Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: The X-Files

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Whoa the Miller and Einstein characters were so grating. What's with putting CW actors on the X-Files? Seems like such a come down after having the hilarous Rhys Darby on.

Just say Robbie Amell's character was a hoax or something, he's not a good fit here. I don't want to have to just go back to reading the comics.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 02-18-2016 at 07:03 PM.

I kind of liked Einstein, I could sort of see her as a Scully replacement because Scully has been through a lot at this point. Miller didn't seem to add anything new, except his translation skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    I remember where I saw Lauren before. She was in Dig
    I remember her from Torchwood. Quite a different character!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Dude, that was the setup of X-files TNG.
    You didnt find the dynamic between the agent paring interesting?
    Hell no! I don't want the Next Generation to be a bunch of CW pretty faces!

And their dynamic was basically Mulder and Scully 2.0. It was boring! IF they were setting up the successors then at least make them different!

Star Trek TNG was better than original Star Trek for that very reason!

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Whoa the Miller and Einstein characters were so grating. What's with putting CW actors on the X-Files? Seems like such a come down after having the hilarous Rhys Darby on.

Just say Robbie Amell's character was a hoax or something, he's not a good fit here. I don't want to have to just go back to reading the comics.
    Agreed! The story was also an unfocused and tone-deaf mess!
    Last edited by Vernedi; 02-19-2016 at 04:07 AM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Seems more and more indications that if scheduling & money can be met with Gillian (especially) and David, then Fox is gonna do Season 2. Which would be great, and hopefully have more episodes and allow things to develop.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Seems more and more indications that if scheduling & money can be met with Gillian (especially) and David, then Fox is gonna do Season 2. Which would be great, and hopefully have more episodes and allow things to develop.
    Wouldn't it technically be Season 11?

Although if we counted the comics, would be Season 13... but seems this revival show has made the X-Files Season 10/11 comics non-canon.
    Last edited by Vernedi; 02-19-2016 at 07:05 PM.