View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
561. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

    54 9.63%
  • Deluxe

    221 39.39%
  • Omnibus

    228 40.64%
  • Absolute

    125 22.28%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1049 of 1225 FirstFirst ... 495499499991039104510461047104810491050105110521053105910991149 ... LastLast
Results 15,721 to 15,735 of 18366
  1. #15721
    Spectacular Member pch3727's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    170

    Default

    IMO, American Vampire is Snyder at his best and this is coming from a guy who loves black mirror and court of owls. I haven't read the second cycle but the first cycle is top notch comics.

  2. #15722
    Fantastic Member OldManBrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    431

    Default

    Thanks to all for the American Vampire info. I had no idea they had enough for two omnis. I read the first two hardcovers when they came out but lost track with the bazillion other books constantly releasing. From what I recall it was pretty good. I'll have to re-read those first volumes and see if I want to continue with the omnis, or possibly just continue with the standard hardcovers.

  3. #15723
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,743

    Default

    Good to see the Norm Breyfogle LOTDK HC Vol. 2 finally getting a release. It's taken quite a while.

  4. #15724
    I am the law Judge Dredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mega-City One
    Posts
    1,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    IMO, American Vampire is Snyder at his best and this is coming from a guy who loves black mirror and court of owls. I haven't read the second cycle but the first cycle is top notch comics.
    I agree with it is him at this best the second cycle has been good, but slow. The first cycle is great glad to see it get collected in omnibus form big fan of Skinner plus the first issues have the Stephen King back ups also.

  5. #15725
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    3,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Good to see the Norm Breyfogle LOTDK HC Vol. 2 finally getting a release. It's taken quite a while.
    Not as long as Moench & Jones Vol. 2, or Gene Colan Vol. 2...

    I'm looking forward to all three!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  6. #15726
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Not as long as Moench & Jones Vol. 2, or Gene Colan Vol. 2...

    I'm looking forward to all three!
    Hmmm, that's very true. I plan on picking up the Moench & Jones HC Vol. 2 also.

  7. #15727
    Mighty Member Vilynne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    Hey guys. Went on vacation in L.A and I found a tpb of WW: Contagion. I got it for cover price too! Was wonderingof anyone needed this for their collection, otherwise I'll just add it to mine. Let me know!

  8. #15728
    Fantastic Member JoeGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    496

    Default

    I was wondering if Swamp Thing Absolutes increase or decrease the likelihood of an omnibus release? I'm thinking of doing a custom bind next week.

  9. #15729
    Spectacular Member Sandbagger77's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    I was wondering if Swamp Thing Absolutes increase or decrease the likelihood of an omnibus release? I'm thinking of doing a custom bind next week.
    It decreases the likelihood of it happening in the next few years After that there's a pretty good chance of an omnibus as DC likes to repackage its material in as many formats as it can get away with it. If you check out the wiki page for DC Absolutes you can see that several have been repackaged as Omnibuses or Deluxe Editions, although occasionally the movement is in the other direction (Omnibus -> Absolute).

  10. #15730
    Mighty Member Vilynne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    I'm okay with the Absolute ST. Although I question how many volumes it would be. Im assuming they're going to halt on once Moore's run is complete.

  11. #15731
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I'm okay with the Absolute ST. Although I question how many volumes it would be. Im assuming they're going to halt on once Moore's run is complete.
    It looks like it will be a 3 volume set.

    Alan Moore wrote Swamp Thing #20-64 and Annual #2 (and DC Comics Presents #89). Bleeding Cool has the contents of Volume 1 as ST #20-34 and Annual #2. This also matches the Vol 1 and 2 of the 6 TBP series that collected the Moore run.

    Also, DC Comics Presents was not included in the TBP series, but in the general DC Universe by Alan Moore collection. I would guess that it will not be included in the Absolute line.

  12. #15732
    Mighty Member Vilynne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    It looks like it will be a 3 volume set.

    Alan Moore wrote Swamp Thing #20-64 and Annual #2 (and DC Comics Presents #89). Bleeding Cool has the contents of Volume 1 as ST #20-34 and Annual #2. This also matches the Vol 1 and 2 of the 6 TBP series that collected the Moore run.

    Also, DC Comics Presents was not included in the TBP series, but in the general DC Universe by Alan Moore collection. I would guess that it will not be included in the Absolute line.
    Ah, so they'll likely have 1 and 2. 3&4 and 5&6 in the collections. Right on. Too bad they won't release anymore Swamp Thing content

  13. #15733
    Incredible Member JPAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Despite having a volume 1 in the title, does anybody know if this American Vampire omni collects the entire series? I've got the first couple of hardcovers but fell off the series and lost track with it.

    http://prhinternational.com/book/?isbn=9781401284831
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02...-omnibus-2018/

    Bleeding cool says it collect #1-27, American Vampire: survival of the fittest #1-5 and American Vampire: Lord of nightmares #1-5.

  14. #15734
    I am the law Judge Dredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mega-City One
    Posts
    1,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02...-omnibus-2018/

    Bleeding cool says it collect #1-27, American Vampire: survival of the fittest #1-5 and American Vampire: Lord of nightmares #1-5.
    Yeah that is most of the first cycle so they still have a handful of issues from the first cycle, plus the one shot annual specials with other creators telling stories and then the second cycle. However the second omnibus is small at this point they only have about 20 issues not collected in this omnibus. I wonder if it will change to include up to 34, but that would only leave 11 issues out there. The series is basically been at a stand still since the end of 2015 and has no sign of picking up again soon, but seems weird to do the omnibus and not collect it all as it does not have enough content to justify a high price tag of an omnibus for vol 2 more of a deluxe or absolute size.

  15. #15735
    Astonishing Member TomSlick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,448

    Default

    If I want to read Fables in OHC editions, what do I need that's been published so far? I know there's:

    15 volumes of Fables
    2 volumes of Jack of Fables

    Is 1001 Nights of Snowfall oversized?

    Is there anything else?

    Also, what would be left to collect? It looks like Jack of Fables would need a third volume to complete that and I know there was a Bigby series but I don't think it's in a deluxe HC edition.

    Thanks in advance.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •