Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default New Wonder Woman Digital Series Announced - Wonder Woman: The Legend of Wonder Woman

For our Digital fans, January also brings a new Digital First series featuring the Amazon warrior princess herself, WONDER WOMAN! THE LEGEND OF WONDER WOMAN is a nine-issue digital series written by Renae De Liz, with art by Ray Dillon. In the beginning there was only chaos. But Hippolyta, Queen of the Amazons, was a better future – and eventually her daughter would be destined to bring that new world to life. But before her ultimate destiny is revealed, Diana of Themyscira must learn the important lessons of an Amazonian childhood!

This sounds interesting.

BANNED

funny that renae de liz and ray dillon are a married couple!!
    I know renae from womanthology anthology.

it's really good seeing them do a story for wonder woman on a digital first.

young wonder owman learning to be a amazon? I'm in. it is not much explored, glad they are doing this.

why this team is so much better than what we have on main book? DC is trolling us

Why can't it be a solo printed book?
    Damn, it all.

Why can't it be a solo printed book?
    Damn, it all.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Hopefully DC will print this as well when it's complete. Sounds very cool and looks beautiful!

Incredible Member

I personally would prefer that Renae also do the art as well but I can still get behind this.

So they got rid of the Wonder Woman "practica" burqa costume I see. So much of her "sinful" skin is showing here again. I wonder how many times DC is going to try to change her just to change it right back because nobody likes it.

Sounds very interesting. Knew something WW related would replace Sensation.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

Which Wonder Woman? Pre Flashpoint or post?
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

My initial thought was neither. Its own entity. But it the announcement doesn't say for sure.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Which Wonder Woman? Pre Flashpoint or post?
    I believe it is kind of sensation comics, a stand alone that the writer cherry picks the best parts (i hope)

Renae de liz is writing and drawing.

this is not on sensation comics place, it's only 9 issues

BANNED

I'm honestly not sure what DC is thinking; isn't using the concept of trying to remove Wonder Woman from a male adult audience what got Sensation Comics canceled in the first place? Sure, I want to see her coming up among the Amazons, but, not as a little girl.

Incredible Member

I like the idea, and I hope this turns out well. I just wish this were happening in the pre-crisis period with scientifically-advanced Amazons, but I'll happily buy work by talented people that breathes life into DC's Amazonian culture.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    I personally would prefer that Renae also do the art as well but I can still get behind this.
    The update on CBR says that Dillon is only inking her, not that he's doing full art chores, so today, you get most of your preference! :-)