View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 667 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1675676176576636646656666676686696706716777177671167 ... LastLast
Results 9,991 to 10,005 of 21670

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    is gen 13 good as well? I tend to trust your taste because you are quite picky (in a no bulls#& way) but for some reason I was under the impression that gen 13 is not really good.

Also happy to see Mignola stuff, gonna get both CO and the DCU by Mignola.
    The later stuff around Worlds end was good, but wildstorm were down to about 4 (or 5??) series by then, all tied together and all good

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    The later stuff around Worlds end was good, but wildstorm were down to about 4 (or 5??) series by then, all tied together and all good
    if thw whole is not good I will probably skip this one. World's end was the one where DNA wrote the Authority and Jack Hawksmoore was in a wheelchair and Midnighter and Apollo were separated because Apollo had to be above the clouds?
    I liked that run.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    Really loving all this Omnibus and Deluxe Edition collecting in my life that started this summer. Boy, was I missing out after coming back to comics after a couple decades.

Seeking advice...

I've order some non DC titles for my husband and I to check out. If we don't like them, we'll sell them. I've ordered the TPB 100 Bullets, the HC of Y: the Last Man, HC of the Watchmen, and I have funds to buy one more.
    I have no idea if we'll like these, but thought I would give it a try.
    I also wanted to get the HC of DMZ 1 as my choice but the cost is ridiculous!!!
    So which is better for one more purchase? The Astro City or Invincible series?
    Which stories pull you in more?
    Neither. I'd buy East of West or Lazarus
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Really loving all this Omnibus and Deluxe Edition collecting in my life that started this summer. Boy, was I missing out after coming back to comics after a couple decades.

Seeking advice...

I've order some non DC titles for my husband and I to check out. If we don't like them, we'll sell them. I've ordered the TPB 100 Bullets, the HC of Y: the Last Man, HC of the Watchmen, and I have funds to buy one more.
    I have no idea if we'll like these, but thought I would give it a try.
    I also wanted to get the HC of DMZ 1 as my choice but the cost is ridiculous!!!
    So which is better for one more purchase? The Astro City or Invincible series?
    Which stories pull you in more?
    I haven't read The Astro City yet but i have read the first 8 trades of Invincible and they were so... so good. I even decided to upgrade to HC for The Invincible cause it deserves to be owned in the best format.

Also very confused on the Green Lantern Silver age omnibus. On amazon the newest omnibus' title is Green Lantern The Silver Age Omnibus Volume 1 but it collects the issues right after the second Green Lantern Omnibus and in the description states that it is Volume 3. Is it a reprint of the first two or a continuation?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    These are two good recommendations. I recently read both of them in their respective deluxe releases. Great stuff.

Looked on Amazon to see what preordering the JLA the Bronze Age omni would cost... And it's £74.87, saving me a whopping 62p lol
    Hopefully the price will drop some in a few weeks.

Great suggestions, cannot wait till they put the next deluxe East of West. Love the Manhattan Projects deluxe editions also.

Thank you for the replies and suggestions on which is better, Astro City or Invincibles. I've decided to order Invincibles after my next paycheck.

But one of my earlier non DC Superhero orders came in yesterday. I first had ordered 100 BULLETS Volume 1 in TPB because I can't afford the now expensive Deluxe Edition, Dang it!!! I looked at the first 5 pages today and showed my husband. After dinner, my husband took the book and disappeared for about 90 minutes. He came back having read a nice portion of it. He said he really liked it and too bad there wasn't more than this book. I told him there's Volumes 2 thru 5, 100 issues total, so there is! I'm guessing he'll have that book finished by the weekend.

So..... any recommendations of other books SIMILAR to 100 Bullets? I always like to have several to choose from when I get into my reading. He likes the crime. We don't like anything devilish or crazy. I'm all DC, Golden Age thru 2011 Superheroes, but wanted to expand to other non superhero stuff for a change of pace.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Its a little odd how DC is marking all their Rebirth trades as TP first. Didn't they always go by sales? If a book had high sales, it would go to HC first, and TP later. This will be a problem for me, considering I'm dying to read the new Wonder Woman, and I want it in HC. I thought I'd get it faster in HC, but now it seems I'll have to wait longer. Still don't see anything about Wonder Woman by Rucka V.2, which makes me nervous. But if they're announcing Waids Flash v 2, I'm sure it'll appear at some point. I don't really understand why they have a "Greatest Battles" for Wonder Woman, but won't collect the final part of the old Perez run, right before the War of the Gods. I wonder if there's an audience who wants to see the John Bryne Wonder Woman make an appearance.And of course, I'd like to see Simones Run collected again. It would only take two trades (or an Omnibus. But if they won't give Azzerello one, I doubt they will for Simone). I'm really happy for what were getting, but I want more! I hope it doesn't slow down anytime soon.

I'm thrilled about Dino's Zatanna being collected again. I went through hell looking for the previous out of print trades. Highly recommend.
    Last edited by Vilynne; 08-03-2016 at 09:11 PM.

Maybe DC is moving away from small HC's all together. Surprised they would pass up the extra money, but maybe the HC/TPB ate each others sales too much.

Incredible Member

So..... any recommendations of other books SIMILAR to 100 Bullets? I always like to have several to choose from when I get into my reading. He likes the crime. We don't like anything devilish or crazy. I'm all DC, Golden Age thru 2011 Superheroes, but wanted to expand to other non superhero stuff for a change of pace.
    You need to look for the words by Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips on the cover they are the absolute best at modern Crime comics, Sleeper, Fatale, Criminal, Incognito,The Fade Out also Gotham Central but Sean Phillips wasn't on art duty for that one but its still phenominal.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    You need to look for the words by Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips on the cover they are the absolute best at modern Crime comics, Sleeper, Fatale, Criminal, Incognito,The Fade Out also Gotham Central but Sean Phillips wasn't on art duty for that one but its still phenominal.
    Totally second that, especially Gotham Central. Also, Stray Bullets by Lapham which is stellar!

Fantastic Member

i'd say East of West and Lazarus

Mighty Member

Read Brian Azzarello's Brother Lono? Stand alone follow up on Lono from 100Bullets. Basically Lono in Mexico, hoping that God will keep him out of trouble.
    http://www.page45.com/world/wp-conte...her-Lono-2.jpg

Here's a few "similar" books.

Rob William's Unfollow
    140 people are invited (through a cell telephone app) to share the wealth of a dying rich man (who's aim is to prove something). Also, the fewer people to share, the bigger share for each one of those left standing. Has it's fair share of really interesting characters. Everyone from a rich girl trying to escape her riches, a gun man wearing a tiki mask to an insane japanese writer (who cut his own legs of to prove something). Has one tbp as of yet.
    https://cdn.comicsverse.com/wp-conte...ow-Image-1.jpg

John Wagner's Button man
    Former soldier Harry Exton joins a dog eat dog killing game set up by some wealthy folks. Things ramp up when he wants out of it. There's a good collection of the 3 main stories "Get Harry Ex"
    http://i0.wp.com/downthetubes.net/wp...n-sample01.jpg

Darwyn Cooke's Parker books.
    Brilliant adaptation of Richard Stark's (Donald Westlake) Parker books. Parker is one hard and cold criminal. Released both as books and an omnibus.
    http://comicsalliance.com/files/2015/05/Parker03.jpg
    Last edited by borntohula; 08-04-2016 at 04:41 AM.