View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 948 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 4488488989389449459469479489499509519529589981048 ... LastLast
Results 14,206 to 14,220 of 21670
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    There's only one way to get Vol 2 with the new logo; buy all the remaining copies of the current print of Vol 2 so DC will reprint it with the new logo. Then buy that. Simples
    It feels like every omnibus, except the Infinite Crisis Omnibus, continuously gets reprinted when they're about to run out of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by benkerino View Post
    It feels like every omnibus, except the Infinite Crisis Omnibus, continuously gets reprinted when they're about to run out of stock.
    I think there are a few others that haven't gone back to print (eg Geoff Johns Teen Titans Omnibus), but in general DC are good at keeping books in print. Unlike other publishers...

Quote Originally Posted by coreycwheat View Post
    Anybody who has the first printing of the New Teen Titans Omnibus getting the New printing this week?
    I am. But sold the first printing of volume 1 and 2 a while back so I won't be able to compare

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I am. But sold the first printing of volume 1 and 2 a while back so I won't be able to compare
    Do you think they will be doing chronological instead of just the stuff by Perez?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by benkerino View Post
    AKA the one I really, really want.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    AKA the one I really, really want.
    I'm with you on that one!

Do you think they will be doing chronological instead of just the stuff by Perez?
    I believe that is the plan. It's also the gamble I took by selling the original ones hah

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I believe that is the plan. It's also the gamble I took by selling the original ones hah
    I bit the bullet and decided to get it as well, not a bad price, plus let's hope it is chronological, that third volume is just plain weird if you're trying to follow a story straight through.

All-New Member

Question for everyone, would you rather DC released the Golden Age Wonder Woman, Batman, and Superman volumes as they have at the rate of two a year, or release a volume of golden age, a volume of silver age, and a volume of bronze age of those characters each year?

Question for everyone, would you rather DC released the Golden Age Wonder Woman, Batman, and Superman volumes as they have at the rate of two a year, or release a volume of golden age, a volume of silver age, and a volume of bronze age of those characters each year?
    I think I speak for most here when I voice my opinion - that a rotation of all ages would be ideal. Some of us, while GA is great, would really prefer Silver Age or even Bronze Age of these titles. My only consideration why they wouldn't do it (outside of file preparation) is that if they did this method, people might STOP buying the Golden Age ones (?) I can tell you for me, if they had SA or BA WW, Bats or Supes available, I would be getting all of them and no GA (maybe in the trades but not the omnibuses).

Great questions, though!
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm ok with how they are doing it but understand the frustration of my fellow enthusiast who is itching for SA & BA Omni collections on Supes/Bats/WW.

I think @Rimmer is probably right. If they rotated the 'Ages' then it's likely the drop off on the GA material would be so great as to there being a justification to cease doing them all together. As it stands the buying audience for the GA material is niche and they can't afford a larger drop off then they are seeing I'd wager. These next volumes in each character set for the GA are likely crucial as these Omnis start picking up where the Archive Editions ended. I suspect DC is hoping to see an increase in orders due to these volumes now having never before collected content of this material. If those sales upticks aren't strong enough, or worse, don't happen we may see a drop of GA Omni and switch into SA. I'm hoping not as I'd like all the GA material Omnibused, knowing that's a lot.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm ok with how they are doing it but understand the frustration of my fellow enthusiast who is itching for SA & BA Omni collections on Supes/Bats/WW.

I think @Rimmer is probably right. If they rotated the 'Ages' then it's likely the drop off on the GA material would be so great as to there being a justification to cease doing them all together. As it stands the buying audience for the GA material is niche and they can't afford a larger drop off then they are seeing I'd wager. These next volumes in each character set for the GA are likely crucial as these Omnis start picking up where the Archive Editions ended. I suspect DC is hoping to see an increase in orders due to these volumes now having never before collected content of this material. If those sales upticks aren't strong enough, or worse, don't happen we may see a drop of GA Omni and switch into SA. I'm hoping not as I'd like all the GA material Omnibused, knowing that's a lot.
    Out of curiosity, not being super familiar with the material - how many (super approximate numbers, here) of Batman, Superman, and WW would there be to conclude the GA run and start up with Silver Age?
    All three books have 2 series folded into them, so it's going to be a slog. Plus I'm not sure exactly when they (DC) would have the cutoff be from GA to SA. Are we talking GA Superman or Batman going up to volume 10? Or only 7? WW has less issues I believe even between Sensation and WW proper, but still, that's a lot of volumes to go through.

Plus DC has already "cleaned up/restored" some of the SA and BA material by now, correct? For other collections? So Pushing out SA and BA omnibuses should be a cheaper route to go.

I could see this going the way of Marvel's MMW line. The GA material sell-through peters out, so they start pushing the SA and BA material. The eternal hope is "someday" they'll go back and complete the GA material, but most likely that won't happen.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

The drop off for GA is already huge, to the point that some are selling under 500 copies in release week.

I understand the era has it's fans, but for the sake of business, DC should be capitalising on the stuff that will sell and sell well, so they can release niche things like GA stuff and maybe take a bit of a hit on them not doing so well because Bronze Age (as an example) sold quadruple the amount.

It's rather silly irritating fans by making them wait so long for the stuff the majority want, while catering to a dwindling base that want the GA age, when you could keep both happy with some tweaks
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Out of curiosity, not being super familiar with the material - how many (super approximate numbers, here) of Batman, Superman, and WW would there be to conclude the GA run and start up with Silver Age?
    All three books have 2 series folded into them, so it's going to be a slog. Plus I'm not sure exactly when they (DC) would have the cutoff be from GA to SA. Are we talking GA Superman or Batman going up to volume 10? Or only 7? WW has less issues I believe even between Sensation and WW proper, but still, that's a lot of volumes to go through.
    Someone did their version of mapping Superman and came up with 12 volumes. Of course there is some discussion on when GA Superman actually ends and SA Superman starts vs when the Overstreet 'timestamp' of that demarcation point is as well. Batman would likely be the same. For sake of argument it's 12-13 Omni volumes for each character. I don't know about Wonder Woman. No one has tried mapping that to my knowledge. But even if it's 8-10 for her due to her not being in as many books during that age ones shelf would have about 32-35 Omnis just for the DC Trinity of the Golden Age. That is a lot of shelf space!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    I think I speak for most here when I voice my opinion - that a rotation of all ages would be ideal. Some of us, while GA is great, would really prefer Silver Age or even Bronze Age of these titles. My only consideration why they wouldn't do it (outside of file preparation) is that if they did this method, people might STOP buying the Golden Age ones (?) I can tell you for me, if they had SA or BA WW, Bats or Supes available, I would be getting all of them and no GA (maybe in the trades but not the omnibuses).

Great questions, though!
    If that's the case, I would love them to finish GA then move onto the others, I love how silly the early stuff is, I will definitely support the GA stuff to see it continue to be printed. Granted, I love all these characters in any age, there's always something to enjoy!😀