Page 983 of 1051 FirstFirst ... 4838839339739799809819829839849859869879931033 ... LastLast
Results 14,731 to 14,745 of 15763
  1. #14731
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm glad that reprints are happening. This should be a clear indicator to someone in the Marvel Collections Dept that not all OOP material need be redone. Demand isn't there.
    Who in the Dept convinced those in charge this reprint above others(like some vol.2 &3s in other lines) was needed???? Based on what?
    The timing is the weirdest part. I would’ve considered buying it, but the creator-centric omnis are covering the best material from the GAoMC omni, with better restoration, and they’re going beyond it. True, they’re expensive, but it’s not like the GAoMC omni is cheap itself. I don’t mind them reprinting it, but I’m baffled about why they did it now.

  2. #14732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Funnily enough, the Silver Surfer Omnibus reprint is now $0.1736 per page due to the price increase. That makes it the worst value omni they've ever released.

    So they've solicited 2 of their 3 worst value omni's in the space of a month or so.
    I didn't even notice that so this IS the new normal. I guess i am gonna buy less new Omnibi in the future because these new prices are pretty ridiculous.

    Silver Surfer - 576 pages - $100
    She Hulk - 752 pages - $125

    So next time they want to release a new 1000 pages Omnibus is it gonna be $150?

  3. #14733
    Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Outta Town
    Posts
    2,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Funnily enough, the Silver Surfer Omnibus reprint is now $0.1736 per page due to the price increase. That makes it the worst value omni they've ever released.
    So how much was the first printing of the Silver Surfer Omnibus when it first came out way back in 2007?

  4. #14734
    Incredible Member JoeGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    629

    Default

    ..........
    Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:07 PM.

  5. #14735
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Funnily enough, the Silver Surfer Omnibus reprint is now $0.1736 per page due to the price increase. That makes it the worst value omni they've ever released.

    So they've solicited 2 of their 3 worst value omni's in the space of a month or so.
    At least that is a more reasonable price than buying it when it was out of print.

  6. #14736
    Spectacular Member Seeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    AR, USA
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Of note is that Marvel prints in China while DC prints in Canada. I'm curious how much the trade war and potential transport (Middle East factor) costs factor into the new pricing vs. looking at the secondary market and deciding to try to capture some of that value.

  7. #14737
    Incredible Member JoeGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    629

    Default

    ..........
    Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:07 PM.

  8. #14738
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm glad that reprints are happening. This should be a clear indicator to someone in the Marvel Collections Dept that not all OOP material need be redone. Demand isn't there.
    Who in the Dept convinced those in charge this reprint above others(like some vol.2 &3s in other lines) was needed???? Based on what?
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Funnily enough, the Silver Surfer Omnibus reprint is now $0.1736 per page due to the price increase. That makes it the worst value omni they've ever released.

    So they've solicited 2 of their 3 worst value omni's in the space of a month or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    The timing is the weirdest part. I would’ve considered buying it, but the creator-centric omnis are covering the best material from the GAoMC omni, with better restoration, and they’re going beyond it. True, they’re expensive, but it’s not like the GAoMC omni is cheap itself. I don’t mind them reprinting it, but I’m baffled about why they did it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet-Spider View Post
    I didn't even notice that so this IS the new normal. I guess i am gonna buy less new Omnibi in the future because these new prices are pretty ridiculous.

    Silver Surfer - 576 pages - $100
    She Hulk - 752 pages - $125

    So next time they want to release a new 1000 pages Omnibus is it gonna be $150?
    The only reason they reprinted the GA Marvel Comics Omnibus is because of the 80th anniversary. It took for ever to go OOP. I would suggest that anyone wanting to pick this up to wait for it to go at deep discount. I picked up the first printing for less than $30.

    Now get this, it looks like the GA Marvel Comics Omnibus 2nd Printing at $150 (the new norm?) with 848 pages is the most expensive per page - $0.1769. Any other bids?

  9. #14739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The only reason they reprinted the GA Marvel Comics Omnibus is because of the 80th anniversary. It took for ever to go OOP. I would suggest that anyone wanting to pick this up to wait for it to go at deep discount. I picked up the first printing for less than $30.

