View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1069 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 6956996910191059106510661067106810691070107110721073107911191169 ... LastLast
Results 16,021 to 16,035 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    The Len Wein stuff which runs about 13 issues is decent but the rest is boring at best. The book however does have some decent art even after Wrightson left.
    Yes. It also includes the never before collected Marty Pasko run, which was extremely wordy and boring at times...but definitely not bad by any means. Theres and issue filled with movie tropes and homages, I believe thats issue #8...? And issues after #13 iirc are much better.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Yes. It also includes the never before collected Marty Pasko run, which was extremely wordy and boring at times...but definitely not bad by any means. Theres and issue filled with movie tropes and homages, I believe thats issue #8...? And issues after #13 iirc are much better.
    The Satanic issues were kind of cool.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:30 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    This might be old hat, but everyone's advice here has really worked out with JSA, Green Lantern, Gotham Central & Infinite Crisis. So I'm going 5 for 5.

Do you recommend the American Vampire Omnibus? I'm getting IC, but not FC if this is better. This looked like a better complete read.
    Yes. This is Snyder's best work (imo), and I think it's even better than all those you mentioned above (which are all pretty good in their own right). Also has great art from Albuquerque, Nguyen, and Murphy.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Do you recommend the American Vampire Omnibus? I'm getting IC, but not FC if this is better. This looked like a better complete read.
    Hell yeah. I could never get into the Snyder Batman hype train, but AV is great.

Ive just finished Aquaman by PAD Book 1. Really solid read. Not as good as TAC. But a nice successor. Really looking forward to reading more. Also ordered in Aquaman rebirth V.3. Im just loving this Aquaman kick ive been in. Been digging PAD a lot as well. Which reminds me i need to pick up v.3 of his Supergirl. So much to read!

Incredible Member

Batman: Zero Year deserves the Absolute treatment. The art is stupendous.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Ive just finished Aquaman by PAD Book 1. Really solid read. Not as good as TAC. But a nice successor. Really looking forward to reading more. Also ordered in Aquaman rebirth V.3. Im just loving this Aquaman kick ive been in. Been digging PAD a lot as well. Which reminds me i need to pick up v.3 of his Supergirl. So much to read!
    Same here on Pad Aquaman. I never expected to like the hook hand and other stuff so much.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Same here on Pad Aquaman. I never expected to like the hook hand and other stuff so much.
    Some of it isnt my favorite, but its also a lot of fun. Especially considering how ive read a lot more modern Aquaman runs, its great to see the "origin" of them here

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    Probably the selling point of this volume is the Len Wein run. I think this run is coming out in trade by itself. Something to consider. I also don't regret buying it. I think the Omni size is worth it for the art.
    Yeah I have it and it's great, I actually read the Saga Of The Swamp Thing issues from 1982 before the Wein/Wrightson stuff so I have a soft spot for those Martin Pasko/Tom Yeates stories.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I now have the thinner Deluxe HCs of Batman Year One and Two.
    That got me curious about Year Three.
    I quick bit of research shows me that was done in 1989. Its 30th Anniversary is coming up next year. I'd like them to go ahead and collect that as well.
    On a personal note that was when I was really buying Batman so unlike Y1&2 I was reading month to month at that point so the nostalgia factor is there.
    Year Three is interesting but has pretty bad art by Pat Broderick.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    Yeah I have it and it's great, I actually read the Saga Of The Swamp Thing issues from 1982 before the Wein/Wrightson stuff so I have a soft spot for those Martin Pasko/Tom Yeates stories.
    I need to get back to reading it soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post

Makes perfect sense as JLA sets up Libra's backstory to the event.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:30 PM.

My most recent haul during the past couple of weeks. I've been picking up a lot of BKV books (I've read these series before but they're all pretty great). I've managed to get each book for about $10 now that Marvel and DC have announced omnibus collections (or Absolute collections in the case of Y Last Man). Also, I'm continuing my run on Fables! Since most of the books are DC, I figured to post here.

IMG_0323.jpg
    IMG_0324.jpg