View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Antari View Post
    So with this new solics I guess DC is going back to basics HC and pulling back those amazing OHC they released for few Rebirth titles?

THE GREEN LANTERN VOL. 1: INTERGALACTIC LAWMAN HC

I was hoping to get this in OHC format, but it looks like standard HC. Shame.
    All of the rebirth deluxes so far have been after the standard paperback collections are released. That seems to be the case too with Snyder's Justice League, which has a deluxe Edition listed for December this year.

If Morrison's GL is getting a deluxe edition (and it's as good a candidate as any), it will probably be after the paperback editions of the standard HCs are released. If I had to guess, I'd say the first deluxe would be about 18months after the first standard HC, but that's making a lot of assumptions.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

DC's Omnibus sales figures for February 2019:

73. Wonder Woman by Phil Jiminez Omnibus - 874
    79. He Man & The Masters of the Universe Omnibus - 806

Can someone post pics (or link to a pic) of the new Watchmen book with its slipcase? I'm interested to see what these look like. thx
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Spotted some more cancellations on Edelweiss. I don't think these have been listed before.

Challengers of the Unknown by Loeb and Sale TP
    Batman: Faces of the Shadow TP (DC Essential Edition, collecting #0 to 12 of the New 52 Detective Comics series)
    Green Lantern: Earth One TP

Bleeding Cool also had some other cancellations, but these are due to be resolicited.

Essential Batman: Death Of The Family Saga TPB,
    Essential Batman: Hush TPB,
    Hitman Vol 1 TPB
    Luthor 10th Anniversary Edition TPB.

Hush and Death of the Family are on Edelweiss for later this year, without the Essential Edition branding. Luthor is also scheduled for later this year, so all of these are likely to be resolicited. Hitman is unchanged on edelweiss, but generally speaking, if DC says they will resolicit, then they will resolicit.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    I had Luthor on order, gosh darnit.
    Looks like it'll happen, just later than first expected.

And watch your language, whipper snapper. This is a classy joint.

- Swamp Thing by Nancy A. Collins Omnibus (896 pages, $125)
    - Flash by Geoff Johns Omnibus vol. 1 (848 pages, $99 - not a reprint but a new edition; glad I held off on getting vols. 2 and 3 of the original version)
    - Batman Black and White Omnibus (no page number, $99 - this is one series that would‘ve deserved the Absolute treatment)

https://www.edelweiss.plus/#catalogID=4348306&page=1

And a serious blast from the past:
    - Super Friends: Saturday Morning Comics vol. 1 (HC, 512 pages, collecting #1-26). I‘ve never seen the actual cartoon but have fond memories of the comic - even though it is corny as hell.
    Last edited by LordJulius; 03-22-2019 at 11:15 AM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    - Flash by Geoff Johns Omnibus vol. 1 (848 pages, $99 - not a reprint but a new edition; glad I held off on getting vols. 2 and 3 of the original version)
    - Batman Black and White Omnibus (no page number, $99 - this is one series that would‘ve deserved the Absolute treatment)

- Super Friends: Saturday Morning Comics vol. 1 (HC, 512 pages, collecting #1-26). I‘ve never seen the actual cartoon but have fond memories of the comic - even though it is corny as hell.
    Great news. Same here with not picking up the originals but awaiting the eventual reprints.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post

Was the Nancy Collins run around the time Swamp Thing was published as a Vertigo title? Would love to revisit.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCinOntario View Post
    Was the Nancy Collins run around the time Swamp Thing was published as a Vertigo title? Would love to revisit.
    Collins ran #110-139 (+ annuals #6-7), and the first Vertigo branded issue was #129.

I'm super surprised to see this get an omnibus! On one hand I'd rather have 3 or 4 chunky trades; on the other hand, DC would probably only release a single volume then cancel the rest. So an omni may be the only way we'll ever see the entire Collins run collected!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Collins ran #110-139 (+ annuals #6-7), and the first Vertigo branded issue was #129.

I'm super surprised to see this get an omnibus! On one hand I'd rather have 3 or 4 chunky trades; on the other hand, DC would probably only release a single volume then cancel the rest. So an omni may be the only way we'll ever see the entire Collins run collected!
    Mixed feelings on this beast. Id rather have tbe chunky trades as well, but yes, the risk og cancelation is high.

On the other hand, I find it an odd/random collection to get. Skipping Veitch, Wheeler and straight to Collins. Not that Wheelers was any good per say, but still. Seeing Swamp Thing rock the 90s spikes and long hair, and the original idea for the Pirates of the Caribbean (so has been hinted) is pretty fun. Love all the Louisiana stuff as well. I suppose what im trying to say is, any uncollected Swamp Thing is good in my book, even if its not the best. Or of Millar came right after and cleared all that stuff off.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    A thousand times yes. I have the original set of trades that I've been wanting to upgrade for years now, and this will be perfect.

Lucifer remains the only Sandman-related work that I've enjoyed since the original series. I was never able to get into The Dreaming or The Dead Boy Detectives or anything like that. OK, scratch that, I loved both Death minis, but Lucifer is a worthy companion piece to Sandman and I feel I must now have this on my shelf.
    Can you read Lucifer without Sandman? I've read some issues of Sandman, but not the entire run.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Can you read Lucifer without Sandman? I've read some issues of Sandman, but not the entire run.
    You can read it on it's own, but I'd definitely recommend at least reading the "season of mists" arc (which introduces Lucifer and basically sets the stage for his series) to get the most out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    You can read it on it's own, but I'd definitely recommend at least reading the "season of mists" arc (which introduces Lucifer and basically sets the stage for his series) to get the most out of it.
    I've read that one.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I've read that one.
    Then it sounds like you're good to go