Page 995 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 495895945985991992993994995996997998999100510451095 ... LastLast
Results 14,911 to 14,925 of 20730
    TMcKinney69

Huh. I guess I'm the only one still adding to my collection. Just put together another 5x5 Expedit that I had sitting in a box in my basement and I just put in a big order with IST so I can start filling it up. As a matter of fact, my biggest regrets are getting rid of some OOP books when I was moving because I thought having fewer boxes to move would save my back... Now I can't bring myself to pay OOP prices to reacquire them. I sold a complete set of the Brubaker Cap Omnibuses (biggest regret since I don't think they'll ever be reprinted), the Hickman FF Omnibuses, X-Men vol. 1 and vol. 2 DM covers, Iron Man vol. 1 DM cover, and the New Mutants Artist Select... Most of them are going for double what I sold them for on eBay now.

If anyone is looking to move any of these books, let me know.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TMcKinney69 View Post
    Huh. I guess I'm the only one still adding to my collection. Just put together another 5x5 Expedit that I had sitting in a box in my basement and I just put in a big order with IST so I can start filling it up. As a matter of fact, my biggest regrets are getting rid of some OOP books when I was moving because I thought having fewer boxes to move would save my back... Now I can't bring myself to pay OOP prices to reacquire them. I sold a complete set of the Brubaker Cap Omnibuses (biggest regret since I don't think they'll ever be reprinted), the Hickman FF Omnibuses, X-Men vol. 1 and vol. 2 DM covers, Iron Man vol. 1 DM cover, and the New Mutants Artist Select... Most of them are going for double what I sold them for on eBay now.

Don't worry, you're not the only one. Although, I'm trying to be more selective, I'm still purchasing more books. At some point, I may be interested in offloading X-Men by Claremont & Lee Vol. 1 & 2 Omnibuses. Not just yet though.

Default Marvel Collected Editions Sales - November 2019

The complete estimated comic book sales figures for November 2019 are in (please note this list only details those comics sold to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond). I’ve listed below the Marvel OHC/Omnibus/MMW’s as well as the larger TPB collections such as the Epic and Complete lines that made the list, detailing the position, title and estimated sales. I haven’t included any reentries.

20. Venom by Donny Cates Vol. 1 OHC - 1,994
    21. The Savage Sword of Conan: The Original Marvel Years Omnibus Vol. 2 - 1,988
    23. The Vision by Tom King & Gabriel Hernandez Walta: The Complete Collection - 1,820
    48. Marvel Masterworks: The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 21 HC - 1,211
    66. Marvel Masterworks Pin-Up OHC (IDW) - 1,006
    71. The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Omnibus - 998
    75. X-Factor Epic Collection Vol. 8: X-Aminations - 940
    80. Power Man and Iron Fist Epic Collection Vol. 3: Doombringer - 922
    83. Avengers: Endgame - Art of the Movie Slipcase OHC - 878
    84. Deadpool By Joe Kelly: The Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 872
    91. The Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collection Vol. 20: Cosmic Adventures (2nd Printing) - 829
    122. X-Men Classic: The Complete Collection Vol. 2 - 643
    152. X-Men Milestones: Fatal Attractions TPB - 544
    169. Timely’s Greatest: The Golden Age Human Torch by Carl Burgos Omnibus - 501
    264. John Byrne Fantastic Four Artist Select OHC (IDW) - 382
    283. Marvel Strike Force: The Art of the Game OHC - 350
    309. Marvel Visionaries: Chris Claremont TPB - 321

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

Glad to see both X-Factor: X-Aminations and Spider-Man: Cosmic Adventures reprint did well! Maybe Marvel won't let Epic's fall out of print so soon going forward...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TMcKinney69 View Post

Personally I have the Kallax shelf, and I’m never looking back. Best investment I’ve made when it comes to these giant books. Moving with tons of omni’s/larger books is a huge pain, but worth it in the end!

All-New Member

I found a copy of The X-Men 1 Omnibus at my LCS today. I'm still in disbelief and wondering if there is any chance it could be a fake. Any clues on what to look out for?

EDIT: Seems like the matte dust jacket is standard for this book?
    Last edited by cbmason; 12-14-2019 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cbmason View Post
    I found a copy of The X-Men 1 Omnibus at my LCS today. I'm still in disbelief and wondering if there is any chance it could be a fake. Any clues on what to look out for?

I've never heard of a fake Marvel Omnibus before. Dust jackets are generally glossy but I'm not sure as to your definition of matte in this case. Take a few pics and post them on here and we'll take a look and try and help.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Seems like the matte dust jacket is standard for this book?
    Correct. I saw a video on Gem Mint Collectible’s YouTube channel where he shows every X-Men Omni, and he even mentions the non-glossy jacket as being the only Omni he’s seen as being this way.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Correct. I saw a video on Gem Mint Collectible’s YouTube channel where he shows every X-Men Omni, and he even mentions the non-glossy jacket as being the only Omni he’s seen as being this way.
    Thats where I ended up seeing it too, what a relief!

Thats where I ended up seeing it too, what a relief!
    BUY IT!!
    *out of curiosity, how much was/is the store asking for it?
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

I feel your pain. I went from "gotta get most omnibuses", to "forget it, I'll just get everything in MMW instead", to "forget it, I'll just get all EPICs", to now back to "I'll get omnis I really want and collect the rest in EPIC style trades to fill in where I want".

There've been several books I've bought AND sold AND then repurchased years later. I would bet if I laid everything out in a massive spreadsheet I've probably come out about even all in all. But if you have patience and know where to look, you can eventually find MOST of the books you're looking for. I've found Spidey vols 2+3, FF vols 2+3, Iron Man vols 1+2 at used book stores, over the past few years.

Brubaker Cap I eventually got off ebay, but I saved up for a "i have the first 3" lot auction that was actually cheaper than buying them singly. (the final two are still relatively cheap).
    I think the big thing is if you're okay with used books, and/or are willing to take a chance on one every now and then.

For me, I'm still waiting for Thor vol 1 and X-Men vol 1 to be reprinted, as you don't see those anywhere, like ever. and I had them years ago. Boo. But yeah, I've been there, once you realize you should've stayed the course, it's a tough pill to swallow, but you gotta just move on. If you have a decent amount of books you're looking for, I'd put them in a spreadsheet - the ones that you can easily find in stock, save those, and focus on the OOP ones, and when you see one going for $75 when it's usually $100+, grab it, cross it off your list, and head to the next one. That's for those of us who have limited comic budgets. :-)
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    BUY IT!!
    *out of curiosity, how much was/is the store asking for it?
    It was at an LCS here in Canada that charges the US cover price. So I paid $99 CAD which is like $60 USD

It was at an LCS here in Canada that charges the US cover price. So I paid $99 CAD which is like $60 USD
    That is an amazing steal!! I've gotten a few deals in my day, but for a book that regularly goes for $300+, that's amazing. Merry Christmas to you!

Do you guys think a Vol. 3 reprint of the Amazing Spider-Man omnibus is too far-fetched, or nah? I missed it the first time around and now I have three weird-looking MMWs between volumes 2 and 4.
    I happen to like how the reprint dust jacket is the direct market variant of the original releases (not a fan of any of the "modern" covers so far). But the Volume 3 Gil Kane cover featuring Morbius is going for insane prices in the second hand market.

I own The X-Men Omnibus Vol. 01 (Ross cover) and yes, it has a matte dust jacket. It's the good one.