Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

LOVED IT!

But then I've always loved Laura.

One of my favorite issues of the Bendis run was the one that focused on the Angel/Laura romance, it was a warm, cute story. So I'm glad to see him here. It's funny - while I don't hate him, Warren's always been just kind of... there. Or Gambit, never liked him. But Laura must bring out the best in people because when they are with her, I find I've suddenly become a fan of folks like Angel and (from an earlier series) Gambit.

I do wish they'd change the mask, I get the brand recognition, and I can understand her wanting to honor Logan. But I'd like her to have her own identity.

Anyway, I like the clone side of it, I liked the last page and Laura's reaction... seeing her humanity there. I enjoyed the scene with Logan, very sweet. Solid story, solid art - all told a rock solid start. I'm adding this to my pulls.
    “That’s right, I’m Doughy Man! Butter is my ally, steak does my bidding! Sour cream bows down before me in total abject terror!”

Quote Originally Posted by Doughy Man! View Post
    LOVED IT!

But then I've always loved Laura.

One of my favorite issues of the Bendis run was the one that focused on the Angel/Laura romance, it was a warm, cute story. So I'm glad to see him here. It's funny - while I don't hate him, Warren's always been just kind of... there. Or Gambit, never liked him. But Laura must bring out the best in people because when they are with her, I find I've suddenly become a fan of folks like Angel and (from an earlier series) Gambit.

I do wish they'd change the mask, I get the brand recognition, and I can understand her wanting to honor Logan. But I'd like her to have her own identity.

Anyway, I like the clone side of it, I liked the last page and Laura's reaction... seeing her humanity there. I enjoyed the scene with Logan, very sweet. Solid story, solid art - all told a rock solid start. I'm adding this to my pulls.
    Remember this a very early Warren, the original X-Men are plucked out of the timeline around issue seven or eight. He was far less affected and much more of a dynamic young teenager.

Yup I remember.

I've been reading Angel stories since the 60s, right on through to Bendis' All-New X-Men.
    “That’s right, I’m Doughy Man! Butter is my ally, steak does my bidding! Sour cream bows down before me in total abject terror!”

As Logan had various cameos in their magazines it appears that will happen to Laura too. In the case Dr Strange and Wasp!?
    Wasp character recently married Havok in another timeline and had a daughter who was kidnapped by Kang.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/11/...ent-wolverine/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    As Logan had various cameos in their magazines it appears that will happen to Laura too. In the case Dr Strange and Wasp!?
    Wasp character recently married Havok in another timeline and had a daughter who was kidnapped by Kang.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/11/...ent-wolverine/
    Interesting team-up. I knew about Strange, as we've seen that cover. Wasp is news, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Interesting team-up. I knew about Strange, as we've seen that cover. Wasp is news, though.
    And now you can probably guess who's on that cover.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XCE View Post
    And now you can probably guess who's on that cover.
    Yeah, I was just thinking about that post.