Page 981 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 48188193197197797897998098198298398498599110311081 ... LastLast
Results 14,701 to 14,715 of 20730
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Default Marvel Collected Editions Sales - August 2019

The complete estimated comic book sales figures for August 2019 are in (please note this list only details those comics sold to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond). I’ve listed below the Marvel OHC/Omnibus/MMW’s as well as the larger TPB collections such as the Epic and Complete lines that made the list, detailing the position, title and estimated sales. I haven’t included any reentries.

5. The War of Realms TPB - 3,993
    17. The Amazing Spider-Man: Hunted TPB - 2,538
    19. X-Men Grand Design: X-Tinction by Ed Piskor Oversized TPB - 2,436
    45. Fantastic Four Epic Collection Vol. 4: The Mystery of the Black Panther - 1,239
    52. Marvel Masters of Suspense: Stan Lee & Steve Ditko Omnibus Vol. 1 - 1,168
    58. X-Men Epic Collection Vol. 17: Dissolution & Rebirth - 1,131
    76. Marvel Masterworks: Marvel Two-In-One Vol. 4 HC - 962
    78. Age of X-Man: Marvelous X-Men TPB - 942
    85. The Mighty Thor Epic Collection Vol. 18: The Black Galaxy - 914
    100. Star Wars Legends Epic Collection: The Original Marvel Years Vol. 4 - 810
    101. The Marvel Art of Conan The Barbarian OHC - 804
    103. Fantastic Four by Jonathan Hickman: The Complete Collection Vol. 2 - 792
    114. Marvel Comics #1 80th Anniversary Edition OHC - 721
    120. X-Men Milestones: Inferno TPB - 693
    171. Decades: Marvel in the ‘10s - Legends and Legacy TPB - 485
    218. Ms. Marvel Vol. 5 OHC - 406
    236. Walter Simonson Star Wars Artist's Edition OHC (IDW) - 376
    248. Marvel Visionaries: John Buscema TPB - 361
    283. Kirby Returns! King-Size Hardcover - 318
    334. Thor and Loki: Blood Brothers Gallery Edition OHC - 273
    360. Golden Age Marvel Comics Omnibus Vol. 1 (2nd Printing) - 257

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I find it odd to have the cover not say BLACK WIDOW on it at all. I get it's the cover to Marvel Fanfare. Can we keep the art and ditch the MF logo and replace with Black Widow?
    That's undoubtedly a placeholder image, albeit an odd choice for one.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by T.D. View Post
    That's undoubtedly a placeholder image, albeit an odd choice for one.
    Amazing Spider-Man didn’t have Amazing Spider-Man on it, it has Amazing Fantasy. So maybe that’s the route they’re going?

That's a good point! I hadn't considered that; there's definitely a p It's possible that will be the cover, then.

And presumably they didn't want to use her literal first appearance on the cover, because it was this:

That cover of TOS makes Widow look like she's like 50 years old. ha ha.

I just read that they are ending the Star Wars main book in DEC. it's the breaking point where Empire Strikes Back would then take over. I sure hope they continue (I'm guessing with another new #1...) after Empire. They spent a lot of money on SW, it'd be a waste to let it sit and not have a series. Although, I do understand you're dealing with a really small sandbox on that one, but look what Aaron and Gillen did, especially with the Stormtrooper squad, etc... there's lots of stories to tell, just need the right writers willing to dig deep, get approvals from whomever for story arcs, etc...

I hope they make another omnibus of the SW material after Aaron. I would say they could do a Gillen one, but once he left, there's probably not enough for a 3rd omni (I could be wrong) so maybe they'd throw everything left into one omni, if they do one at all. They seem to have stopped the OHCs cold.

And I'd love to see a Doctor Aphra omnibus - they released a vol 1 OHC and then nothing. Aphra is such a good book, whether it was Gillen or now Spurrier. That book deserves an OHC continuation at least.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The complete estimated comic book sales figures for August 2019 are in ....

360. Golden Age Marvel Comics Omnibus Vol. 1 (2nd Printing) - 257
    I'm glad that reprints are happening. This should be a clear indicator to someone in the Marvel Collections Dept that not all OOP material need be redone. Demand isn't there.
    Who in the Dept convinced those in charge this reprint above others(like some vol.2 &3s in other lines) was needed???? Based on what?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

That would actually be hilarious if they used that Tales of Suspense cover for the Black Widow omni!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Thanks Raffi.

And I think I'll go ahead buy the Return tpb of She-Hulk by Byrne.
    Being the second worst value omni by Marvel is pretty funny though.
    Either Marvel has no faith in a She-Hulk Omnibus or this will be the new normal in the future.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet-Spider View Post
    Either Marvel has no faith in a She-Hulk Omnibus or this will be the new normal in the future.
    I'd bet new normal. The OHC prices are kind of nuts already
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:08 PM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet-Spider View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    I'd bet new normal. The OHC prices are kind of nuts already
    If this had been an appropriately priced $75 book, Marvel would probably sell twice as many copies. But if they're more concerned about dollar share than units sold, I guess this is the best (greediest) way to go... *shrug*
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm glad that reprints are happening. This should be a clear indicator to someone in the Marvel Collections Dept that not all OOP material need be redone. Demand isn't there.
    Who in the Dept convinced those in charge this reprint above others(like some vol.2 &3s in other lines) was needed???? Based on what?
    The timing is the weirdest part. I would’ve considered buying it, but the creator-centric omnis are covering the best material from the GAoMC omni, with better restoration, and they’re going beyond it. True, they’re expensive, but it’s not like the GAoMC omni is cheap itself. I don’t mind them reprinting it, but I’m baffled about why they did it now.

Funnily enough, the Silver Surfer Omnibus reprint is now $0.1736 per page due to the price increase. That makes it the worst value omni they've ever released.

So they've solicited 2 of their 3 worst value omni's in the space of a month or so.
    I didn't even notice that so this IS the new normal. I guess i am gonna buy less new Omnibi in the future because these new prices are pretty ridiculous.

Silver Surfer - 576 pages - $100
    She Hulk - 752 pages - $125

So next time they want to release a new 1000 pages Omnibus is it gonna be $150?

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Funnily enough, the Silver Surfer Omnibus reprint is now $0.1736 per page due to the price increase. That makes it the worst value omni they've ever released.
    So how much was the first printing of the Silver Surfer Omnibus when it first came out way back in 2007?

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:07 PM.