. That book should've just been Deadpool Classic Omni vol. 1 and this one vol.2
    Look I get that Joe Kelly is the sole writer on those issues. His name could still've been used to promote and sell the book vs the various writers for the remainder of the series in this newest Omni.

Second question: This now implies there will be a Deadpool Classic Omni vol. 2--so that's going to be just various writers on books the character has starred in since the conclusion of the '97 run, the bulk of mid 2000 issues?
    The AVENGERS by Byrne omni collects Byrnes run on the flagship AVENGERS title as well as the WCA issues. So calling it volume 3 of WCA wouldn't be entirely accurate.
    I think you are spot on with the DEADPOOL omni situation.

I'm just gonna read one last issue in this omnibus before sleeping.

*turns page*

"100 page anniversary giant sized annual!"

Oh okay...
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    I'm just gonna read one last issue in this omnibus before sleeping.

*turns page*

"100 page anniversary giant sized annual!"

Oh okay...
    every Bronze or silver age omni ever

So how many of you guys have Marvel Unlimited? With the Canadian dollar doing so poorly right now and the rising costs of Marvel books I will have to be a lot more careful with my money this year. Just looking to see some of the pros and cons of the system. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by multi.image View Post
    So how many of you guys have Marvel Unlimited? With the Canadian dollar doing so poorly right now and the rising costs of Marvel books I will have to be a lot more careful with my money this year. Just looking to see some of the pros and cons of the system. Thanks in advance!
    you can find a lengthy discussion about digital comics here:
    http://community.comicbookresources....ons-of-Digital

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by multi.image View Post
    It's totally worth it. I've only run into a couple things I've wanted to read that it hasn't had. The selection is pretty huge.
    Cyclops was right

Incredible Member

Hello all,

How's the build on the Loeb/Sale Marvel ohc?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Hello all,

How's the build on the Loeb/Sale Marvel ohc?
    It is the same quality as all recent non-event OHC's. Sewn binding, decent paper stock, printed cover. It's a good looking book and if you are a fan of Loeb and Sale it is a no brainer... unless you want to wait for a possible collection that includes CA White.

Quote Originally Posted by sho nuff View Post
    It is the same quality as all recent non-event OHC's. Sewn binding, decent paper stock, printed cover. It's a good looking book and if you are a fan of Loeb and Sale it is a no brainer... unless you want to wait for a possible collection that includes CA White.
    I'm hoping they just change the book to include White and it goes for the same price as the current one

Loot Crate, Marvel Collector Corp, etc are all pretty big and those types of mystery value box services seem to be all the rage. If there was a Marvel Graphic Novel box, would you be interested in something that type of service? I'm putting out some feelers as to whether there'd be enough interest to start one or not. The books would be graphic novels from the past 5 years and MARVEL only. Let me know your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by WTHIOTina View Post
    Loot Crate, Marvel Collector Corp, etc are all pretty big and those types of mystery value box services seem to be all the rage. If there was a Marvel Graphic Novel box, would you be interested in something that type of service? I'm putting out some feelers as to whether there'd be enough interest to start one or not. The books would be graphic novels from the past 5 years and MARVEL only. Let me know your thoughts.
    Not for me. I wouldn't want random books. I love marvel but don't like everything they put out and don't want to risk getting a book I dont like.

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Not for me. I wouldn't want random books. I love marvel but don't like everything they put out and don't want to risk getting a book I dont like.
    That brings up the question, is this the place to ask about something like that? And if not where would be better? Most of us have large collections, keep track of upcoming releases and already have a 90% idea of what we like and don't. Some people here blind buy one book out of every twenty+ they buy.

You should post in the regular Marvel thread as well to see what people think if you haven't. I expect those merchandise boxes sell to the more casual, generally interested type of customer.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sho nuff View Post
    Brilliant info, thanks.

I'm actually quite a fan of the recent non-event OHC's. They've held up well for me and I love the printed covers.