Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Umm, that was Helmut in Under Siege. Heinrich died 50 years ago with the First Masters of Evil.
    Oops. That's right.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Zolalnadia View Post
    I like the classic Frightful four, even if they are low level villains and reformed now.
    No one seems to have been able to top their first two appearances during the Lee & Kirby. They defeated the Fantastic Four their first time out and in their second the Wizard turned Ben against the FF and they almost won again. I was always a bit fond of femme fatale Medusa more interesting than just being Black Bolt's faithful consort.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-13-2015 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post

2 of the most BAMFs in comics EVER
    I still would like to see them join forces again some day.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I still would like to see them join forces again some day.
    ANAD doom seems like spoilers:
    he could use a few favors from Namor
    end of spoilers
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

image.jpg

Mr Sinister and his Marauders. Pure evil....er for u non X fans they broke Thor's arm

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    image.jpg

Mr Sinister and his Marauders. Pure evil....er for u non X fans they broke Thor's arm
    Meh, sorta. At the time, Hela had cursed Thor, rending his bones especially brittle. It was the excuse to wrap him in that ludicrous armor rather than his traditional costume.

images.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    The original Hellfire Club's Inner Circle with their mercenary army was pretty cool!
    I loved them, but I never thought they were used to their full potential after their first appearance.

BANNED

The Elements of Doom!!!
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 10-14-2015 at 09:47 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    No one seems to have been able to top their first two appearances during the Lee & Kirby. They defeated the Fantastic Four their first time out and in their second the Wizard turned Ben against the FF and they almost won again. I was always a bit fond of femme fatale Medusa more interesting than just being Black Bolt's faithful consort.

The face mask of 616 Medusa is AWESOME! THAT'S HOW YOU DRAW A COOL FACE MASK! Jack Kirby was unquestionably The King!

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    The face mask of 616 Medusa is AWESOME! THAT'S HOW YOU DRAW A COOL FACE MASK! Jack Kirby was unquestionably The King!
    'Nuff Said! This issue occurs shortly before Joe Sinnott takes over as the regular inker on the Fantastic Four. Vince Colletta was one of several that would ink the title in that era and is the most controversial. He worked very quickly so that the book would meet deadlines and Kirby enthusiasts point out how he would cut corners by leaving out background details, etc. But I think he softened the look of a lot of the female characters.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Probably a tie between classic Hellfire Club (every member after Our Lord Magneto sucked) and Mystique's Brotherhood.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Warwolves..
    warwolves.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

BANNED

Giant-Size Defenders #4 Apr 1975
    "Too Cold a Night for Dying!" Guest-starring Yellowjacket.
    Kyle Richmond and Trish Starr's wonderful night at the Lincoln Center is ripped apart by a car bomb!
    The emergency first responders rush Kyle and Trish to the hospital in hopes of saving their lives!
    Doctor Strange and Valkyrie are shocked by the bombing and wonder who would want to kill Nighthawk.

Likewise across town Henry Pym sees the news report of the Broadway bombing and wonders who would want to kill Trish Starr.
    Yellowjacket has a prime suspect in mind! And quickly corrals Egghead!

In the meantime, the Defenders also have a prime suspect! The Squadron Sinister!
    However, defeating the Squadron Sinister is much easier said than done!
    Doctor Strange, Valkyrie and the Hulk track the squadron to the Crayton Observatory!

But their surprise attack falls apart when Doctor Spectrum neutralizes the Hulk and then knocks out his two teammates!

Fortunately though, Yellowjacket acting on a tip from Nighthawk frees the Defenders and sets up the final showdown back in New York City!

Plot by Don McGregor and Roger Slifer. Script by Steve Gerber. Pencils by Don Heck. Inks by Vince Colletta.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

The Frightful Four:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sinister Syndicate

Or

Taskmaster and Black Ant

I oddly always like Carnage