Page 99 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 498995969798991001011021031091491995991099 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    That brings up the question, is this the place to ask about something like that? And if not where would be better? Most of us have large collections, keep track of upcoming releases and already have a 90% idea of what we like and don't. Some people here blind buy one book out of every twenty+ they buy.

You should post in the regular Marvel thread as well to see what people think if you haven't. I expect those merchandise boxes sell to the more casual, generally interested type of customer.
    Thanks! I really wasn't sure where was best to ask! I appreciate your help Dayle88!

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I'm hoping they just change the book to include White and it goes for the same price as the current one
    no that's gonna be a Colour omnibus by Loeb and Sale for $125 RRP.
    I'm fine with a white ohc as long as I have the series in the same size I don't care if it's in one book or 2-3.

Quote Originally Posted by multi.image View Post
    So how many of you guys have Marvel Unlimited? With the Canadian dollar doing so poorly right now and the rising costs of Marvel books I will have to be a lot more careful with my money this year. Just looking to see some of the pros and cons of the system. Thanks in advance!
    It used to be a bit pants, missing random issues in a run, even in small runs. But it is a lot better now, used it to read the Hickman FF run even though I own the OHCs, as well as the Hickman Avengers / New Avengers run to catch up prior to the Secret Wars book. Currently reading the post BND Spiderman.

Quote Originally Posted by WTHIOTina View Post
    Loot Crate, Marvel Collector Corp, etc are all pretty big and those types of mystery value box services seem to be all the rage. If there was a Marvel Graphic Novel box, would you be interested in something that type of service? I'm putting out some feelers as to whether there'd be enough interest to start one or not. The books would be graphic novels from the past 5 years and MARVEL only. Let me know your thoughts.
    Nope, not for me either. I love Marvel and a fair chunk of my collection is their books, but I wouldn't want a random trade as more often than not it will be part of a story and not a complete tale and the mini's they have done are so hit and miss I'm not sure if I would go for that.

Yeah this is the wrong audience for "random", too much OCD

Incredible Member

Quick emergency question: Does the original Spider-Man blue hardcover have sewn or glued binding?

Also, is it weird that I want this deluxe over the recently released blue,yellow,gray hardcover?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Quick emergency question: Does the original Spider-Man blue hardcover have sewn or glued binding?

Also, is it weird that I want this deluxe over the recently released blue,yellow,gray hardcover?
    Do you mean the Spider-Man Blue OHC that was first released with Gwen and Spider-Man on the cover? Because there are two different Hardcovers:

a) oversized
    b) standard size (released later), different cover (like the cover from the Yellow, Blue, Gray Omnibus)

Mine is still shrink-wrapped so I cannot check it 100 percent. But I'm quite sure that it has glued binding. Beyond that the Daredevil Yellow OHC is definitely glued.

I think small HCs are always glued. Or do anybody know if premiere HCs or Marvel Masterworks have sometimes sewn binding?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jaepuck View Post
    Do you mean the Spider-Man Blue OHC that was first released with Gwen and Spider-Man on the cover? Because there are two different Hardcovers:

a) oversized
    b) standard size (released later), different cover (like the cover from the Yellow, Blue, Gray Omnibus)

Mine is still shrink-wrapped so I cannot check it 100 percent. But I'm quite sure that it has glued binding. Beyond that the Daredevil Yellow OHC is definitely glued.

I think small HCs are always glued. Or do anybody know if premiere HCs or Marvel Masterworks have sometimes sewn binding?
    My Captain America: To Serve & Protect PHC is sewn.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post

I just checked mine (OHC) and it appears to be glued. But keep in mind it's pretty thin so it doesn't matter half as much and there basically no gutter loss.
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    I just checked mine (OHC) and it appears to be glued.
    So does mine. (2003 OHC)

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Finally got Hawkeye Volume 2, and read the Christmas special issue for the second time. Am I the only one who thinks this is one of the worst issues there ever read? How the hell did this thing get published?
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Finally got Hawkeye Volume 2, and read the Christmas special issue for the second time. Am I the only one who thinks this is one of the worst issues there ever read? How the hell did this thing get published?
    I think it's one of the most wonderfully brilliant comics published in the last few years. Also one of the most fascinatingly complex character studies I've ever seen.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DonWinslow View Post
    I think it's one of the most wonderfully brilliant comics published in the last few years. Also one of the most fascinatingly complex character studies I've ever seen.
    i think he was talking about the Christmas special, not the series in general

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    i think he was talking about the Christmas special, not the series in general
    So was I! That issue boggles my mind with its awesomeness.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DonWinslow View Post
    So was I! That issue boggles my mind with its awesomeness.
    my bad then maybe i should reread it too!