Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    BVR is the court of own done right? never.

bad blood seems to be good, I like this vibe. remember when I was starting to read comics, dick was batman, batwoman helping on Inc. hope this one will be good
    Except it's true, I dont think it's necessarily better just right,it took original story's flaws and turned them around.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Except it's true, I dont think it's necessarily better just right,it took original story's flaws and turned them around.
    I'd say that BvR cleaned it up, and was still a decent story, but there wasn't much depth to the story, or characters.

The Born to Kill elements were just completely lack luster in comparison to the comic story.

If they want to make this adaptions, they should either go the UtRH, or TDKR, routes. Both are much better adaptations.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    The lack of merchandise sale shows lack of interest which led to it being put on hiatus and eventually cancellation. Only a niche comic fan base liked the show.
    Actually, I'm fairly certain the problem was less niche and more that it had the wrong demographic for toy companies; its raw numbers were good for Cartoon Network, but while the ideal Cartoon Network show targets rather young boys who seem more likely to buy the toys expected of them, the significantly older and more gender equal fan-base for Young Justice doesn't fit that parameter.

Which does pose an interesting question about these DVDs; what is their specific demographic? They strike me as being more mature than their series counterparts, what with the violence and somewhat more mature content. And their entire formula strikes me as very much like they tried to fuel everything through the Avengers demographic of teens and up. And because they don't rely on toy sales at all, they only have to focus on getting enough casual and hardcore fans to stay alive. It's economical, and may explain why the series seems to display a disregard for building up the rogue's galleries like DCAU fans are expecting. If they aren't going to feature Deathstroke or Black Manta again, why should they bother making them competent? Marvel doesn't do that, so why should they?
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Actually, I'm fairly certain the problem was less niche and more that it had the wrong demographic for toy companies; its raw numbers were good for Cartoon Network, but while the ideal Cartoon Network show targets rather young boys who seem more likely to buy the toys expected of them, the significantly older and more gender equal fan-base for Young Justice doesn't fit that parameter.

Which does pose an interesting question about these DVDs; what is their specific demographic? They strike me as being more mature than their series counterparts, what with the violence and somewhat more mature content. And their entire formula strikes me as very much like they tried to fuel everything through the Avengers demographic of teens and up. And because they don't rely on toy sales at all, they only have to focus on getting enough casual and hardcore fans to stay alive. It's economical, and may explain why the series seems to display a disregard for building up the rogue's galleries like DCAU fans are expecting. If they aren't going to feature Deathstroke or Black Manta again, why should they bother making them competent? Marvel doesn't do that, so why should they?
    Yup, YJ appealed to an older, more gender equal audience that wasn't going to buy children toys.

Clearly they've fixed that for the movies tho. That's why Damian is overshadowing EVERYBODY, wrecking freaking Deathstroke, and being able to fight William/Talon. He's to appeal to the little boys, so they buy his toys.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    Yup, YJ appealed to an older, more gender equal audience that wasn't going to buy children toys.

Clearly they've fixed that for the movies tho. That's why Damian is overshadowing EVERYBODY, wrecking freaking Deathstroke, and being able to fight William/Talon. He's to appeal to the little boys, so they buy his toys.
    Then explain flashpoint and the assault on Arkham movies ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Then explain flashpoint and the assault on Arkham movies ?
    We've been talking Nu52 movies. Really mainly Batman movies too.

Flashpoint isn't a Nu52 movie, and Assault on Arkham is not in continuity. People have only complained about the Nu52 movies being lackluster, not the other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post

Actually, Black Manta was pretty competent. His plan was working fine aside from interference by Arthur and the League, he had Orm eating out of the palm of his hand, and he was beating the tar out of Aquaman. He just didn't expect to be attacked from behind by a shark .

I'm sorry I don't remember a thing from this trailer besides the great Kate Kane! Not to mention the gorgeous voice over by the lovely Yvonne Strahovski! Gahhhh I need this film now!
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

BANNED

the cartoon did at least make court of owls watchable
    considering how awful synder's run on batman has been its no small feet
    perhaps they could copy a half decent batman writer for their next movie

Night Cries, The Long Halloween, The Killing Joke, and Venom. These are the stories that should be animated if you want a good Batman story. Damian Wayne has destroyed the Batman universe. I wont even mention the court of whootninnies. You dont have to reinvent the wheel to make a good tire. The Damain Wayne movies and comics should fall on the weight of its own stupidity. If you want a Robin with conflicting philosophy you have Dick. If you want a rebellious Robin you had Jason. Damian Wayne doesn't fit. Any true Batman would have kicked that little turds can back to the Lazarus pits by now. But they will probably just blame pirated comic books/movies instead of the regurgitated feces smear they call Robin these days or the awful story lines the decide to adapt.

Why does Damian get 3 movies and counting? Just... why? Was Under the Red Hood not successful?

God forbid either Jason or Tim show up, because WB apparently thinks no one likes these characters. Then again, this is their version of Battle for the Cowl so better keep Jason as far away from this as possible.

Pearls before swine.

I loved the first two, I don't expect to feel any differently about this. I was so excited to see Dick is Batman, I stopped the trailer to save any other spoilers.

Can't wait.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

So no Jason, Babs, or Tim in this animated universe? That's incredibly stupid. I'd care a lot more if the recent movies hadn't been some of the worst DC animated movies in recent memory. Son of Batman is unwatchable. Deathstroke jobbing to Damian is a joke.

There's still a chance that Babs could show up. She just appears in Gotham after Batwoman in this continuity. Jason's death could be the dark secret Batman doesn't talk about explaining why he never tells Damian. Red Hood could still show up later. Poor Tim seem like the least likely to appear.

All-New Member
    Huntington Beach, California (I go to Comics Unlimted Comic Shop)

Default Batman Bad Blood Animated Movie

Yea imo its kinda dumb but i will watch it lol
    Last edited by ComicFan2099; 10-28-2015 at 05:38 PM.