    Now get this, it looks like the GA Marvel Comics Omnibus 2nd Printing at $150 (the new norm?) with 848 pages is the most expensive per page - $0.1769. Any other bids?
    What does GA mean? To me that's short for Green Arrow but since you are talking about Marvel that can't be right. Really can't think of a Marvel hero that could be GA right now. Whichever Omnibus you are talking about, did you forget that She-Hulk is a new Omnibus first print? What are you trying to say? I picked up Avengers The Crossing Omnibus new for $30 too and that was years after it was printed. So you say the next Avengers Omnibus should launch for $125 because The Crossing didn't sell? If i was Marvel i would never reprint The Crossing because there was obviously no demand for it since it still isn't sold out but they should they really go by that and assume that means something for other Omnibi? Should the next Avengers Omnibus with 900 pages launch for $175? Does a higher price mean better sales? I would say the opposite is true. In my opinion The Crossing would have sold even less if it launched for $150 instead of $100.
    Last edited by Scarlet-Spider; 09-21-2019 at 01:30 AM.

  10. #14740
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet-Spider View Post
    What does GA mean? To me that's short for Green Arrow but since you are talking about Marvel that can't be right. Really can't think of a Marvel hero that could be GA right now. Whichever Omnibus you are talking about, did you forget that She-Hulk is a new Omnibus first print? What are you trying to say? I picked up Avengers The Crossing Omnibus new for $30 too and that was years after it was printed. So you say the next Avengers Omnibus should launch for $125 because The Crossing didn't sell? If i was Marvel i would never reprint The Crossing because there was obviously no demand for it since it still isn't sold out but they should they really go by that and assume that means something for other Omnibi? Should the next Avengers Omnibus with 900 pages launch for $175? Does a higher price mean better sales? I would say the opposite is true. In my opinion The Crossing would have sold even less if it launched for $150 instead of $100.
    GA - Golden Age

    What we're saying is that Marvel Omnibus prices are unfortunately increasing. Low page counts at such high prices is not appealing at all. The Golden Age (GA) Marvel Comics Omnibus Vol. 1 was reprinted with a $150 price tag as opposed to the $125 1st printing. The result: very low sales for the 2nd printing.

  11. #14741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    GA - Golden Age

    What we're saying is that Marvel Omnibus prices are unfortunately increasing. Low page counts at such high prices is not appealing at all. The Golden Age (GA) Marvel Comics Omnibus Vol. 1 was reprinted with a $150 price tag as opposed to the $125 1st printing. The result: very low sales for the 2nd printing.

    Oh ok i see, i thought you were saying that books which sold slowly and then get a reprint should have much higher prices. Of course Marvel Omnibus prices increase but the amount of the increases are far too big. The She-Hulk Omnibus was always gonna be a $75 one with it's page count but since prices increase raise the price to $85 or $90, that would be reasonable increase but going from $75 to $125 is absolutely ridiculous. Somehow Marvel only makes massive $25 or $50 increases, why do they feel the need for it to always be huge $25 steps? Somehow we went from 1000 pages for $100 just a few months ago to a Silver Surfer Omnibus with 500 pages being $100. A 50% price increase has nothing to do with inflation or normal price increase that happen.

  12. #14742
    Incredible Member JoeGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    629

    Default

    ..........
    Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:08 PM.

  13. #14743
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    916

    Default

    I believe there was further restoration work done on the GA contents. The same should be true of the Silver Surfer Omni since the TPB Masterworks were released after the first printing. As pointed out before, if Marvel saw people paying $200-300 for it why wouldn't they go for a little more? Does this justify as large an increase as happened I can't say, but it's not just like the just raised the price just because. For the She-Hulk Omni that is probably just a Byrne tax. All of the creator specific GA Omni's are coming out at $150 as well.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

  14. #14744
    Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    790

    Default

    It’s not like most of us will be paying $100 for the SS reprint...I plan to order from IST the week it comes out...$50 plus tax.

  15. #14745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    It’s not like most of us will be paying $100 for the SS reprint...I plan to order from IST the week it comes out...$50 plus tax.
    You would still be paying less if Marvel charged the normal price. If Marvel starts going for $200 Omnibus price then you might only pay $100 plus tax at IST but you are still paying 50% more than you would have if Marvel only charged the normal $100 instead of $200.

    Just how much Marvel overcharges becomes especially ridiculous when you compare to the new announced DC Omnis:

    Golden Age Marvel ------------- 570 pages - $125
    Silver Surfer ------------------- 576 pages - $100
    She Hulk ---------------------- 752 pages - $125

    Superman/Batman Omnibus -----1200 pages - $125
    Swamp Thing Bronze Age --------450 pages - $40
    DC Year of the Villans -----------870 pages - $100
    Last edited by Scarlet-Spider; 09-21-2019 at 09:50 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •