Page 996 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 4968969469869929939949959969979989991000100610461096 ... LastLast
Results 14,926 to 14,940 of 20767

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    Do you guys think a Vol. 3 reprint of the Amazing Spider-Man omnibus is too far-fetched, or nah? I missed it the first time around and now I have three weird-looking MMWs between volumes 2 and 4.
    I happen to like how the reprint dust jacket is the direct market variant of the original releases (not a fan of any of the "modern" covers so far). But the Volume 3 Gil Kane cover featuring Morbius is going for insane prices in the second hand market.
    Reprinting 2 and 3 seem like no-brainers, as does FF 2-3. They seem like Evergreen titles which shouldn't be out of print for long but obviously Marvel has a different strategy. I have that Morbius cover edition (but missed out on Vol. 2) and can't believe it's fetching those kind of prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    Reprinting 2 and 3 seem like no-brainers, as does FF 2-3. They seem like Evergreen titles which shouldn't be out of print for long but obviously Marvel has a different strategy. I have that Morbius cover edition (but missed out on Vol. 2) and can't believe it's fetching those kind of prices.
    Well, they reprinted vols 1+2 back when, maybe multiple times, for FF and Spidey; same with Uncanny. Now that vol 3 of all three books has been OOP for quite a long while, you would think reprinting 2 + 3 again would make sense. There's money to be had. But we've yet to see a vol 3 reprinted, and Spidey vol 4 has been out for awhile now. it's hard to say; my gut says, 'YES' but there's really nothing to go off of historically to say it/they will get reprinted again.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Spectacular Member

I’m new on here but been following this thread for a while and has been very informative as I’ve quickly built my collected edition collection. Just got the Conan Omnibus Vol 1 variant cover yesterday. Excited that I was able to get it at cover. Looking forward to it amongst other things.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 02-16-2020 at 03:26 AM.

Spectacular Member

I don’t need any help as far as that is concerned. I got into it only this year and already I’ve spent close to 13k and amassed more than 100 omnibi amongst other things. I can tell you my wife hates it. I’ve always loved these characters growing up and don’t know why I never took the plunge before now. Kicking myself a little but I have a lot of reading to look forward to and get through. I probably didn’t do it sooner because it is a little daunting to the uninitiated. I went into the deep end and really did a ton of research. Feel a thousand times more informed on it then I did at the same time last year.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Welcome to the hobby and forum. And this forum is definitely a bad influence on your buying habbits.
    Your brain and heart will thank you for checking here, but your wallet and common sense will hate you. If you're like most on here, you have WAY more books then you'll ever read, but then another book gets solicited and you have to have it. Even if (like me) you say, "forget it, I'm only going to get collected editions of these specific characters because of budget, lack of space, wife getting mad at me, etc..." but then along comes XYZ now in omnibus and you cave. Or you have internal arguments with yourself for days/weeks deciding if you should buy it or not.

On the plus side, if you buy it on release day, at ~50% off, and decide later you don't need it anymore, odds are good that it'll be worth more than you paid for it on aftermarket. Not that you use these as investments, but sometimes they do work out that way, so again, that's a positive. Welcome!
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Your brain and heart will thank you for checking here, but your wallet and common sense will hate you. If you're like most on here, you have WAY more books then you'll ever read, but then another book gets solicited and you have to have it. Even if (like me) you say, "forget it, I'm only going to get collected editions of these specific characters because of budget, lack of space, wife getting mad at me, etc..." but then along comes XYZ now in omnibus and you cave. Or you have internal arguments with yourself for days/weeks deciding if you should buy it or not.

On the plus side, if you buy it on release day, at ~50% off, and decide later you don't need it anymore, odds are good that it'll be worth more than you paid for it on aftermarket. Not that you use these as investments, but sometimes they do work out that way, so again, that's a positive. Welcome!
    Thank you, Rimmer. I did notice you are one of more active members on here and appear to have been at this a lot longer than I have. You make good points. I am guilty of almost everything you mention. I already have an addictive personality and can be a bit of a hoarder which does not go well with this hobby at all lol. I have to have what I find to be interesting. As for them turning out to be investments, that is certainly true as well. There have already been a number of occasions where I got something for cheap and flipped it for a profit which I can’t complain about. Also, once I discovered IST’s prices on their damaged omnibus stock definitely took advantage of that as well. I can tell you I already have a lot of OOP stuff and my collection is enviable. Now if only I had the right setup to show it off. Need a house for that. Oh well can’t have everything. One thing at a time.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    I don’t need any help as far as that is concerned. I got into it only this year and already I’ve spent close to 13k and amassed more than 100 omnibi amongst other things. I can tell you my wife hates it. I’ve always loved these characters growing up and don’t know why I never took the plunge before now. Kicking myself a little but I have a lot of reading to look forward to and get through. I probably didn’t do it sooner because it is a little daunting to the uninitiated. I went into the deep end and really did a ton of research. Feel a thousand times more informed on it then I did at the same time last year.
    100 Omnibuses in a year - that's Speedy Gonzales quick. I started collecting them back in 2011 or thereabouts when I picked up the then OOP Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 1 for half cover or so. It was when I started to get back into comics after a 25 year hiatus, mainly thanks to the MCU. I then decided to only pick up those that I really wanted..... So much for that, I now have 113 Marvel Omnibuses, 28 Marvel Masterworks and around 80+ Marvel OHCs! My wife's also not a fan and asks from time to time when I'm going to start selling them I did manage to sell a few books. It's very hard to part with them. Anyway, welcome to the Omnibus club!

Last edited by JoeGuy; 02-16-2020 at 03:26 AM.

MARVEL CLASSICS COMICS OMNIBUS
    Written by DOUG MOENCH, CHRIS CLAREMONT, BILL MANTLO, JOHN WARNER, DON McGREGOR & ELLIOT S! MAGGIN
    Penciled by SONNY TRINIDAD, YONG MONTANO, DINO CASTRILLO, JESS JODLOMAN, PETE LIJAUCO, RUDY MESINA, MICHAEL GOLDEN, RICO RIVAL, CHIP NANCO, FRANK BOLLE, KEN LANDGRAF & MORE
    Cover by JOHN BUSCEMA
    Masterworks of literature — retold in the Mighty Marvel Manner! In the late 1970s, respected comic book writers and talented artists joined forces to adapt the world’s most famous stories onto the comic book page. From adventure tales like The Last of the Mohicans, Treasure Island, Robinson Crusoe and Ivanhoe to horror staples Frankenstein and The Invisible Man! Whether it’s the classical poetry of The Iliad and The Odyssey, the dystopian sci-fi of The War of the Worlds or the terrifying tales of Edgar Allan Poe, this collection of cultured classics is sure to thrill you from cover to cover! Featuring world-famous and beloved characters like Robin Hood and Alice in Wonderland, and illustrated versions of novels by such authors as Charles Dickens, Mark Twain, Jules Verne and more! Collecting MARVEL CLASSICS COMICS #13-36.
    1264 PGS./All Ages …$150.00

SPIDER-MAN: BEN REILLY OMNIBUS VOL. 2
    Written by DAN JURGENS, TODD DEZAGO, TOM DEFALCO, HOWARD MACKIE, J.M. DEMATTEIS, EVAN SKOLNICK, JAMES FELDER, GLENN HERDLING, KARL KESEL, GEORGE PÉREZ, DARICK ROBERTSON, STEVE GERBER, GLENN GREENBERG, MARK BERNARDO, ROGER STERN & JOE EDKIN
    Penciled by DAN JURGENS, LUKE ROSS, MIKE WIERINGO, MARK BAGLEY, STEVE SKROCE, JOHN ROMITA JR., SAL BUSCEMA, STEVE GEIGER, JOE BENNETT, MIKE ZECK, DARICK ROBERTSON, JAMES FRY, KYLE HOTZ, BEN HERRERA & MORE
    Cover by LUKE ROSS
    ON SALE JULY 2020
    As Ben Reilly settles into his new role as Spider-Man, Peter Parker adapts to a life without powers. Ben takes on a rogues’ gallery of classic foes as Peter and MJ prepare for parenthood — but when a strange illness sends Peter to the hospital, is it clone degeneration or something else? Revelations await as the Clone Saga reaches its cataclysmic conclusion! As Ben and Peter unravel the twisted conspiracy that has manipulated them for years, the identity of the shadowy madman pulling their strings will shock both Spider-Men to the core! Collecting SENSATIONAL SPIDER-MAN (1996) #4-11, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #411-418, SPIDER-MAN (1990) #68-75, SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (1976) #234-241, SPIDER-MAN UNLIMITED (1993) #12-14, SPIDER-MAN: REDEMPTION #1-4, DAREDEVIL (1964) #354, SPIDER-MAN TEAM-UP #4-5, SPIDER-MAN: REVELATIONS TPB (1997) and SPIDER-MAN: THE OSBORN JOURNAL, 101 WAYS TO END THE CLONE SAGA and DEAD MAN’S HAND.
    1304 PGS./Rated T …$125.00

HEROES REBORN: THE RETURN OMNIBUS
    Written by PETER DAVID, DAN JURGENS, CHRIS CLAREMONT, JOE CASEY, JOE KELLY, FABIAN NICIEZA, CHUCK DIXON, TONY BEDARD, JEPH LOEB & SEAN MCKEEVER
    Penciled by SALVADOR LARROCA, DAN JURGENS, MIKE MCKONE, MICHAEL RYAN, CHARLIE ADLARD, MARK BAGLEY, LEONARDO MANCO, PATCH ZIRCHER, CHRIS BATISTA, STEFANO CASELLI, JIM CALAFIORE, ROB LIEFELD, FILIPE ANDRADE & MORE
    Cover by BRETT BOOTH
    ON SALE JUNE 2020
    The Avengers and Fantastic Four return from the pocket dimension of “Heroes Reborn,” but the Earth they left behind still needs heroes! As waters rise and Celestials loom, will Rikki “Bucky” Barnes and her Young Allies step up — or is Doctor Doom the iron hand this ravaged planet needs? Trapped on this Counter-Earth, the disguised villains called the Thunderbolts must choose between escape or becoming heroes! And the interdimensional Exiles drop in for a visit! But when Onslaught rises, Franklin Richards returns to the original world he created — and Rikki Barnes must summon allies from the real Marvel Universe! Collecting HEROES REBORN: THE RETURN #1-4; THOR ANNUAL 1999; HEROES REBORN: DOOMSDAY, ASHEMA, MASTERS OF EVIL, REBEL, REMNANTS, YOUNG ALLIES and DOOM; FANTASTIC FOUR (1998) #25 and #31; DOOM #1-3; DOOM: THE EMPEROR RETURNS #1-3; THUNDERBOLTS (1997) #51-52, #60-62, #64, #66, #68, #70, #72 and #74; EXILES (2001) #81-82; ONSLAUGHT REBORN #1-5; ONSLAUGHT UNLEASHED #1-4; and MARVEL SPOTLIGHT: HEROES REBORN/ONSLAUGHT REBORN.
    1136 PGS./Rated T …$125.00

CONAN THE BARBARIAN: THE ORIGINAL MARVEL YEARS OMNIBUS VOL. 4
    Written by ROY THOMAS with ED SUMMER
    Penciled by JOHN BUSCEMA with TONY DeZUNIGA, ERNIE CHAN, SAL BUSCEMA & GIL KANE
    Cover by Valerio Giangiordano
    DM Variant Cover by John Buscema
    Roy Thomas’ decade-long original run on CONAN THE BARBARIAN ranks as one of the greatest in comic book history, and it was crucial in making Conan an icon known the world over! In this action-packed Omnibus, Roy and artistic collaborator John Buscema bring the saga of Bêlit and her quest for the crown of Asgulun to a conclusion. It’s a tale that will forever change Conan’s life — and the adventures that follow feature a more savage Conan, fiercer than ever and truly unbound! Plus: Thrilling sequels to The Hour of the Dragon, an offbeat What If? tale that places Conan in the middle of modern-day New York City and a massive trove of original art, essays and behind-the-scenes material! Collecting CONAN THE BARBARIAN (1970) #84-115 and ANNUAL #4-6 and WHAT IF? (1977) #13.
    880 PGS./Parental AdvisorySLC …$125.00

SOLOMON KANE: THE ORIGINAL MARVEL YEARS OMNIBUS
    Written by ROBERT E. HOWARD, ROY THOMAS, DON GLUT & MORE
    Penciled by DAVID WENZEL, HOWARD CHAYKIN, STEVE CARR, BRET BLEVINS, MIKE MIGNOLA, JOHN BOGDANOVE, JOHN RIDGEWAY, AL WILLIAMSON & MORE
    NEW Cover by TBA
    DM Variant Cover by HOWARD CHAYKIN & JOHN BUSCEMA
    He’s a weapon of God, stalking the Sixteenth Century! A tall, grim wanderer, roving the Earth to right all its wrongs! Let those who worship the power of evil beware, lest they face…Solomon Kane! He sprang from the mind of Conan the Barbarian creator Robert E. Howard — and just like the Cimmerian, this Puritan adventurer was a comic book sensation! Now Kane’s complete, classic Marvel adventures are collected in one jaw-dropping Omnibus volume! Featuring adaptations of Howard’s formative tales and new chapters by such scribes as Roy Thomas and Ralph Macchio — all filled with pirates, cannibals, demons and vampires! Collecting MARVEL PREMIERE (1972) 33-34; SOLOMON KANE (1985) 1-6; MATERIAL FROM CONAN SAGA (1987) 50, DRACULA LIVES! (1973) 3, KULL AND THE BARBARIANS (1975) 2-3, MARVEL PREVIEW (1975) 19, MONSTERS UNLEASHED (1973) 1, SAVAGE SWORD OF CONAN (1974) 13-14, 18-20, 22, 25, 26, 33-34, 37, 39, 41, 53-54, 62, 83, 162, 169, 171, 219, 220.
    624 PGS./Rated T+ …$100.00

X-MEN: GRAND DESIGN OMNIBUS
    Written by ED PISKOR
    Penciled by ED PISKOR
    Cover by ED PISKOR
    ON SALE JULY 2020
    Over six tumultuous decades, the X-Men have carved a singular place in comic book lore and popular culture. Now, New York Times best-selling author Ed Piskor (Hip-Hop Family Tree, Wizzywig) takes you on a pulse-pounding tour of X-Men history unlike anything you’ve ever experienced before — an intricate labor of love that stitches together hundreds of classic and obscure stories into one seamless X-Men masterpiece! All three volumes of Piskor’s GRAND DESIGN series are collected in a single volume for the first time — taking you from Professor X’s formation of the original team, through the Second Genesis of the All-New, All-Different X-Men and the devastating Dark Phoenix Saga, to 1980s epics, such as Inferno, that pushed mutantkind to the brink of X-tinction! Collecting X-MEN: GRAND DESIGN #1-2, X-MEN: GRAND DESIGN — SECOND GENESIS #1-2 and X-MEN: GRAND DESIGN — X-TINCTION #1-2.
    488 PGS./Rated T+ …$100.00