Thread: The X-Files

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The X-Files

It's coming back!

I used to love this programme, but let's be honest: it went on one series too many.
    So, with that in mind, who's excited about it coming back?
    Personally, I'm kind of divided: on one hand I respect that it isn't a straight-up reboot with new actors going through all the same stuff as before, but in today's society, whereas, on the other hand, I'm kind of wondering how the hell they're going to explain all the mystery solving having been put on hold for something like 15 years.

Well, I plan on giving it a chance, that much is fact. So who else is game?

Quote Originally Posted by VivaChiba View Post
    It's coming back!

I used to love this programme, but let's be honest: it went on one series too many.
    So, with that in mind, who's excited about it coming back?
    Personally, I'm kind of divided: on one hand I respect that it isn't a straight-up reboot with new actors going through all the same stuff as before, but in today's society, whereas, on the other hand, I'm kind of wondering how the hell they're going to explain all the mystery solving having been put on hold for something like 15 years.

Well, I plan on giving it a chance, that much is fact. So who else is game?
    It lost its edge when Fox and the producers tried to rob the actors from their residual royalties - probably the writers and everyone else as well. The creator of Breaking Bad was a writer on the X-Files and he said he learned a lot from it and it influenced his style and it showed in the greatness of that series. The X-Files was always well acted and well made. I loved the show and hope the new one is just as good.

I'm wondering how they're going to explain the Cigarette Smoking Man coming back. However, since he had alien clones of Mulder's sister Samantha, it's not that farfetched I think that he's either a clone or the one who died was a clone or shape shifter.

I think that's the explanation that the recent comics used (Which I don't think are going to be considered 'canon' at all, but they did have Chris Carter doing some work on them so maybe there's a transfer of ideas).

BANNED

I loved the X-Files all the way through. Seasons 6 and 7 were the weakest, in my opinion, even though there were some good episodes. Seasons 8 and 9 were my favorites because I absolutely LOVED John Doggett. I was gutted to find out that Robert Patrick isn't going to be returning for the miniseries. I liked his character way more than Mulder's. At least Monica Reyes is coming back though! I always dreamed of a spin-off featuring her character investigating occult/ritualistic crimes, with her unique psychic ability. It would have been great!

Overall, I'm excited for the revival, even if Robert Patrick isn't in it. Maybe it this does well we can bring back MILLENNIUM!

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Annoyed with announcements the romance is back off.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

BANNED

Default The X-Files 2016

Are you ready for...

Season 10
    Airs Jan 24, 2016
    Last edited by ZNOP; 01-03-2016 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Pic(s) added.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Default The X-Files starts tonight!

One of my all time favorite tv shows is back tonight! I'm so excited!!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

This was the show that basically said "You have to come back and watch the next episode". Prior to this show, I'd watch episodes of serials from here and there, mostly sitcoms. As soon as the X-Files aired, I knew watching TV would not be the same.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

If this works out I hope they come back for more short seasons every once in a while like Duchovny talked about. Either way, so glad we're getting more.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Yeah, 10-13 episodes per season would be just fine by me. I already heard positive reviews and Carter has stated that he has plenty of stories to tell.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Can't wait for the Darin Morgan episode in particular. He wrote some of the best X-Files episodes.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)