View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 502 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 24024524924984995005015025035045055065125526021002 ... LastLast
Results 7,516 to 7,530 of 21662

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Mine came in a few days ago from indigo, this is all I've got so far. I can take more tomorrow!

Oh man nice! Thanks so much please take as many pics as possible. I hears its a really nice, vibrant, colorful book. Thanks again.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Has anyone got the 'Just Imagine...Stan Lee creates the DC Universe' omnibus?

I've heard mixed things about the stories, but heard it has some top notch artists involved.

What is the build on the book like, and is it worth picking up?
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Has anyone got the 'Just Imagine...Stan Lee creates the DC Universe' omnibus?

I've heard mixed things about the stories, but heard it has some top notch artists involved.

What is the build on the book like, and is it worth picking up?
    I have it. I love "elseworld" type stories. The multiverse is what makes DC special in my eyes. There's some really nice ideas about alternative hero interpretations in there, some of the art is great and some of the backup stories written by other writers are pretty good. However, Stan Lees writing is really really dated, I found parts of it a chore and a struggle. The build is mediocre, nothing special.

I'd say I'd you like alternative universe/elseworlds and you can get it cheap pick it up, but its something most collections can do without.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    maybe I'm a bit late but I still think DC is hit or miss but IZombie is only like 600 pages so probably it will be okay. Can't remember the last awful binding, probably those true mousetraps are things of the past now (hopefully). Paperstock I think will be glossy since it's a recent book, nothing spectacular but above MArvel event ohc level.
    Thanks, I appreciate it! I decided I had plenty to read in last night's order, so I could spend an extra $3.75 and wait a week to check out some responses (and maybe even photos).
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    I have it. I love "elseworld" type stories. The multiverse is what makes DC special in my eyes. There's some really nice ideas about alternative hero interpretations in there, some of the art is great and some of the backup stories written by other writers are pretty good. However, Stan Lees writing is really really dated, I found parts of it a chore and a struggle. The build is mediocre, nothing special.

I'd say I'd you like alternative universe/elseworlds and you can get it cheap pick it up, but its something most collections can do without.
    I love Elseworld's stuff and can get it for £30, which is pretty cheap in my book.

Might as well give it a go. Nothing else to buy this month.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by World1 View Post
    Oh man nice! Thanks so much please take as many pics as possible. I hears its a really nice, vibrant, colorful book. Thanks again.
    Here's the binding. You can see glue, but that could be for the ribbon? It's sewn though because you can see them if you open the book far enough.

The book holds open from the first issue!

Here's how the binding looks halfway in

Some other information, there's no printed cover, it's just the black board with "batman golden age omnibus volume 1" stamped in it. The spine of the cover also has the same writing as the dust jacket.

Here's the binding. You can see glue, but that could be for the ribbon? It's sewn though because you can see them if you open the book far enough.

Some other information, there's no printed cover, it's just the black board with "batman golden age omnibus volume 1" stamped in it. The spine of the cover also has the same writing as the dust jacket.
    Thanks so much for these. I just placed my order. Can't wait.

Love how the dust jacket for Golden Age Batman matches the Superman one.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Thanks for posting these...placing my order now!
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Amazing Member Henrik K. Kristensen's Avatar

From the looks of these pictures, this seems to be the best binding in a DC book yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik K. Kristensen View Post
    From the looks of these pictures, this seems to be the best binding in a DC book yet?
    Looks a lot like Dark Horse library edition bindings. Very nice.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik K. Kristensen View Post
    Golden Age Superman currently holds thi title but Golden Age Batman dosn't look too far off!

Amazing Member Henrik K. Kristensen's Avatar

Golden Age Superman currently holds thi title but Golden Age Batman dosn't look too far off!

Yes forgot about that one. I have it on my shelf and the binding is good (would have been perfect book for me if it has 200 pages less and DC din't treat us like **** with the horrible black cover)

I think Sleeper deserves that title more. It's the same as in Superman Golden Age, but it came first. I was disappointed when Planetary came out after Sleeper but had the usual crappy binding DC uses most of the time.

According to this website, there's a Batman Noir edition of the Killing Joke on the way! I'm super excited about this since I grew up with the original and I just hate the coloring on the new Deluxe Edition.